Photo

Screenshot of the Week 231

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 231 (53 member(s) have cast votes)

Here are this weeks contestants!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 06 October 2008 - 12:18 PM

It seems I'm winning. Wow, that really has me by surprise. Thanks for the compliments and criticism, everyone! icon_biggrin.gif
Now, I'll offer some criticism to this weeks shots.

TheMasterSwordsman
It seems very blank, but has some potential. I would add some more detail to the ground, and some ripples in the water.

Sephiroth
It seems pretty empty, to me. I'd add some more enemies, and more solid objects. The floor seems a little repetitive.

Naldrag
This screen seems pretty empty to me, and too symmetrical, despite being a throne room. I would make the room less square, and add some objects to the ground, like torches, rather than all of them being on the wall.

Linkus
Very nice custom graphics. It all looks very good, but the screen itself feels pretty empty. Maybe some rocks on the path, and the grass? Flowers? Still, the custom work is very nicely done.

CastChaos
This screen seems to very busy. A little too busy for a still-shot. It seems a little akward, though I'm sure it looks better when it's animated. I just had a hard time putting things together.

Now to adress some questions;
QUOTE(Russ @ Oct 5 2008, 10:09 PM) View Post

Also, blaman, I noticed the timer at the top. How much time do you get to beat the quest?

I'm not sure yet. I'll have to see how fast I'll be able to go through it, and add some time (since not everyone will know where everything is.) Trust me, though, it'll be a different kind of quest. icon_wink.gif

QUOTE(Twilight_Knight @ Oct 6 2008, 09:14 AM) View Post

This means you stopped Legends or Romia or such? Please don't I like that quest.

No, of course not. LoRII is my major project, and I've got a few projects I'll tackle when I'm not working on LoRII. This is one of them. They're much much smaller, mainly to help me get the flow back whenever I feel creativly blocked.

Edited by blaman, 06 October 2008 - 12:32 PM.

#17 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:23 PM

Definitely not a strong showing this week. I will explain:
TheMasterSwordsman: 6/10
It has a neat design that wasn't perfected enough. The trees are placed oddly- I've found that placing Oracle/LA trees directly north or south of one another always looks bad, so I'd suggest against that. As I said, the design is pretty cool, but the details are nonexistant, like someone cleared all the trees off of the cliff and painted the ground brownish-yellow.
Sephiroth: 5/10
Neat graphics, but the design is basic at best and the details are repetitive, giving the entire screen a bland and uneventful feeling. Caves should never have straight walls that go on for as long as yours did, it throws off the natural, carved by earth feeling.
Naldrag: 4/10
It's symmetrical and bland in both design and detail.
Linkus: 8/10
This could've been perfect. I'll admit the design isn't spectacular, but the level of awesome in those graphics more than makes up for it. All I ask is that you throw in a few NPC's or action. It's not like you don't have a few lying around that would fit well into the style, icon_unsettled.gif Fifteen minutes of work would've made this screen spectacular.
CastChaos:7/10
The screen is absolute sensory overload. I tried to look at one thing, only to hurt my brain because of all the other details. I'll assume the red stuff is blood?
blaman: 8/10
Good screen. The details flow and there wasn't one area I thought needed significant improvement. The palette isn't very good, though- I'd say go for much less contrast.

I threw my vote behind Linkus, but only because the graphics and design are good enough to get by without action.

#18 Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt

Wizard

• Members

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Oct 6 2008, 11:23 PM) View Post

blaman: 8/10
...The palette isn't very good, though- I'd say go for much less contrast.

This is what I was going to suggest. Aside from the palette issue, blaman's was my favorite screen this week and gets my vote.

#19 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 07 October 2008 - 08:27 AM

I vote for Cast Chaos Nice Screen detail.

#20 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:44 PM

Blaman's layout is the most interesting. The others are too plain, though Linkus's graphics are very nice and I like the shadows. So, my vote goes to Blaman.

#21 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 October 2008 - 03:03 PM

TheMasterSwordsman [0] ** [0.00%]
Sephiroth [1] ** [2.17%]
Naldrag [0] ** [0.00%]
Linkus [19] ** [41.30%]
CastChaos [4] ** [8.70%]
blaman [22] ** [47.83%]
Total Votes: 46

This week's winner is blaman! Congrats on the win! icon_smile.gif

I don't have enough shots yet. So I will wait for more shots to post SotW 232.

#22 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 12 October 2008 - 03:10 PM

Sent one in Shoelace. icon_wink.gif

Congrats blaman on the win as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users