Gale Blade

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 13 June 2020 - 12:49 PM

hello everyone i would like to ask a item script request and a ffc script for this one that would be compatible with this item.

First i would like to request a item that i would call it the "Gale Blade". The thing is simple: The function would be similiar to the Flare Sword except there's whirlwinds instead. When the player use is sword, only one whirlwind would appears and the whirlwind would be projected like the sword beam except there's a differance: The whirlwind won't hurt enemies (unless the enemy had it weakness against it if it's possible) but the enemy would make a 'immobile jump' when touched and then be stuned for a few seconds (if it's possible). Of course darknut would be immunised against the whirlwind but they would move backward for a few second. 
When the player make a Spin Attack 4 whirlwinds would appears and 4 other some seconds later and thoses would be projected in all 8 directions. I was thinking that the blade would be sorta a remplacement of the Deku Leaf (since it's so broken and possibly outdated since then.) for some puzzles for example. Like for example with the whirlwind ether you could lit off torchs, or you could 

As for the ffc, i was simply thinking about something like "Gale Blade Trigger". The function is simple: Placing a ffc where a switch (solid combo) is for example for making it a switch that would be only activated by the whirlwind from the Gale Blade. D0 would determine if the secret trigger would be permanent or not. Of course i was thinking about a torch version like "Gale Blade Torch Trigger" wich that instead to trigger a switch when the whirlwind touch the torch, the whirlwind would have a fire on it and lit other torch nearby if the torch is lit off. In the same time the torch that was hit by the whirlwind would lit off and can be lit again with a fire item. That would prove very useful for certain puzzles. But i try to figure out how to make a lit off torch combo as a fire trigger everytime the torch is lit off. I've already tried with the combo cycle when i was trying to making a timer puzzle that would lit off a switch once the timer is off and would be trigged again to reset the timer infinitely. 

Anyway i think that's all. 

#2 SparksTheUnicorn

SparksTheUnicorn

Lonk, Hero of Lime

• Members

Posted 15 June 2020 - 12:46 PM

I actually already have a script for something similar to this! I set it up with some options, and have been using it in my quest. The whirlwinds it creates can have a number effects depending on enemy attributes too. one such option is actually throwing them up into the air (much like the leaf).

As for the triggers, you honestly don't need any script or ffc for that, just a custom Combo. If you set the combo type to generic, you can use the combo editor to make a combo switch to the previous combo when hit by any weapon type of your choosing (including wind, reflected stuff, and even script weapons), just use that in combination with combo cycling and your good, thats what I did.

Anyway, if you want I could edit the script a bit to do something closer to what you seem to be looking for if you want. Now that exams are over and the semester is done, I should have a lot more free time.:)

• Bagu likes this

#3 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 16 June 2020 - 06:31 PM

Sure :) thanks alot ^^ oh and any case you can make a example quest ? Just to see how the setting works and all 

#4 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 20 June 2020 - 08:53 PM

The example quest would be to help me to see how to set everything up with the script. 

#5 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 05 August 2020 - 03:35 AM

I actually already have a script for something similar to this! I set it up with some options, and have been using it in my quest. The whirlwinds it creates can have a number effects depending on enemy attributes too. one such option is actually throwing them up into the air (much like the leaf).

As for the triggers, you honestly don't need any script or ffc for that, just a custom Combo. If you set the combo type to generic, you can use the combo editor to make a combo switch to the previous combo when hit by any weapon type of your choosing (including wind, reflected stuff, and even script weapons), just use that in combination with combo cycling and your good, thats what I did.

Anyway, if you want I could edit the script a bit to do something closer to what you seem to be looking for if you want. Now that exams are over and the semester is done, I should have a lot more free time. :)

Hey, where can I find your script?
...I'd really love to use it in my quest, too.

Edited by Bagu, 05 August 2020 - 03:36 AM.

#6 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 10 August 2020 - 08:24 PM

I'm not sure ^^' it may be not ready yet since i've made the post but he maybe can give ya the script if he's here. 

• Bagu likes this

#7 SparksTheUnicorn

SparksTheUnicorn

Lonk, Hero of Lime

• Members

Posted 21 August 2020 - 01:09 PM

yeah hey, sorry, I have run into some issues with it I am just trying to smooth out, plus I have been on vacation for a bit from work and this, but I will be coming back soon. Once I do, this will be the first thing on my list, it shouldn't be to long, sorry for the wait. 

• Bagu likes this

#8 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 23 August 2020 - 04:26 PM

Hey no problem about that don't worry 'bout that there's no harms done. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users