For the Car Drivers

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

Can you drive a car? If so, what do you drive? Do you own it? If you have driven more than one car, what else have you driven? Also if you wish, share any interesting driving experiences you have had.

As for me, I drive a 2007 Toyota Yaris, which I have owned for 5 years now. I bought it brand new, and just finished my financing for it. Still drives as great as it drove when it was new. Previous to that, I owned and drove a 1991 Toyota Corolla, which I owned for 8 years, and managed to sell off for just $400. It was also 8 years old when I bought it used. It still drove well before I sold it, but it needed a lot of work, and was rusted in many places. Prior to that, for the first couple of years of driving experience, I had to borrow one of my parents' cars.

I don't have any really interesting driving experiences, but the longest trip I ever made in my car was my trip to Boston, MA a few summers back, although I was with my two brothers on the trip, so we all shared the driving duty. I also avoided driving within the city, because the street layouts and many drivers there scared the shit out of me. Lots of crazy drivers there.

#2 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:38 AM

I have a black 2011 Ford Ranger sport model. Although I don't have a drivers license I do drive. I'm not sure how much I still owe on it but I put $10,000 down.

#3 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

Wow, you had some good money saved up there Daniel. I put $4000 down on my car when I started.

#4 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

1993 Buick LeSabre custom. Got it for 1200 and it had 110,000 on it. Before that I had a 1992 Chevy Lumina (Nicknamed the Angrymobile because it idled at 15 miles an hour.)

#5 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

I have a 07 Chevy Colorado pickup that I've been paying the bank for since 08. I put $5,000 down and ended up only paying $211 a month for it. My insurance used to be higher but now it's about $148 monthly.

#6 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

I have my G1 (lets me drive with a licensed driver in the vehicle), but failed my driving test (I swear I didnt crash or anything. :B) so I dont have a G2 (which would let me drive on my own between certain times) yet. :S Honestly Im not in a bih hurry to get driving - the busing here is sufficient for what I nees. Though it would be nice to have the ability to drive myself around for out of town trips. X3

#7 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Legend

• Site Creator

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

IPB Image

I've got a 2004 Mercedes-Benz E320. Bought it gently used almost 2 years ago now. Paid in full up front by wire transfer. Flew out to Florida and drove it home to Texas.

#8 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE(Wild Bill @ Aug 13 2012, 01:58 PM) View Post

IPB Image

I've got a 2004 Mercedes-Benz E320. Bought it gently used almost 2 years ago now. Paid in full up front by wire transfer.

</thread>

(I drive a dark blue 2007 Honda CR-V; it's my first car, inherited it from my parents. Gets me in with the soccer moms. icon_naughty.gif )

#9 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:03 PM

Don't own my own car yet. If I need to go somewhere, I just drive one of the family cars.

#10 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

WildBill's car was used and still likely cost double what my truck is worth.

D:

#11 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE(Wild Bill @ Aug 13 2012, 12:58 PM) View Post

IPB Image

I've got a 2004 Mercedes-Benz E320. Bought it gently used almost 2 years ago now. Paid in full up front by wire transfer. Flew out to Florida and drove it home to Texas.

I like the license plate. Mine starts with "BJ" and ends with "69" but yours still wins.

#12 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE(Daniel @ Aug 13 2012, 12:38 PM) View Post

I have a black 2011 Ford Ranger sport model. Although I don't have a drivers license I do drive. I'm not sure how much I still owe on it but I put $10,000 down.

If you ever have to make a copy of that key for the Ranger, do a bit of research first. I tried to copy a chipkey from a 2007 Ford Ranger, and it needed two original copies first, not just one. Not talking about the FOB.

Oh right. My family currently has an '06 Ford Taurus, had a 1992 Ford Taurus, a 2000 Ford Taurus, (Yep. Ford Taurus.) and we now have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata.

#13 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

My dad had a copy of his key (a 2006 F-150) and only needed one. I figured the ignitions were the same in all Fords. He had it made at the dealership he got it from though maybe that has something to do with it.

#14 Chris Miller

Chris Miller

The Dark Man

• Banned

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

I own a 1994 Chevrolet Suburban, and I've had it for about three years now.
My first vehicle was a 1985 Chevrolet 1/2-ton Silverado, which I bought used in 1993. I lost an impromptu (i.e. he was taking his half of the road out of the middle) game of chicken with a Geo in 2004 and smashed it into a drainage pipe. icon_frown.gif
Then I got a 1984 Chevy Suburban, which the previous owner had done some rednecking on the engine. It threw a rod through the side of the block. Rather than risk finding out whatever else he did to it, I got myself a 1980 Chevy Blazer next. That was a real beauty, in almost showroom shape, and it had A/C that would freeze your ass. When I found out my mother was selling her 1994 Suburban to buy an old Cadillac, I sold my Blazer and paid her asking price. That truck has a lot of sentimental value.

Edited by Chris Miller, 13 August 2012 - 09:44 PM.

#15 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

I learned how to drive 3 years ago and then never got my license. Now I can legally drink but can't legally drive. I think I'm doing it wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users