Demo Released

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 isolated726

isolated726

Initiate

• Members

Posted 24 April 2022 - 03:44 PM

So with April having also been distracting, I'm giving myself until the End of June to finish, hopefully releasing sooner, but am uploading a demo version for y'all with an open-door for feedback on it :)

EDIT: I forgot to put that this is for Rites of Lineage in the title, my bad

Edited by isolated726, 24 April 2022 - 03:45 PM.

#2 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 April 2022 - 08:13 AM

I think there's some really good ideas in here. It's got that classic Zelda Classic feel, even with the nicer graphics. 

a bit of feedback/bugs:

all of this criticism aside i really, really like the core ideas you have in here. the shift in areas is really neat, and i like how the overworld design fits together.

my advice would be not to rush it and have it out by the end of june, but maybe have the major elements like dungeons etc done and finished by then. then you can focus on honing in on the finer details before release, like power balance, debugging, and anything else i haven't thought of. 

#3 isolated726

isolated726

Initiate

• Members

Posted 25 April 2022 - 08:05 PM

@Taco Chopper, I'm taking this feedback and will start to integrate it, I do have Scrolling Warps don't set continue point on but it seems to be finicky (maybe I should have it unchecked?).  I'll give some enemy re balancing a go as uh,That is a common piece of feedback I've gotten (Also the first picture doesn't work).

#4 isolated726

isolated726

Initiate

• Members

Posted 26 April 2022 - 04:40 PM

Hey everyone, hate to be THAT guy but I am going to re-release the demo due to being notified of a softlock that can occur, and as such would highly recommend using the newest version (should be out tonight or tomorrow morning) to avoid any key discrepancies.  By which I mean an old file on the new version may be broken (or have free keys)

Edited by isolated726, 26 April 2022 - 04:41 PM.

#5 isolated726

isolated726

Initiate

• Members

Posted 03 July 2022 - 06:25 PM

Status Update, 8/11 Dungeons fully complete, finalizing floor plans for the next, still at 11/11 conceptualized

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users