Had any past s/n's?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 October 2004 - 11:29 PM

In the past, besides the name you usually go by now (PolygonX8 in my case), did you ever go by any others? One I used to go by...

...Onevidkid.

At the time I used that, I would get into fights on AOL's message boards. One person I can remember was somebody by the name of "UHHH" or somethign similar on the SMRPG board. I was giving tips on how to do consecutively timed jumps to help others obtain the Attack Scarf or Super Suit. I stated to perform it on one of the ant enemies, being easiest for me. UHHH interjected that he did 62 on a goomba. Being as I was at that age, I got angry at him for some reason and an argument of posts began. Somebody else jumped in and he overused the word "moron" so much it wasn't even funny. I only reached 97 jumps too. Ah well.

If you actually knew who the hell that was back then, you'd probably find it hard to believe I'm that same person, being that I'm a lot more literate now.

Let's see what I've done with that name with the immature behavior I had then...

<Ben> You always used about 50 exclamation points!!!!!!

icon_lol.gif

- Angered people in chat rooms
- Fought on message boards
- Angered many people on a Perfect Dark over somethign so ridiculously stupid *
- Submitted glitches to an awesome glitch site (some as PolygonX8 too I believe):
http://kontek.net/davidwonn/
- Submitted tricks and other various crap to N64CC which no longer exists.
- Submitted MIDIs to SM128C:
http://www.sm128c.com/

* - During the days when PD was popular, there was a tournament on the internet. The leader of it had a name so close to my alternate at the tiem it was strange (PolygonX8 was the rare alternate of mine during the time, regardless of how old it was)... ParagonX9. He held a world record of 9 seconds on the level "The Duel". I wondered what'd happen if I said I got 8 seconds. People flipped out and made a big deal of it. "Paragon was beaten?!" Quite amusing, then I used my excuse of a friend got it.

Did he really get 8 seconds? Did I have 9? F*** no. icon_wink.gif My best is 11, truthfully. I find it funny how illiterate I was back then, and how much of a fuss these people made over one little record.
Then, I found a lost topic on it recently thanks to Ben's help. I was laughing at how many people called it either "BS" or called me an idiot. Especially one member who thinks people who lie for amusement are stupid, when it's actually his short-temper that annoys me. icon_biggrin.gif

Ah... the days. Do you remember that name by any chance? Maybe you do...

...so, how about you? Any past names or a bad history with one?

EDIT: My post count may not be leet, but it sure is zeet (2337)!

#2 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 06 October 2004 - 11:35 PM

I used to go as LinkthePaladin, till a friend of mine registered link3505, and gave it to me, and I've used it ever since. I do have one other SN I go by, but I don't use it much any more; RelicForm

#3 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 06 October 2004 - 11:47 PM

Well, I used ot go by Hero_Link, and now I am Hero Link. I am debating on whether I should change it to Excel. I think it's kind of a cool nick. Nice history PolygonX8, or should I say Onevidkid.

#4 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 06 October 2004 - 11:51 PM

I used to go by "benmw02190", "Blastoise4", and "InvdrZIM10". Back as benmw02190 I was more of an idiot than I was as Blastoise4 and InvdrZIM10. I was actually an asshole. icon_sweat.gif

I'm debating on whether or not I should start going by "Omega-Rev" in #PureZC. I was originally going to go by "GameOver", but Omega-Rev is an anagram of GameOver, and sounds cooler. icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, and happy zeet. icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Ben, 06 October 2004 - 11:52 PM.

#5 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 October 2004 - 02:22 AM

Another History in my names...

I was at first known as Terminator Brown. At other times, the Grims Reaper and Knives Edge (coinsedence?). Then, here I am with my current name, Hunter P.

#6 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 07 October 2004 - 10:13 AM

Do I even need to say it?

#7 Espilan

Espilan

Peahat.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 October 2004 - 10:44 AM

Back when I was first introduced to IRC, I went by one name, and one name only: BluKirby. Of course, I only went to one chat then, and as I started going to others, I had to pick different names to keep people from confusing me for various other people. By that point, EvEspil was my usual name (though I sometimes used VampiricBob).

After getting tired of the EvEspil name, I went and stuck myself with what most people know me as now: Espilan. Depending on where you find me, I may be using this name, or possibly Ivan Enari, Duelist Ivan, Vertiusan, or en3.

#8 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 07 October 2004 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE(JoshSim @ Oct 7 2004, 11:13 AM)
Do I even need to say it?

... For some odd reason, I'm tempted to say "say it, don't spray it".

And besides, a lot of newer members probably don't know anything about your past screennames. So.. uh... there. icon_razz.gif

Yeah, I mainly included that last line to keep this post from seeming like spam. icon_rolleyes.gif

#9 CrystalBlade

CrystalBlade

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 07 October 2004 - 10:48 AM

I once used to go by "Dr. Chaos" and "FlamingPikachu".

#10 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 07 October 2004 - 02:18 PM

Lets see.. JBuzzyBrad... DarkClaw... DarkClaw24, Godsmacker0228 (duh), and grobdeathcube. As far as history, that last on has some. The name was born when my family and I were going down to Florida to see my grandparents (this was shortly before I joined PureZC). On the way through Indiana we passed a building. First, you need to have seen Star Trek, and know that the alien race "Borg" fly in huge cubes roughly 100 times the size of a normal space ship. While passing through Indiana, there was a large, cube-shaped building that said GROB on top. icon_lol.gif My friend then suggested I start using that, and my AIM s/n was born. icon_smile.gif So anyone who has talked to me on AIM and wondered what I was on when I created that, I was on I-75 going to Florida icon_razz.gif.

#11 Dr. Mutagen

Dr. Mutagen

Even in the future, nothing works!

• Members

Posted 07 October 2004 - 02:26 PM

Here's my list of past s/n's. It's not very long, but it's a list nonetheless.

CyberCurt84
Neon Ninjafox 84
DJ Fractal
Zoidberg84
Dr. Mutagen

Edited by Dr. Mutagen, 07 October 2004 - 02:28 PM.

#12 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 09 October 2004 - 09:00 PM

All of my alternate screen names are in the future. ... I mean, ... I don't have any "past" screen names other than Britannianhero4, which was my original internet online screen name, corresponding to my original E-mail address.

Therefore, "BH4" is a derivation of BritannianHero4. .. is all.

#13 Jaivaz

Jaivaz

God of Death

• Banned

Posted 09 October 2004 - 09:04 PM

Jaivaz867. Nuff said.

#14 HydraPheetz

HydraPheetz

pwhoar

• Members

Posted 09 October 2004 - 09:07 PM

I'm sure a lot of you remember me by SnoBall. But there's a story behind why I now use HydraPheetz.

You see, sometimes I would disconnect from IRC for no reason (and I had no part in it), so I chose the alternate nickname DeathZephyr (the only one I could come up with in a pinch). WildBill came up with HydraPheetz (kudos to j00, WildBill) which happens to be an anagram of DeathZephyr, and the rest, as they say, is history. icon_smile.gif

#15 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 09 October 2004 - 09:10 PM

The strange thing is, I actually remember DeathZephyr: The name. What is odd, is that I rarely attend chat. icon_heh.gif

I wonder what the future will hold for the person currently known as BH4. icon_rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users