Photo

PM Reports, Staff Ranks, Promotions! (Applications Closed)

Hiring Rules Changes Promotions

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

I've got a lot of stuff to cover with this announcement.

Reporting Private Conversations (PMs)

First off, there has been a change to our policy regarding PMs since we recently became aware of a new feature in IPB that lets us take them more seriously. Reported PMs will now be treated just as seriously as any other topic. We couldn't do this before since it was impossible to verify if a conversation actually happened or not.

This section has been added to the rules to explain it in more detail:

Note about reporting PMs: If you are reporting a private conversation (PM), please keep in mind that you are also sending a conversation invite to the staff. This means that staff members capable of viewing the report (global moderators and above in this case) can enter the conversation if they find it necessary and they will be listed as conversation participants. This is almost the equivalent of going to "Add" under Invite Participants and adding some staff members from there.

While the staff will keep everything in the private conversation confidential, you should still carefully consider whether you want the staff to become involved with an existing private conversation in a staff capacity or not. Once it is reported, almost everything within the private conversation can potentially be subjected to the rules similar to a normal thread. However, don't let this discourage you from reporting things if there is a serious issue you want the staff to help out with.

Changes to PureZC Staff Ranks

Next, we have changed the staff ranks around a bit in order to both spread some staff out into the database and to better utilize our staff in general.

PureZCStaffRanks.png

A few things worth noting that are not noted in the image above:

• Forum Assistant and Database Assistant are trial positions that new staff members are placed in for evaluation. After a certain amount of time, staff members in these positions will be evaluated to see if they should either be promoted or retired based on their performance.
  • Forum Assistants and Database Assistants are only hired based on vacancies in Forum Moderators or Database Staff. So it's quite possible we will have 0 people in these two trial ranks at times.
  • We're mainly switching up the way moderators work because we've found ourselves in a situation where we have been wasting staff members. Given the relatively small size of the community, it doesn't really make much sense to keep stressing specialized mods and trying to maintain a balance of who handles what forums. There are other reasons for us considering this shift, but I think this is the main one

I'm probably forgetting things, so feel free to ask questions if something doesn't make sense here.

Firing People Promotions!

Congratulations to DCEnygma (formerly Godsmacker), Russ, and Evan20000 for being promoted to Forum Moderators (essentially Global Moderators)! Also congratulations to ShadowTiger and nicklegends for being promoted to Database Staff! They all have definitely deserved this for a long time. :)

We're hiring! Applications Closed! Thank you to everyone that applied!

It's around that time again: we're looking for fresh meat to join the PureZC staff team. We are looking for both people to help with the site and people to help with the forums.

Forum Assistants will be responsible for moderating the general forums and the ZC forums.

Database Assistants will be responsible for moderating site comments, help threads, and such (basically the "posts" of the site).

Both positions need to be familiar with PureZC's rules since you will be monitoring the community to make sure the rules are upheld (within reason). You should also be prepared to be a helpful member of the community and you should definitely be prepared to remain civil in heated situations (even if the other party can't see you).

To apply for a position on the staff, create a new thread in the Staff Dropbox with the title "<Your Username Here>: Staff Application."

Your application can be done however you like, but please state which position you would prefer if there is an opening for both positions. We are currently only hiring 1 Database Assistant at this time since the database doesn't get as much activity as the forums, so we will be giving more priority to hiring multiple forum assistants. So if you want the best chance for being part of the staff in general, you should be prepared for either position. But don't be discouraged from trying for a Database Assistant position since you could very well be the 1 person to get it (at least until there are more openings in the future).

Applications will be open for 1 week at a minimum (July 5th). After that, it will depend on how many applications we have as to whether it will last longer than that. Once applications close, it will probably take us a few days to figure out who to hire.

---

If you have an questions about anything in this thread, feel free to ask them. Also, once again congratulations to all the people that were promoted! :)

#2 Tabletpillow

Tabletpillow

Hi

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

How old do you have to be to become a forum or database assistant?

#3 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

literally a baby. no older than that. you literally have to be a baby irl

• Hergiswi likes this

#4 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

Age isn't all that much of a factor since we've had some pretty young staff members in the past. It basically comes down to how active you are in the community and how confident the staff are that you are going to be able to perform the job.

#5 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

Like Nick said, physical age is hardly relevant. It's mostly about the decisions you make with how you conduct yourself and your ability at defusing conflict.

Also, regal purple name! Woo!

#6 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

Well congratulations to the staff that has been promoted they really do deserve it. :)

And It'll be quite interesting to see if we get any new staff, the more the merrier.   

#7 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:46 PM

Congrats to DCEnygma, Russ, ShadowTiger, and nicklegends for the promotions.

And congrats to Evan for being banned. What? He wasn't banned? Dammit! I guess congrats to him too or something...

• Evan20000 likes this

#8 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:48 AM

Congrats to the lot of you! I've seen the work you guys put in and you definitely deserve it.

Except that Evan guy, he's an asshole.

• Magi_Hero, SpikeReynolds, Moosh and 1 other like this

#9 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

I went on ahead and applied. I'd love to help out in any way I can.

#10 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

Well congrats to everyone (evan included) on the promotions, and best of luck to anyone applying. May the best neckbeard win :tard:

#11 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:05 PM

Applications are now closed!

I'd like to thank everyone that applied. We really appreciate all of the people that have stepped up wanting to help out. :)

It will take us a few days to sort out who we will be hiring. Everyone that applied will be contacted once we have figured it out, so no one should be left hanging. We'll hopefully be welcoming some new staff members soon!

#12 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

Curious to see who the new staff will be! Also Congratz Evan, you deserve it. And ShadowTiger.. Who could forget Shadow Tiger. Russ, DC and nicklegends as well. Congratz guys!

:D Now please don't read the PM I send once a year. jk! :nerd:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hiring, Rules, Changes, Promotions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users