Passive Aggressive

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

Who here uses it, or has had it used on them? I definitely work with it sometimes, as it kind of goes hand-in-hand with sarcasm.

#2 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

Passive aggressiveness is immensely annoying, and people who tend to be passive aggressive are hard to get along with - well, at least for me. I rarely use it, but when I do, it's strictly in jest.

#3 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

I really can't stand when people are passive aggressive. Just come out and tell me how you really feel. But I guess if you like it, that's cool, or whatever.

#4 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

I really can't stand when people are passive aggressive. Just come out and tell me how you really feel. But I guess if you like it, that's cool, or whatever.

It really is a double-edged sword lol. I only use it when I'm being sarcastic, because they really are two sides of the same coin.

#5 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

What is passive agressive? I kind of like the rhyme. I'm not sure if I ever used it or not though

Edited by Avataro, 08 May 2013 - 10:56 AM.

#6 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

What is passive agressive? I kind of like the rhyme. I'm not sure if I ever used it or not though

Copied from dictionary.com

pas·sive-ag·gres·sive
/ˈpæsPosted ImageɪvPosted ImageəˈgrɛsPosted Imageɪv/ [pas-iv-uh-gres-iv] adjective

denoting or pertaining to a personality type or behavior marked by the expression of negative emotions in passive, indirect ways, as through manipulation or noncooperation: a passive-aggressive employee who often misses deadlines.

Edited by Lineas, 08 May 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#7 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

The part in bold in my own quote was passive-aggressive, for reference. :D

#8 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

Or when your girlfriend/wife/mistress tells you, "Go ahead, do whatever you want." WARNING: THAT IS NOT PERMISSION, IT IS A CHALLENGE! ABORT MISSION! ABORT!
  • DCEnygma, Russ, Avaro and 2 others like this

#9 Jubbz

Jubbz

Balls Deep

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

I only get Passive agressive when I'm extremely pissed off, but feel its utterly pointless to say what I feel due to lack of any benefit from it.

Edited by Jubbz, 08 May 2013 - 07:03 PM.

#10 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

I can get really passive agressive, sometimes, usually when being just agressive would be very, very bad for my health.

#11 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

How do I feel about this thread? Well, I'm not disappointed. :P
  • Dawnlight and Evan20000 like this

#12 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

How do I feel about this thread? Well, I'm not disappointed. :P

But even if you are being sarcastic...why is it a bad thread o.o. It's just discussion lol.

#13 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

Passive aggression is arguably the most annoying thing that people do. It's a solid way of avoiding actual issues, harboring hatred and discouraging personal growth and responsibility. I never tolerate that shit when people use it on me.
  • Rambly, Tree and Ventus like this

#14 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

Passive aggression is arguably the most annoying thing that people do. It's a solid way of avoiding actual issues, harboring hatred and discouraging personal growth and responsibility. I never tolerate that shit when people use it on me.

Amen.
  • Ventus likes this

#15 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

I find passive aggression to be a sign of immaturity. Maybe that's a bit of a generalization, but if you've already gone through high school and you're still posting vague Facebook status updates about your ex or subtweeting about a friend who annoyed you knowing full well that they will see it, and you're doing so simply because you don't want to approach the problem yourself or you want them to see it and make them "realize they hurt you" or feel bad...Then, as nice of a person as I'm sure you are, that's silly and you should learn how to communicate like a real person. And if you're one of those people who thinks it's good to say "it's fine" and use an excessive amount of periods to try and communicate that it's really not fine, then that's awesome..............................................

EDIT: For the record, this isn't directed at anyone specifically. That would kind of be defeating the point. Haha.
  • Rambly and DCEnygma like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users