• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Deathrider

Deathrider

Nothing Special Here

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 March 2023 - 04:03 PM

A LOT has happened... yet again just on the backend. This demo so far as a trend on looking at things I have not looked at in years.

I have since gone through all scripts and cleaned, purged, bug fixed many of them. I had a lot of scripts that more or less did the same things that I was able to consolidate reducing my code base substantially. Many scripts were outright unused given they were written before that logic was in engine.

I have also gone through, sorted, fixed ALL strings... yea that sucked, but was worth it as they are organized, expandable for new strings, and made consistent in formatting (primarily coloring of text to indicate something).

Despite all of that, the largest thing I did was take a look at the story. I have accumulated a lot of story/lore ideas in stray notes which has been a mess basically since starting the project. I have essentially pulled an Elden Ring, and wrote an entire lore that my game will reflect. Similarly to FromSoft games, much of the deeper lore will exist, but not in obvious places (NPCs, books, signs, tombstones, etc). This has made me significantly more excited for the future of this quest as now everything fits in not only with the game but with the future of the content.

As of now everything in the game, everything said by nps, every location, even 99% of design choices are made to fit in with the lore I have created. This has also presented a new and better way of developing the game going forward, as I can now write the lore of the next stage which gives me a solid backbone for the upcoming content (it will solve dungeon themes, bosses, cutscenes, etc), as well as making sure it fits in. Being that there is a full lore also makes it sort of "roll of the tongue". Since making the lore I almost instantly came up with a good concept for the theme and boss of level 3.

This will be the most influential demo to the project yet, I cannot say how long it will be, but this will be the first demo to really display the story going on.

Edited by Deathrider, 27 March 2023 - 11:26 AM.

• Twilight Knight, Taco Chopper, Sheik and 3 others like this

#2 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 27 March 2023 - 10:06 AM

I will download and play this demo right now :-)

• Deathrider likes this

#3 Deathrider

Deathrider

Nothing Special Here

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 March 2023 - 11:27 AM

This is not a demo post... copy paste yikes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users