Photo

Map of the Month 92

Sheik

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Map of the Month 92 (33 member(s) have cast votes)

5 entrants, but only 1 winner. Who will it be?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:15 AM

Welcome to the next Map of the Month contest! We had quite a nice turnout this time round, so let's see what we got...

TheRock

Explore the Northern Ruins of Herald of Heroes

Sheik

Anthus

Endless* adventure awaits.

*Adventure is not in fact endless. Check with your physician if you have a history of high blood pressure, alcohol abuse, are pregnant, or planning on becoming pregnant. Do not use if you are taking Aspirin for high blood pressure.

Shoshon the Elegant

Full map of Prometheus: Flame of Hope. This quest uses rafting, whistle warps and natural shortcuts.

Dimentio

Welcome to Miran, a peaceful farming town, overlooked by ancient ruins! They say that the ruins were sealed long ago to protect the world from evil, though recent earthquakes have opened up the interior. Despite not know what the temple contains, no-one is allowed to enter, especially not a group of adventurous young boys. Adults guard the entrance all day... but maybe you can sneak in at night?

And those are the entries this month, vote away!

#2 Zaxarone

Zaxarone

Gigi & Merri Superstar Saga

• Members

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:19 AM

Boy these are all good. but my vote goes to dimentio for the most creative and cool looking tile set. did you make it? or is it from something? either way it's awesome

• Deedee likes this

#3 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:58 AM

TheRock

Really nice work on the palettes here. While some of the screens look a little same-y that could easily be touched up with a couple unique objects here and there. What really stole my vote was how well the overall layout of the geography works. Everything fits together and flows nicely and the topography is interesting. Also I feel that each area has a very distinct mood, making me want to hear the soundtrack for each. The purple fog is a nice touch.

Sheik

A very nice reimagining! I like how it all looks, but that level of grass detail is a bit overmuch is you ask me. I feel the different patches of grass types should be larger so it's a bit more simple and pleasing, like in Link's Awakening: http://www.zeldaelem...ps/worldmap.png The canopies are awesome, and the houses and Deku Tree all look especially great. ZC's not good at shadow layers though, so I generally avoid them.

Anthus

The shipyard area is definitely cool.

Shoshon

Really liking the palettes, level of detail for classic, and additional objects like logs and skeletons. Only criticism is screens start to look identical.

Dimentio

I love the cool greens and blues, a very pleasant environment. Well done.

Edited by Cukeman, 01 December 2017 - 05:00 AM.

• Anthus likes this

#4 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:51 AM

Boy these are all good. but my vote goes to dimentio for the most creative and cool looking tile set. did you make it? or is it from something? either way it's awesome

I compiled it together, yup. The tiles are mostly FireSeraphim's + a few others loose tiles and some of my own tile edits.

#5 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:58 AM

tough call between 2, 4, 5.

#6 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:09 AM

TheRock: A lot of straightness. I like the look of more jaggedness. However, I can't say anything else. Colors are nice.

Sheik: A really nice representation of Kokiri Village. The water is especially nice.

Anthus: I absolutely adore the way you use classic. My vote is here.

Shoshon: YOUR NAME AND D-MOBILE NUMBER PLEASE!

Dimentio: Too small to get my vote over Anthus' tile usage, but it looks fantastic and I look forward to seeing this grow.
  • Anthus likes this

#7 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:59 AM

It was tough between Shoshon and Sheik but I went with Sheik. The flow of the overworld is god like in Shoshon's though.

-Strike

#8 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:08 AM

And here are the results for the month:

TheRock (1 votes [3.33%])

Sheik (15 votes [50.00%])

Anthus (5 votes [16.67%])

Shoshon the Elegant (4 votes [13.33%])

Dimentio (5 votes [16.67%])

Congrats to Sheik for winning this month! We got a bit of crazy stuff coming along now. I'll get MotM 93 going soon, and then I'll eventually get to posting Map of the Year 2017.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sheik

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users