Photo

Screenshot of the Week 117

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 117 (67 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 117

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE(ZC-Ninja @ Apr 4 2006, 01:24 PM)
Gashin- why is mine always the last shot in the compitition? While I normally enter mine in at the last minute, this time I entered it like 2 weeks ago... just curious icon_razz.gif

View Post

like what jman said, your name starts with Z, so it comes last. I order the names alphabetically. plus, I don't like you

(kidding)

#17 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:15 PM

Eeny, meeny, miney, moe... Let's vote for Linkus Mastii. icon_wink.gif

But really, his shot does just about everything right for me. I like the colors and the cliffs, trees, pillars, and their shadows. It just looks so far away from Zelda, yet it still feels adventurous. It's... refreshing. icon_wink.gif (That's the word I was looking for.)

To the others: definitely an above-average effort overall. I just felt there wasn't enough originality to take my vote. Actually, ZC-Ninja, you did just about everything right, I just wasn't a big fan of the colors used. But again, good work from everybody.

#18 Mikado

Mikado

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 05 April 2006 - 02:30 PM

I voted for Linkus. I like his shadows and stuff...and the detail and custom mountains too. icon_thumbsup.gif

#19 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 05 April 2006 - 02:57 PM

Heh. I was thinking that the shot would be nice to look at, but it seemed just a little empty...

Anyway, if I had with me, I'd show an updated shot of that screen--more stuff added, like a fallen pillar and ruin-like pieces(broken blocks, etc.), and changed the tree to attempt a complementary look along with the others.

I'll fix the map, though--I'll only take a few minutes. Also, I'll try for a indoor shot next week, if I'll ever make the tiles...

Edited by Linkus Mastii, 05 April 2006 - 02:58 PM.

#20 Pol's Voice

Pol's Voice

Adept

• Members

Posted 05 April 2006 - 04:26 PM

I voted for Linkus for many of the same reasons already listed. I always enjoy games with a "ruins" section anyway.

#21 cousinoer5

cousinoer5

Ohana#0055

• Members

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:58 PM

I voted for Linkus, those ruins look awesome and convey a nice feeling of destruction and emptyness. But I did like that water that ZC-Ninja used.

#22 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:05 PM

Dorian:
Nice shot for the most part, but I'd add cracks to the ice here and there, and maybe some variation in the falling snow...

Linkus Mastii:
I voted for this shot. I absolutly love those cliff tiles icon_biggrin.gif They slightly resemble those of Mt. Crenal from Minish Cap... Nice dilapated castle tiles too icon_smile.gif

Questions:
No offense, but this is just another Pure shot IMO... It is a nice one though, and I have nothing against the set, but it's not what I'm personally looking for in a SoTW winning shot...

Sephiroth:
You see, this is why you don't mix dungeon and overworld tiles. You get a wierd perspective thingy goin' on there icon_razz.gif I'm only half kidding though. This shot is alright, but it could use some variation in large areas like the water, and the tree cluster.

ZC-Ninja:
Nice shot, but there are two things that irk me: 1) The water looks a little too light, and it kinda has an "eletrical look to it". I'm not sure how it looks animated though. 2) The stain glass windows could use more of a defined outline, and perhaps even a window sill. Nice shot though.

This was a pretty good show this week icon_smile.gif

#23 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:49 PM

just a reminder that SotW will end tomorrow, not today. there's still time to overthrow Linkus, so hurry up!

also, I only have one shot for SotW 118, which may start today. if I don't recieve two more by, let's say 8:00 PM Eastern, I'll postpone 118 until tomorrow

#24 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 09 April 2006 - 05:59 PM

I'll give it a shot (I'm gonna lose for sure!), how do I submit? PM? E-mail?

#25 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 09 April 2006 - 06:14 PM

PM, please, but email if you must. PMs are a lot easier to handle

#26 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 10 April 2006 - 11:03 AM

alright, Linkus Mastii wins this one! those ruins certailny did rock

and still only one screenshot for SotW 118, which starts TODAY

#27 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 10 April 2006 - 11:31 AM

Dang, I have to help you out by submitting something then! icon_razz.gif

#28 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Apr 10 2006, 09:31 AM)
Dang, I have to help you out by submitting something then! icon_razz.gif

View Post

Aw man, I lost 118 for sure now. icon_doh.gif That doesn't matter though. icon_sigh.gif

#29 August Yifu

August Yifu

Magus

• Banned

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:10 PM

I voted for Linkus Mastii. While I'd rather have seen more traditional trees (like the pure ones) being used, the detail with the stone and the shadows is amazing.

#30 mikepjr

mikepjr

• Members

Posted 17 April 2006 - 10:40 AM

I just want to know how to make a large link like Sephiroth did.
What version is he using, how do i do that?
Or is that just for the image?

But my vote goes to Linkus.
I love those trees.

Edited by mikepjr, 17 April 2006 - 10:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users