Photo

Link and Zelda: Panoply of Calatia

• Please log in to reply
428 replies to this topic

#61 captainbozo

captainbozo

• Members

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:43 PM

I've been pacing in circles forever in Marui, and the solution to this puzzle escapes me...

Spoiler

#62 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:57 PM

Does anyone know how to break the barrier at the top of the tower of Seline?

Spoiler

I've been pacing in circles forever in Marui, and the solution to this puzzle escapes me...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Dimentio, 30 December 2016 - 11:58 PM.

#63 captainbozo

captainbozo

• Members

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:08 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by captainbozo, 31 December 2016 - 12:14 AM.

#64 Dockside2012

Dockside2012

• Members

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:33 AM

Spoiler

I had a lot of trouble with this myself, but eventually I figured it out. First, have Link stay at the switch surrounded by the blue-colored blocks. Then, with Zelda alone, travel to the room just south of this room. The switch in the bottom right corner lowers the north wall. To get to the switch, push the block all the way south on the same row of the switch. Then whatever column that block is on, stand one column left of it and play the song that summons a whirlwind; if you haven't learned it, you can learn it by reading a sign at the same area of the bomb shop located a little bit northwest of the same town you found your sword. The whirlwind should travel south. Use it to warp to the left side of the block and push it to the switch. Always remember, those blocks that look like the ones surrounding the key in your screenshot, blocks EVERYTHING INCLUDING WHIRLWINDS!

#65 ML1014

ML1014

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 31 December 2016 - 02:56 AM

Ok, I finished the bottom half of Seline. I'm at the top of the tower and went into the right eye. But I can't advance past that first room. Is there a way to lower the water or am I missing something else?

#66 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:27 AM

Ok, I finished the bottom half of Seline. I'm at the top of the tower and went into the right eye. But I can't advance past that first room. Is there a way to lower the water or am I missing something else?

Spoiler

#67 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:51 AM

Okay, so, on Calatia 031, what's the point of that little array of  pits and ladders in the corner there leading downward?

Then, where is the song of Winds, anyway.

#68 Monkey D. Ganon

Monkey D. Ganon

• Members

Posted 31 December 2016 - 08:52 AM

Hi!

I am in Hyrule right now and the old woman of the Zelda temple tells me that "Link is in the tower".

Does she refer to the Tower of Seline or the Zelda temple of Hyrule where the old woman is ?

(I don't know where I can find Link again...)

• ShadowTiger likes this

#69 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:35 AM

Hi!

I am in Hyrule right now and the old woman of the Zelda temple tells me that "Link is in the tower".

Does she refer to the Tower of Seline or the Zelda temple of Hyrule where the old woman is ?

(I don't know where I can find Link again...)

Check the original starting palace from Z2.

#70 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 31 December 2016 - 10:52 AM

Does anyone know how to break the barrier at the top of the tower of Seline?

Specifically, you have to...

Spoiler

...EXCEPT NOW THE LADDER WORKS? I tried that a bunch... groan.

Aw man, the ladder sensitivity goofed up? I'm sorry. I think you usually need to be right up against the wall with the ladder when you place it.. such are the hazards of a manually-placed ladder, I suppose. Still, I probably should've scripted it's sensitivity a little better somehow. : (

and play the song that summons a whirlwind;

...part of the joy of this quest for me is that people can keep finding solutions different than the ones I had in mind. You have made me happy : ) My method was:

Spoiler

...when I put it that way it sounds pretty complicated, though.

Is there a way to lower the water or am I missing something else?

It sounds like you're missing the item from...

Spoiler

Okay, so, on Calatia 031, what's the point of that little array of  pits and ladders in the corner there leading downward?

That's actually just scenery that I never thought through all that well and didn't make good use of for a puzzle, and nobody asked about until now. The idea was...

Spoiler

Then, where is the song of Winds, anyway.

It's behind the big rock by the bomb shop (use a superbomb on the rock to read the sign).

the old woman of the Zelda temple tells me that "Link is in the tower".

Oh, that is a confusing way I phrased that. You want to keep exploring that same temple, which is known as the "North Palace". As Alucard says, it's the starting location from Zelda II.

Edited by Mitsukara, 31 December 2016 - 10:54 AM.

• Monkey D. Ganon likes this

#71 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 31 December 2016 - 10:56 AM

Aha, thanks for that.  I got that Song of Winds on my first playthrough, but didn't think anything of it at first and forgot to get it again on my second when using the right version.

I don't suppose that's how you bypass the second from the top leftmost screen in the "Right Eye" is it?  the one with the lava on the floor and the single pushable block in the upper right corner of the screen?

EDIT:  Nah, I put a block of Somaria into the lava, then threw a ladder down there and jumped off of that.

#72 naal

naal

• Members

Posted 31 December 2016 - 11:59 AM

I Need help in Miyahon? I have the big key, flute and the shooter. I'm missing the map, compass, and probably something else.

#73 ML1014

ML1014

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 31 December 2016 - 01:35 PM

Excellent quest! Love the creativity! The challenge level is fair. There are a few times when I've gotten frustrated and almost wanted to quit but it's too addicting! lol. The puzzles are a bit mysterious sometimes but never TOO frustrating...maybe I haven't gotten far enough yet...ha!  And away we goooo.....

#74 Mitsukara

Mitsukara

Ara?

• Members

Posted 31 December 2016 - 02:13 PM

I am submitting a small "version 1.1" update to the quest. It should be up once it has been approved.

This update should work properly with old save files, if you switch out the new quest file for the old one. However, I do recommend making a backup copy of zc.sav and the old version of the quest just in case I'm mistaken.

The main Support Pack file has not been updated, so you don't need to get it again. However, you can find a couple of slightly-updated files for it in this Support Pack patch.
(It's just one extra seashell location, and some updated scripts.)

The quest update has two very minor postgame additions (no significant content has been added):

Spoiler

The following bugs are fixed:

• Bomb flowers no longer do so much damage to Link (when set off on the ground by weapons), which previously could result in early game insta-death. They also insta-kill Girubokku as intended now.
  • It is not possible to leave the Spikes of Doom bonus area by continuing from the final room (such as if you've completed it, or died during the last portion). You can re-enter it afterwards, but only from the intro sequence.
  • The experience-altering, sound effect-making debug features in the seashell mansion have been turned off. (If you want to cheat to gain levels near-instantly, you can still use the LAZDEBUG mode, or warp to the post-game area early with level 4 cheats.)
  • Removed an additional debug feature that let you level up anywhere in the world by holding Ex2, Ex3, and Ex4 at the same time.
  • Fixed the non-appearing seashell Alucard noticed.
  • Fixed the text box positions on the guard in Caragonne and Impa's message at the end of Miyahon, which were in the opposite high/low positions from what I intended.

The following bugs are not fixed:

• Possible ZC crash during "Wavy screen" visual effects on some computers (this is a ZC 2.50.2 bug that will be fixed for future releases by the ZC developers). However, there may also be something else undetermined wrong with the "Prelude of Light" warp song besides the wavy effect? Saving your game before using the Prelude of Light song is advised.
  • Wrong combo solidity bugs (these are in 2.50.3RC1 and some other betas, but do not occur in 2.50.2 or the more recent betas; this was due to a ZScript change backwards compatibility issue that has since been fixed by the ZC developers.)
  • A bug one player encountered with continuing on the wrong screen in Marui palace (one screen north of the main entrance), because I have been unable to recreate or determine the cause of that bug. Sorry!
  • Possible higher lag than most ZC quests (my Global Script is very long and busy, and inefficient in some ways). More likely to occur on older computers like mine. Especially with high numbers of enemies/weapons on the screen.
  • If Link is charging his sword in certain rooms that reset on a timer, his sword may remain in place, detached from him. (This is a ZC bug with the "Sprites Carry Over During Warps" feature, that may be fixed in future versions.)
  • Possible "rainbow death crashes" as encountered by NewJourneysFire during his video of the LaZPoC Expo demo (these are a ZC bug on certain computers that have a small chance of occurring in many different quests, and I don't know what the current developer status on it is. It might be fixed in future ZC versions, because I think I heard something about it having to do with outdated Allegro software that they were trying to update to a newer version of Allegro? But I'm not sure. I've never encountered the bug, so I think it depends on particular computer systems.)
  • The Unira Boss may appear to react to bombs, but it's defense settings are to block bombs. This appears to be some kind of ZC bug I'm not sure how to fix.

The following are either things I don't consider bugs, or deliberately chose to leave the same:

• Tunkrads are only vulnerable to the front, and only from arrows and a few other weapons.
  • Every weird thing documented in the "Item Trickery" and exploit guides, as those are all deliberate or semi-deliberate.
  • The raft music will continue playing on land if you F6 while on the raft, until you get off the raft normally. (I kinda like this bug, so I left it in.)
  • The town music in Calatia will continue playing in the rest of the overworld if you manage to leave the town in an unusual way. (Ditto.)
  • 7 Grand Dad Mode may play the regular Hyrule music after a certain story event, temporarily, instead of it's special Mario music. (Likewise, the general sketchiness of 7 Grand Dad mode is unchanged.)
  • Mickey and Minnie change size a little bit during the ambush cutscene.
  • Error mode is error.

Now, to answer some questions:

I Need help in Miyahon? I have the big key, flute and the shooter. I'm missing the map, compass, and probably something else.

The map is in the room that's...

Spoiler

The compass is in the room with the...
Spoiler

You also need to find Sprite the Fairy, who is basically the other 'item' of the dungeon. To do that...
Spoiler

And away we goooo.....

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it : ) It does get pretty rough at the end though, in the final dungeon. I put a bunch of explanations for that dungeon (and a few for others) in the Secret Guides section of the Support Pack, just in case anyone starts to feel like ragequitting in the eleventh hour.

Edited by Mitsukara, 31 December 2016 - 02:45 PM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#75 Aussie Riolu

Aussie Riolu

• Members

Posted 31 December 2016 - 11:55 PM

So the Soejima boss. I dropped the Armos that's outside the dungeon but it didn't drop into the boss room, instead in a room where it has no use. Unless there's another I'm not finding. Also how to I hit this switch? The beetle doesn't go far enough.

cxE4nAy.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users