Photo

Light of the Heavens DX

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Rating (21 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate this?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neptune

Neptune

Grand Overlord Empress

• Forum Moderators

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:31 PM

Light of the Heavens DX
By Russ

General Information

So, if you'll remember, Blaman held a three week quest contest a couple of months ago. My submission was called Light of the Heavens. It was a fun, short game, but given that it was only made in three weeks, it wasn't exactly perfect. So I've set out to remake it from scratch, add more levels, more story, more sidequests, better graphics, etc. And that brings us here.

Features

All of the features of the first (see here)
A new, Cave Story-esqu storyline featuring four different endings, depending on how you play.
A new system that changes the time of day as you clear certain story events, allowing the story to unfold better.
Hidden levels, some with wonderful rewards, and some only accessible by playing the game a certain way and unlocking certain story events.
A new, expanded overworld, as well as a (mostly) complete redux of the Heavens.
A new timed mode that gives you the option of racing against the clock to finish certain sections of the game.
And much more!

Story

Actually, I'm going to hold out on you guys a bit here. The story is different from the first one, I'll say that. It is MUCH more complex, and features new characters, new plot twists, etc. Like I said before, the choices you make will change how the story unfolds, ultimately leading to one of four different endings. And getting the good ending won't be as easy as finding a bombable wall this time around. icon_wink.gif

Screenshot

Yes, singular. I've only just started actually working with it in ZQuest, so this is all I have to offer: Light of the Heavens DX Palm Island Map

Release Date

Heck if I know! icon_razz.gif I want to get it done this year, and hopefully by the end of summer, but whether or not that happens will remain to be seen.

#2 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:18 PM

10/10. Keep up the good work Russ.

#3 Daemon

Daemon

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:03 PM

10/10 The original was great, I have no doubt this will be better. Keep it up. icon_smile.gif

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:16 PM

http://i206.photobuc...lmostfinish.png

I finished that since I submitted this. I tried to get it added to the submission before it got posted, but no luck. Angeal, if you get the chance, could you edit that link into the post, replacing the other screenshot link? Thanks.

Thanks both of you for giving it a ten! It means a lot to me.
Edit: And thank you those who gave it a seven and eight. And screw you, whoever gave it a three. Just kidding, of course. icon_razz.gif

Edited by Russ, 24 May 2010 - 10:16 PM.

#5 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• Members

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:00 PM

I swear, whoever gave it a three...I'll take a coconut and...repetetively stab their spleen untill...when a fine consistency of Skittles is attained...eat their remains! OMNOMNOM! Naw! I just kidding! Great quest! I give it a 10.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users