Monopoly at McDonald's

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Legend

• Site Creator

Posted 14 October 2004 - 01:44 PM

Monopoly started at McDonald's yesterday, and I just happened to be in there. I got two stamps that put me in the direction of some desirable prizes.

To get a Canon Elura 70 camcorder and compact photo printer, I need:
  • Ventnor Avenue
  • Atlantic Avenue
To get a Rio Forge 256 MB MP3 player, I need:
  • Virginia Avenue
  • States Avenue
Yeah yeah, what would I do with another free MP3 player when I have an iPod coming? I could always sell it. icon_razz.gif

So, is anybody playing? If so, I'd recommend a strategy I've come up with: If you get all but 1 of the stamps needed to win a prize, try to buy the other on eBay.

And is anybody not playing but going to be eating at McDonald's? If so, you can mail me any stamps you've gotten that I need! icon_snide.gif

#2 HydraPheetz

HydraPheetz

pwhoar

• Members

Posted 14 October 2004 - 02:53 PM

Hell, I didn't know that it started again.

Besides, I could use an MP3 player or something like that *puts "Eat at McDonald's tonight" on a to-do list*

#3 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 14 October 2004 - 04:01 PM

Wow, they've been having this contest since I was in early grade school...

'Thing is, WB, although you might've already figured this out... the way they probably do it is to make two of three common, and make the last one rare. I'm not sure how that would affect eBay prices (the idea of buying McD. monopoly pieces on eBay... icon_odd.gif)

#4 Zelda_Glory

Zelda_Glory

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 14 October 2004 - 04:22 PM

I don't know if I'd go back to playing that contest again, if only because of the mess that surrounded it for a long time.

Apparently, the company that ran the contests (before they got caught) rigged many of the games McDonalds ran by giving the winning pieces to certain people (friends and relatives), instead of putting them into the market with the other pieces. Thus, it was pretty hard for anyone else to win the largest prizes.

I haven't played McDonald's games since then.

(It's probably much better and more fair now, but I spent a lot of money only to learn after all that the game was rigged ... )

Edited by Zelda_Glory, 14 October 2004 - 04:23 PM.

#5 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 14 October 2004 - 05:22 PM

Well, I've never played this, and there is no change this year. But, McDonald's is taking a step back. Every year they have a car for a prize. Usually it's a Corvette, or a Mustang, or some other fancy car. This year it's a Honda Civic. icon_sweat.gif That just seems stupid.

#6 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 14 October 2004 - 05:34 PM

Yeah, just as LTM had said. A step back each year. I wish they would have a cool car, like a Pontiac or something. I won't play this, because I think it is kind of worthless, and it would mean I'd have to eat there, which I don't do very often, because I prefer BK. If I do, I'll see if I get the rare piece.

#7 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 14 October 2004 - 05:38 PM

Well, isn't the Civic a sedan?... Considering that most people who go to McDonalds are middle-class families with children... icon_shrug.gif A sports car is more impressive, but completely impractical for a family, because they're only really built to comfortably seat two people.

#8 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 October 2004 - 05:38 PM

No, I won't be participating. I hate McDonalds, their food taste like s***, I'm sorry but it does. And since I hate their food, I won't be going... Good luck with the stamps WB.

#9 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 14 October 2004 - 07:54 PM

Heh. Sorry I can't help, Wild Bill, (And all sorts of shortened versions of Wild Bill.) but if I set in there, God will kill me on the spot! icon_kawaii.gif (A dire exaggeration, you do realize. icon_snide.gif) But hey, glad I could make that snide smily! ^_^ Heehee.

Surel, I'll mail you any and all stamps I find on the street. Don't bother giving up your mailing address, because I'll just mail it to the person next door and get it wrong, so it'll get to you anyway. icon_sweat.gif

#10 Sparkrulean

Sparkrulean

Paladin

• Members

Posted 14 October 2004 - 07:57 PM

The problem is, if someone were to sell the piece on eaby, how do you know that it is an offentic one? My brother and I used to play it all the time! lol We would go into McDonalds, waste all our money, and walk around the resteraunt for a couple hours asking people for their pieces.. My brother and I used to come home with hundreds of pieces a day. I think we had all of them filled up, except we needed one more piece for each one. If I remember right, by brother had a piece, and needed one more, which his friend had but wouldn't give to him! icon_eek.gif THey could had split the prize! >_< grr!

#11 CrystalBlade

CrystalBlade

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 14 October 2004 - 08:03 PM

I won't go more often than I usually do (not like I go very frequently anyway... icon_sweat.gif).

Say... I feel like eating a Big Mac right now. icon_razz.gif

#12 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 14 October 2004 - 11:41 PM

Spark:

"Offentic?" hehe...

Like I said, I'm pretty sure that McDonalds makes one of each set of 3 the rare one, and the other two are very common. So your brother's friend, if he did indeed have the last piece of the set, was smart for not wanting to give it away.

If he never redeemed it, though, then that would be dumb. icon_razz.gif

#13 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 October 2004 - 09:31 AM

The Monopoly Game at McDonalds makes me want to go there even more nowadays. The only thing I hunt for is Best Buy bucks, which so far, I've won four dollars in total. Last year, I scored a 20 dollar piece, and in total, I made 46 Best Buy bucks in the game. Got myself a wavebird with that, too. Hopefully, I'll get a big prize this time, maybe like that 5000 Best Buy Dollar game piece.

Any Best Buy bucks, send to me if you ain't gonna use them. PM me, though, I don't feel like giving out my address to everyone.

Hey, Wild Bill, I'll send you any game pieces I get. And remember this one thing about the Monopoly game: One man's garbage is another mans treasure. If someone threw away their game piece, dig in there and get it. It may be disgusting, but it might be what you are looking for.

#14 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Legend

• Site Creator

Posted 16 October 2004 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE(Hunter P Brown @ Oct 16 2004, 08:31 AM)
The Monopoly Game at McDonalds makes me want to go there even more nowadays. The only thing I hunt for is Best Buy bucks, which so far, I've won four dollars in total. Last year, I scored a 20 dollar piece, and in total, I made 46 Best Buy bucks in the game. Got myself a wavebird with that, too. Hopefully, I'll get a big prize this time, maybe like that 5000 Best Buy Dollar game piece.

I got a grand total 1 Best Buy bucks last year. icon_lol.gif I used it on a CD.

Last year, one was guaranteed to get at least 1 Best Buy buck on standard size fries, but they ran out of the Monopoly cups/fries before I got back in there. :\

#15 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 16 October 2004 - 01:07 PM

Sorry Bill but I'm already obligated to help my friend with the stuff. I don't collect them but she does. And if I help her there's a better chance I'll get to benefit from whatever she wins, than there is with you. Sorry icon_frown.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users