Photo

Screenshot of the Week 407

Jared Feenicks Scootaloo jetbox Moosh

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 407 (56 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

Feenicks
Feenicks.png
Reminder to myself that I still technically still owe Russ a dungeon set [and that I seriously need to get on with messing about with my subscreen].

Scootaloo
Scootaloo.jpg
Well, at least it's not EZGBZ.

jetbox
jetbox.png
The entrance to the Moblin Fort.

Moosh
Moosh.png
He thinks he's going to win SotW with a classic shot! laughinggirls.png

Jared
Jared.png
The Ruined Tower

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

Feenicks: Those are some pretty sexy walls you got there. It's not a bad screen either. 8/10
Scootaloo: This is just all around a really great screen. My only real complaint is that it's a little cramped but since it has so few enemies I don't think that's really a problem at all. 9/10
Jetbox: I can't say I'm a fan of CSet 0. I think it would look better as CSet 11. That's just me, though. It has some serious perspective clash even for classic. I feel like if it wasn't as tall or you had walls on both sides to it would look less flat. 5/10
Moosh: It's-a-me! Style clash! 6.28318530717598/10
Jared: Pretty solid screen, but dat painful tile error in the bottom left! Pleasefixpleasefixpleasefix! 7/10

Voted for Scoot. She really needs to make a quest.

Edited by Moosh, 21 April 2013 - 07:38 PM.

• Rambly likes this

#3 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Voted for Moosh, I love what is happening in this screen (Which is not much I know).
But I like the concept of a dungeon in the sky. :3

#4 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

I voted for Jared today, it looks like a really intesting temple. :P

#5 JetBox

JetBox

Wizard

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

Jetbox: I can't say I'm a fan of CSet 0. I think it would look better as CSet 11. That's just me, though. It has some serious perspective clash even for classic. I feel like if it wasn't as tall or you had walls on both sides to it would look less flat. 5/10

Okay, Moosh, I don't know what you mean by "If it had walls on both sides" because it does. Also, it's not on C-set 11 because it is supposed to be a forest.
I voted for Feenick's because it looks like a really cool dungeon!

#6 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

voted jared.Scootaloo's was ok but to dark.

#7 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

Okay, Moosh, I don't know what you mean by "If it had walls on both sides" because it does. Also, it's not on C-set 11 because it is supposed to be a forest.
I voted for Feenick's because it looks like a really cool dungeon!

I don't understand what you mean. CSet 0 uses overworld palette structure. Those tiles you're using use dungeon palette structure. CSet 11 follows dungeon palette structure. Why would you use CSet 0? As for the walls on both sides, I meant behind the main structure it would look better to have walls stretching out to the edges of the screen on the left and right. Right now it kinda looks like a gateway in the middle of nowhere.

#8 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

I voted for Moosh; I really like the vibe I get from that screen, it feels more harmonious than the other screens this week. However I don't like your use of LttP tiles, because of the obvious tile clash. I think with a little bit of work you could easily change some Classic tiles and use them the same way you have used the LttP tiles e.g, turning a Classic Push-block into a Lock-block, and using those pillars that grace the walls as lanterns by putting a flame on the top of them. If you're interested, PM me and I can have a go at "Classic-ifying" some LttP stuff!

#9 JetBox

JetBox

Wizard

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

I don't understand what you mean. CSet 0 uses overworld palette structure. Those tiles you're using use dungeon palette structure. CSet 11 follows dungeon palette structure. Why would you use CSet 0? As for the walls on both sides, I meant behind the main structure it would look better to have walls stretching out to the edges of the screen on the left and right. Right now it kinda looks like a gateway in the middle of nowhere.

Okay, I understand what you mean now. I have edited the part so it will go to the edges of the screen. But about using CSet 0, I did it because i can't draw tiles for crap. I mean, I couldn't draw stick figures until 6th grade, which is terrible. Also, I thought it was the closest thing to a fort in the preset tiles. I only used them because I thought the looked cool.I can understand your point of view and agree with you.

#10 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

My vote goes to Feenicks this week. It's nothing special, but it's functional enough and omits distracting graphics.

#11 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

How is that a Classic shot, Moosh? :confused: That's like putting a mustache on Mona Lisa and calling it a classic painting. :/ (Except, like, that would at least be funny.)

Anyways, I voted for Jared this week.

Edited by Sheik, 21 April 2013 - 11:25 PM.

#12 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:40 PM

I voted for Feenicks. That shot brings back memories of how you were so awesome with Pure when you were Phoenix.

#13 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

Haven't done one of these in a while. [Nulled, given that I'm in this]

Feenicks: I don't really feel that the custom dungeon sets that come with PTUX really work well with the GB/LTTP tiles that Pure's mostly made out of, so I ended up making these.

Scootaloo: I'm not really all that fond of the construction of this screen, as there's just a million things going on at once. I guess my biggest issue is the orange brush that bisects the screen being far more eyecatching than the stuff that is actually relevant to traversing the screen, but I'm not sure how you'd go about fixing that.

jetbox: ...it's a symmetrical classic screen? Not really much to say here, other than echoing the calls to switch the CSet you're using for the building.

Moosh: Why are there three or four perspectives going on at once there? Why does the floor seem to be paper-thin?

Jared: I like this, but there's a few things that just bother me, really. The pit placement seems kinda strange, I'm not sure what you're trying to get across with the way the floor borders and the two floor types are working together, and the post of that fence thing in the bottom left is missing its top.

#14 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:38 AM

I think Feenicks and Scootlybootlywootlyloo had the best screens this week. Those are really good dungeon walls; they don't stand out too much from the LttP walls, but they're nice anyway and custom content is always good. Scootaloo's shot is not, in fact, EZGBZ.

jetbox's is pretty alright. Jared's is alright as well, but it seems like a pain to play through. You're so limited in space and fighting pretty high HP enemies for level 2.

The perspective on Moosh's shot is wacky as h-e-double-hockey-sticks (there's a sideways upright pillar next to a vertical upright pillar) and that's really throwing me for a loop.

#15 sutibu

sutibu

Initiate

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:16 AM

Voted for Jared. I just thought it was the most interesting shot this week. Looks really solid and everything seems to fit.

My second place vote would be Feenicks. While nothing special about it, it's really solid. It does the job.

Scootaloo's is a nice screen but it's a little hard to tell what was going on. I thought the orange was a river or lava or something until I realized it was forest brush.

Jetbox's screen to be honest I like the way it is. It's simple and effective and it gives me a sense of wondering what lies ahead. Kind of an ominous dungeon entrance and the colors look fine the way they are.

Moosh's screen as everyone else has already pointed out, the perspective is way off. I'd remove those wall pillars all together. The torches look okay but I can't really tell what's going on with the wall. The wall borders look okay but I think having the same brick pattern behind it really destroys the perspective. I think the forest pallet does work with the brown but those green sphere things don't quite fit. Potential is there, but it needs some touching up.

First time I've done a review for SotW. Was fun. Nice turnout for the nice new layout of this site.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jared, Feenicks, Scootaloo, jetbox, Moosh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users