Roman Grecos

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:55 PM

Hey there. Are you feeling musically deprived of truly awesome music that makes you feel like swaying your hips back and fowards thrusting your arms up in the air as your feet do things you never imagined? Well then look no further, as here I present you with my band, the Roman Grecos. We play ska, which hasn't been cool since 97', but that's besides the point. These are all recorded in our drummers basement, with errors scattered all over the place, but I'd like to think you can get a nice feel for the sound of it from these recordings. Black Heart and Cute Waitress Girl are actually songs I wrote, so I feel a little accomplished there.

Roman Grecos

LISTEN. ENJOY. Comments and critiques welcome.

#2 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:58 AM

I can't believe that no one has commented on these. Black Heart Emily is awesome, despite the quality of the recording...any downloads for those without a purevolume account?

#3 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:24 PM

The originals are pretty good actually.
Obviously the levels aren't amazing, but I'm guessing you knew that already.

Can't say I'm too keen on your version of Hotel California though.

Are you Scouts?

#4 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:35 PM

I listened to all three songs. Your two songs are very good. The Hotel California cover is not bad either. While it isn't my #1 genre of music, I grew up on some of that music (the Mighty Mighty Bosstones comes to mind first), and it's usually enjoyable.

As for the band name, that is pretty genius.

#5 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE(T. Platinum @ Feb 1 2009, 11:58 AM) View Post
...any downloads for those without a purevolume account?
PureVolume accounts are free; and on a side note, it doesn't matter if you're a member or not: If the band doesn't want you to download their songs, then nobody can. Simple.

Threw another fan your way in the form of me, Lemon. icon_heh.gif

#6 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Feb 1 2009, 01:24 PM) View Post

The originals are pretty good actually.
Obviously the levels aren't amazing, but I'm guessing you knew that already.

Can't say I'm too keen on your version of Hotel California though.
Are you Scouts?

That's a pity, as Hotel California is probably the most fun to play.

I'm not a scout, but the previous members all were.

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Feb 1 2009, 02:47 PM) View Post

PureVolume accounts are free; and on a side note, it doesn't matter if you're a member or not: If the band doesn't want you to download their songs, then nobody can. Simple.

Threw another fan your way in the form of me, Lemon. icon_heh.gif

Yeap. We'll probably throw some more covers online for free download, but I think you can actually pay something like $20 and have stuff posted onto iTunes and such. I'm not sure if anyone would pay $1 for a song, but $5 for like 10 might be cool. We're not ready by any means to actually put out any solid music, these are just demo recordings from practices.

At the moment we're entering a statewide high-school band competition. Last years winners were probably better musicians than us, but they sound very generic. We were planning on having Cute Waitress Girl + Hotel California + On Fire Tonight (not posted yet, as we're still fine tuning if you can call it that). After these comments though I'll throw the idea out there of replacing Hotel with Black Heart.

Thanks for the feedback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users