Photo

Screenshot of the Week 407

Jared Feenicks Scootaloo jetbox Moosh

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 407 (56 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:53 AM

Clearly those pillars are painted on the walls. Honestly I never liked Outlands' wall pillars. I only used them because I currently have no other kind of wall detail in this set.

Also my impressive losing streak is still going strong. Yay!

#17 Shane7227

Shane7227

Initiate

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

Was hard to choose, but I chose Jared. All great shots, though.

#18 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

So looking at Jared's shot again. I just noticed the floor border going into the pot...And the floating torch in the upper left corner...And now I'm noticing how those pits are being used...And how that floor color doesn't look very good with those walls in my opinion...And how from a design standpoint I'm not sure what the bottom right section is even there for. Does part of that rail just disappear when you shoot the eye or something?

Edited by Moosh, 22 April 2013 - 05:57 PM.

#19 Legen Dary

Legen Dary

Freak Scene

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

Voted for jetbox. As I expected, it's the least voted screen because of the Z1 classic style. Those graphics sure aren't the most beautiful xD but I voted for him because his screen is the only one which gives me a (let´s call it) "feeling".

- Feenicks: good solid screen, just keeping it simple. Like it.

- Scotaloo: colorful and organic, this may be the visually most precious one, but it has a lot of stuff and, for me, there's a contradiction. The problem is that I don't see the forest anywhere, but there are shades of trees everywhere.

- jetbox: despite the Z1 classic style and the simplicity of the composition, I can perfectly imagine the feeling of crossing the woods to end in a clean natural corridor surrounded by trees. At the end, the entrance to a fortress, and there's Link standing in front of it. It isn't the most beautiful screenshot ever, but it's the only one that's epic and has sense of adventure here, in my opinion.

- Moosh: the triple division is interesting, and the soft brown is comfortable to watch, but I don't see anything special here, neither aesthetically or in content.

- Jared: decent one, but maybe too complicated (or too many different things in the screen). The problem with this is that it kills part of the atmosphere. Better to play than to look at, I suppose =)

Edited by Legen Dary, 22 April 2013 - 06:17 PM.

#20 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

I voted for Jared, best shot this week imo.

#21 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

So looking at Jared's shot again. I just noticed the floor border going into the pot...And the floating torch in the upper left corner...And now I'm noticing how those pits are being used...And how that floor color doesn't look very good with those walls in my opinion...And how from a design standpoint I'm not sure what the bottom right section is even there for. Does part of that rail just disappear when you shoot the eye or something?

I forgot the top of the little pillar thing. The floor borders are all randomized throughout the dungeon, to imitate a dirt-like substance.

Link actually originally comes out the bottom of the screen. I guess you just have to play to understand, I suppose...I can fix the floating torch though. XD

#22 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:49 AM

Moosh get's my vote out of sympathy.

#23 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:28 AM

Moosh get's my vote out of sympathy.

No you fool! Never vote for the third place winner at the end of the week. At this point what's more important is "Do you like Jared's shot?" If yes, you vote for Jared. If no, you vote for Scootaloo. Two party system, eh? :P

Seriously though, don't give sympathy votes. That's just silly.

#24 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

I always vote seriously, reason why I said "out of sympathy" because as always the other shots are better cause they're NOT classic which is the tileset nearly nobody likes using in serious projects anymore except us old men. But if they we're all classic. Yours would probably win unless you we're going up against Cukeman or Lightwulf. ;)

#25 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

It's not like it's "most sympathic member of the week that submitted a screenshot"-contest, actually. Kind of defeats the purpose of this whole thing.
  • Jared likes this

#26 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

I voted for you Moosh, because of the mixing newer tiles into the classic set which I like doing with FF graphics and stuff. Though my vote was early in this contest, when you were trailing with 4 votes. The other winning shots arent bad, but nothing I couldn't do in pure myself, pretty easily at that. Though I will say I like the pit sceme of Jareds shot, so stick with that if you're making a dungeon use them heavly. That tile error though..

Moosh, the torchs flame colors need to be changed to look more like fire. I wouldn't keep them the same color as the walls and objects, unless it's a fire dungeon or something where it's fitting.

#27 Shivasama

Shivasama

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

I voted for the last one, but the 2 first are really good too !

#28 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

My vote went to Scootaloo this week. I really like what you've got going on here. It seems a little busy, but I don't really think it takes anything away from the shot. Well done.

My second place goes to Feenicks - It's simple, functional and those walls are a nice change from the typical ALLtP walls we've seen in Pure/DoR. Nice work. :)

Though I do think the turnout was pretty good this week. A round of applause to everyone for this week's entries. :clap:

#29 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

With 31.48% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 407 is Jared!

Posted Image

Congratulations!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jared, Feenicks, Scootaloo, jetbox, Moosh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users