What did you accomplish in ZC today?

• Please log in to reply
4954 replies to this topic

#61 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:30 AM

I haven't tested this yet, but I made a few one-time events using string control codes.

I have a custom item called 'Secret Seashells' that increase a counter by one each time you find one. They function similar to gold skulltula tokens from OoT. After a certain amount you have, you will receive an upgrade from somebody. Enough about that, here's the two events I made:

Items needed:

'Secret Seashell'
'SQ1 - Axe' (Meaning it's involved in Side Quest #1)
'SQ1 - Thxforaxe' (Invisible item involved in Side Quest #1, replaces the axe and makes sure that you don't see the event twice)
'Inv. Seashell behind sign' (A fake item used to keep you from seeing the second event twice)

First Event:

String 1: "The curse on the forest is gone, now I can go back to being a woodcutter!"
String 2: "If only I had an axe!"
String 3: "I'll give you this seashell for your axe!"
String 4: "Thank's for the axe!"

Here's how it works, string 1 has a code that checks for "SQ1 - Thxforaxe", if he has that, the string changes to string 4. If he doesn't have that, it goes to string 2. String 2 has a code that checks for "SQ1 - Axe," if Link has it, the string will change to string 3. String 3 has a code that takes "SQ1 - Axe," and gives "SQ1 - Thxforaxe" and a secret seashell.

Here's what you see: If you visit the woodcutter after Level 2, and if you have an axe with you, he will take the axe and give you a seashell. After that, he will just thank you for the axe.

Second Event:

String 1: "Graveyard"
String 2: "(There's a seashell carefully placed on the sign)"
String 3: "(You already took the seashell)"

String 1 has no codes. String 2 has a code that checks for "Inv. Seashell behind sign," if you have it, you get string 3. String 2 give you the seashell, and "Inv. Seashell behind sign."

What you see: The first time you read the sign, Link finds a seashell.

Took me about 20 minutes to figure out how to use string codes, it's really simple and useful. My only complaint is that there is no "Go to screen" codes.

#62 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:32 PM

89% Of the first dungeon in my quest is complete!
I just need specific dungeon tiles (which i will ask about in the request forum.) and a couple items are missing.Namely the map and the boss key.

Edited by sonicfan350, 24 April 2011 - 04:32 PM.

#63 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:50 AM

I actually did something of substance. I planned an area out in my head, drew it on a ZC grid, then started working on it in ZC. I think I'm finally over my slow period of work. Too much time's gone by with too little work. Time to start rolling again.

#64 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:52 AM

IPB Image
My Hyrule Field is about 45% Complete!

And that ladies and mentalmen is what I did as of today.

#65 symbiote01

symbiote01

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:39 PM

Project Wizzrobe update.
Today I broke my bomb flower script! (cry) It no longer recognizes a hit by an lweapon, so you can't use a weapon to trigger it from a distance. I don't know why this is so.
However, I did manage to prevent them from 'carrying over' the explosion to the next screen if you move to a different one before the explosion occurs. I'm still working on getting more than one to go off at a time, if you trigger more than one. Just so you know, these bombflowers are not FFC based- they are just combos, and global script-based.

Finished the fourth dungeon, including a cut scene where you capture your first royal in a gem. Gannon Mandrag, son of Dragos Mangeru, leader of the Gerudo tribes- you belong to us now! Muahahaha! If I have the gumption, I will add some shadow and lighting effects, but they are a low priority.

#66 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:07 AM

*points to sig*

Today, I attempted to script an extremly powerful item called the Baton of Estera. Link would be able to charge it up, then throw it straight into the air, and it wouldn't come down for up to two and a half minutes (depending on how long it was charged). But once the Baton hits the ground, Link would be instantaneously transported to that exact spot, no matter where he is on the DMap. He'd be able to whisk clear from one end of the map to the other if timed right.

But... this was not what the script did when I finished it. What it did was break my computer. icon_aggravated.gif It's not a Trace()able error, either; I didn't just write non-working code, I wrote something that got me the "This Program Will Now Close" box.

Three days I worked on this thing, and now the finished result is corrupted beyond any of my salvaging abilities. So I deleted the whole script, and basically wasted three days of work.

It's things like this that seriously kill my motivation. icon_frown.gif Oh well... At least I didn't lose any data aside from the death-script itself. Soon as I deleted it, my game worked as normal, so I can count my blessings I guess.

#67 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:10 AM

I took a dump, and thought about a dungeon. I drew it on toilet paper, then accidentally flushed it.

Actually, I did open up, and work on Zelda-TD a little bit. I've been re-playing the finished portions of it, which usually makes me want to work on it more.

#68 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:37 PM

Aww, that STINKS Schwa!
Sounds like a confusing item, though. But it sounds like you worked so hard on it! I hope you can get it to work someday.

Anthus, that stinks too! But working on quests is always fun!

A few days ago, I thought of an AMAZING story! Can't release it right now (Unless you're one of my close friends. That includes you, Schwa xD) due to it being so original.

Right now, i'm working on a huge town, with shops and a lot of cool things! icon_biggrin.gif It's coming out HUGE, and great!

#69 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:47 PM

I've actually been working with the ALttP tileset lately, reusing an old scrapped idea... I've discovered a certain fondness for the set, too. It might be nostalgia setting in, but I love the simplicity of it, too. Don't have to decide between 15 types of trees or ground types. I notice I tend to get a bit overwhelmed with Pure Remembrance or DoR, but this set is just kind of right for me.

#70 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:42 PM

I designed another pair of enemies to add to my 'ghost' collection. The ghosts have little in common except that they are all annoying in some way or another. Some of them are invisible (and one drains your magic). The newest two look like NPC's... until they shoot you or eat you. If you ever meet these dastardly foes, run for your life (and sanity)! Or.... you could grab the Lens of Truth.

#71 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:44 PM

Sounds cool, Prospekt!
I like the ALttP set icon_smile.gif

And MM, sounds scary D:
I'm still dying to play that quest @_@

#72 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:14 PM

If you want to try out the ghost enemies, wait for me to post the update (I'll change the last updated link in my sig) and head to the southern edge of the dark world. But beware - the Lens of Truth hasn't been added yet. Muahahaha!

#73 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:52 PM

Well, today, I moved to RPG maker VX because working with Zquest was just stressing the hell out of me and I couldn't take it anymore. Don't worry, I'll be back someday! icon_biggrin.gif

#74 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE(Keiichi123 @ May 11 2011, 03:52 PM) View Post

Well, today, I moved to RPG maker VX because working with Zquest was just stressing the hell out of me and I couldn't take it anymore. Don't worry, I'll be back someday! icon_biggrin.gif

What you mean to say is, your Aspie obsession has flip-flopped again, and you've forgotten ZC even exists overnight. icon_blah.gif

Brother, I can relate. Argh.

#75 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:15 PM

Yesterday, I moved my project to Pure Remembrance, and it looks like the story will be altered icon_smile.gif
But it's fine with me, it's coming out great!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users