Photo

Screenshot of the Week 231

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 231 (53 member(s) have cast votes)

Here are this weeks contestants!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:01 PM

TheMasterSwordsman
IPB Image
And if you look to your left, you will see WATER.

Sephiroth
IPB Image
Link sees a Rupoor! What is he gonna do now?

Naldrag
IPB Image
Link confronting the demon king, Ganon.

Linkus
IPB Image

CastChaos
IPB Image
When the world was on the verge of swallowed by light... wait, what?

blaman
IPB Image
So Link, you think you can prevent the fall of Hyrule? Let's see you try...

#2 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:13 PM

It all looks so great! Here are my reviews...

TheMasterSwordsman - Blah. You suck. icon_teehee.gif

Sephiroth - Seems a bit blank, could use more enemies to add to it.

Naldrag - Good concept, but detail could have been better. Try one of those Pure set "grating" tiles that look like those mesh fences you see at schools.

Linkus - No real action going on here, could use a bit of detail somewhere mid-screen. Nice trees, though.

CastChaos - Not too shabby, though the palette choice and enemy choice could have been better.

blaman - I'm lovin' that Newfirst! The only turnoff is the grayscale palette. Nicely pulled off, though.

#3 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:22 PM

WOW icon_eek.gif . These are really great shots this week.
My vote goes to blaman. Those shades of grey are AWESOME! Is this somehow related to Majora's Mask?
CastChaos and Linkus would get my second place vote (if that option was available...)

#4 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:37 PM

Wow, Linkus's shot is awesome! I wish I could draw that good...

#5 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:40 PM

Oh man great I could null but i go for linu

orry for miproper pelling my eyborad$ bro)e

#6 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:40 PM

I have to go with blaman this week.

TMS - Nice shot but add more ground and water detail. 6/10

Sephiroth - Nice Cave Design but add some cave objects as well as some action. It looks too empty. 6/10

Naldrag - Too basic as a Pure Shot. 6/10

Linkus - Yeah it's great in terms of prettiness and design but like Sephiroth's and Naldrag's shots, there's no action and it looks too empty. 8/10

CastChaos - You put WAY too much detail into your screen that it completely destroys the design. The bottom portion of your screen is way too straight. Also, your use of color is so unbalanced. Work on design. 5/10

blaman - I really like this shot. It may mot have that WoW factor but it still got my vote for me. Plus I like that countdown idea icon_smile.gif. 8/10

#7 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:56 PM

No offense to anyone, but it seems like Blaman is the only one who actually put effort into this week.

#8 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:10 PM

Hmm... Well none of them are 'bad', but I think some more effort needs to be put into some of them.
TMS: It's Pure. icon_shrug.gif I personally never really liked Pure's mountain tiles, and it's too dark to see. Not your fault, but I think you should just... I dunno, use a better palette and get some new mountain tiles. Not bad though! icon_smile.gif
Sephiroth: I'm lovin' the MC graphics, and the subscreen rocks too, but the screen itself is just too empty! Put in some more enemies, put in some more details to make it a bit brighter, and it'll be perfect. icon_smile.gif
Naldrag: Basic shot with lava on both sides and Ganon standing in front of Link. Not bad, but there's nothing special about it. icon_confused.gif
Linkus: I love the custom tileset and palette! Excellent screen design, but like with Sephiroth's shot, it needs more stuff going on in it! some enemies on the screen would make it awesome. icon_smile.gif
CastChaos: Hmm... Well to be perfectly honest, I don't really like it. In your shot, there's too much going on at once! Just... Tone it down a bit, 'kay? icon_razz.gif And that grass-sand border on the bottom is too straight, too.
Blaman: Nice! I like the greyscale palette. icon_smile.gif You've used the GB mountains correctly, I see. And there's a good amount of detail on the ground. I'm also curious as to what those icons in the top-right are for. :-\ You get my vote.

Edited by Beta Link, 05 October 2008 - 10:10 PM.

#9 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 05 October 2008 - 11:09 PM

TMS: No complaints.
Sephiroth: It's got lots of floor detail, but it's too empty. Try adding some objects in there.
Naldrag: It's nothing I haven't seen in any other quest.
Linkus: I love it. Perfect.
CastChaos: It just feels to busy. There's too much going on. Not to mention Vaati's twice as tall as everybody else.
blaman: Perfect use of mountains! Nice work.

I can't decide between Linkus (awesome graphics) and blaman (awesome use of graphics). I'll decide it randomly...
blaman wins.

Also, blaman, I noticed the timer at the top. How much time do you get to beat the quest?

Edited by Russ, 05 October 2008 - 11:10 PM.

#10 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:43 AM

Wew... Oh boy...

TheMasterSwordsman

Nothing too wrong with this shot, it looks kinda bland, though.

Sephiroth

There is too much empty space, and not a whole lot of detail, save ground detail.

Naldrag

An alright looking room.

Linkus

Graphics are wonderful, however, the screenshot is very plain.

CastChaos

Whats going on in this shot? There are too many distractions, and its really hard to advert your eyes from everything else. It took me a few minutes to even see Vaati.

blaman

Very nice shot. Nothing too much wrong with it. Some tight spots, but, overall fantastic. Gray-scale makes it look all the more classy. *votes*

blaman has the best screen this time, in my humble opinion, the others are really bland, save CastChaos's who has a very chaotic screen.

#11 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 06 October 2008 - 05:19 AM

Too many boring shots this week. icon_frown.gif We need some more action here, guys.

TMS: Too empty. Where is everyone?

Sephiroth: Great subscreen and use of cave tiles, but still way too empty.

Naldrag: A pretty decent use of tiles to create a scene we've seen one too many times before.

Linkus: Incredibly pretty, but just about the most uneventful of the shots this week, which is the only reason another shot beat out your excellent graphical work.

CastChaos: Here's a shot that has completely the opposite problem of all the other shots. There's too much going on at once here... Maybe in a cut scene it'll look better, but as a screenshot I have no idea what goes where. This is partially because you use so many single-tile graphics.

and lastly...

blaman: Stylish and well-designed. I like the full greyscale, without the Gameboy/flashback-style sepia yellow tones we normally see. icon_smile.gif There may not be much in the way of new tiles here, but everything in it is used well and I get a feeling that Link is actually going somewhere. This gets my vote, because you definitely understand the point of a screenshot.

#12 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 06 October 2008 - 06:45 AM

I voted for Linkus. Those 3-D like graphics remind me of some of Noel's graphics. icon_ohmy.gif

#13 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:16 AM

I voted for blaman it looks nobody else cared about this weeks screenshot of the wek icon_shrug.gif

Edited by drzchulo973, 06 October 2008 - 07:16 AM.

#14 hinsburg

hinsburg

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:41 AM

TheMasterSwordsman: I like the palette and the layout.

Sephiroth: The cave looks way too empty.

Naldrag: That's a good looking throne. Ganon has cool colors too. That's about it.

Linkus: Wow, that looks epic. It needs a tiny bit more detail and it would be perfect.

CastChaos: Cool, but it looks really crowded. Unlike Linkus and Sephiroth, this is too much detail.

Blaman: Just enough detail and a good layout.

Ooh... it's between Linkus and Blaman... I'll go with Linkus because I don't like the Link palette for Blaman's.

#15 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:14 AM

This week was a really hard decision...

TheMasterSwordsman: It's pretty good but it looks very empty.

Sephiroth: Empty and overuse of the floor details.

Naldrag: Nothing to special, it's not really pretty or such.

Linkus: The graphics are good, but the design sorta sucks. You got back into ZC? Nice.

CastChaos: The screen itself is good, but it's very crowded. I can't see everything so good this way, but it will probably look better in ZC. *vote*

Blaman: It's my second choice. It's not a real outstanding shot and it seems like you want to win by making Pure on greyscale. It's good though. This means you stopped Legends or Romia or such? Please don't I like that quest.

So CastChaos it is. I could have gone for Blaman but it's a little boring in my opinion. Your "field" screens I do like though, Blaman. So adventurous...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users