Ahh, the Spring Expo! And, the first one that I am participating in. Awesome. So, the first part of this is stuff that you’ve seen already, with minor revisions. However, I tacked on the Level 1 update along with four new screens to the end. I won’t post it in the thread for a few weeks, so read it here!
Story: This is the interesting part. There is none. No story whatsoever, unless you still consider "find the 8 Triforce pieces and slay Ganon" a story. I think most quests/questmakers nowadays are too pressed to come up with an epic story filled with twists, dark plot lines, multiple side stories, etc, etc. to keep the players attention. But I don't want to spend time on that. I just want to make a fun quest to play through.
Info: Meh, I don't wanna say too much yet, so just this...
• ZC Version 2.5, for obvious reasons.
• Classic tileset, nothing fancy to have to battle with.
• 10 dungeons, 1 more than a standard quest!
• More than one overworld, not sure how many yet.
Screens! Finally, the important part:
These are all from the first area of the game, they are:
Top-Left: Riverbank, first screen of the game.
Top-Right: Island on the middle of the river.
Center: Entrance to Level 1, on the same island.
Bottom-Left: Part of a river cave system, used to get onto said island before you have the flippers.
Bottom-Right: Second room of Level 1, can't get past without the boomerang.
1) A generic forest area. The "biggest cave" (actually a temple/palace/castle etc., I just didn't want to use any more colors) is one of the eight first levels. The green obviously represents trees, but that doesn't mean solid, un-walkable forests. The large chunk in the center is actually located on a different map, and will probably take up much more space than the 10 or so screens that the patch takes up. And yes, those circles of trees are important (or at least two of them.)
2) Remir river, and the first area of the game. Level 1 is on that island in the middle. Oh, and despite what it seems like, there is a waterfall to the north of the river, so you can't swim to the northern lands this way. Yea, not much else to say about it...
3) Fields. The large green dot will most likely be a mini-dungeon (inside a tree or something.) The rocky area to the east is kind of like hills. With a cave system. Maybe I'll put Gorons there.
4) Maris Ocean. Nothing of real interest here. Really just a buffer zone between the mainland and...
5) Tristis Reef. Has a level and stuff. Smallest overworld area in the game. Might put some stuff underwater.
6) Lost hills type area. Leads to one of the levels in the later half of the game. Extends into the northern overworld (in fact, I think there's more there than here.) I think I know how I'll make this area. And yes, it will be extra evil.
7) Mountain. The path will not be as straightforward as I drew. Hmm, maybe the Gorons will go here... Despite what the staircase implies, the area doesn't extend north, just offscreen. (Or does it? Mwahaha.)
Eight) And finally, the desert. No, it's not just two screens. It's actually the eastern overworld (the entirety of it, 20 screens or so.) Yea, more on it later.
Sitting in the middle of the Remir river lies the Remir Sluice, the first of the 10 main dungeons that Link will explore on his quest for the Triforce. It has a dome-like shape, with the upper floor suspended over a circular river that flows throughout the lower floor. The upper floor is kind of shaped like a gear, with eight “arms” that branch outside of the main dome. Overall, a short, simple, first dungeon.
Number of Rooms: 31
Items: Boomerang, Bomb Bag
Number of Sub-bosses: 3
Number of Main Bosses: 1
Demo Status: Once Level 1 and some more of the over world is done, I’ll release a demo. Tentative date: Early June
Well, thats all. Good night.