Derisory Substance Pruning

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:03 AM

At the end of April, DS will be pruned to 30 days. This essentially means that topics posted before April will be deleted from the forum. During this time, you can request that any particular thread be moved to the Public Archives. Obviously, only topics that are enjoyed by a lot of people, or has some sort of community-wide appeal will be kept. Basically, we aren't going to preserve a topic that only one person posted in. icon_razz.gif Feel free to make as many requests as you like, but please find the url of it first and post it in this topic. Last time this happened, people gave vague descriptions of topics they wanted saved, and well... it's really difficult for us to go and find those topics. icon_heh.gif

I would also like to call attention to this announcement saying that the Twilight Princess and Nintendo Wii topics will be unpinned and moved to the archives at the end of the month as well.

#2 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:47 AM

That's probably a good idea, actually. The last time I checked, there were 103 pages of DS. Pruning it sounds nice. Does that count pinned threads?

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 19 April 2007 - 10:23 AM

Yeah, I guess pruning it isn't a bad idea, really. As for me, there's not really a thread I'd like to be saved for the Archives, but there are a few I'm saving just for myself.

Oh, yeah, and unpinning those topics was a good idea. I mean, it's been a few months, so, like, they're not that special anymore...

#4 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 19 April 2007 - 10:47 AM

I'm all for the pruning. I'd personally like to see the original oats topic "If oat were a verb" archived.

EDIT: I'll get that url.

EDIT2: http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=17764

Edited by Koopa, 19 April 2007 - 10:54 AM.

#5 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 19 April 2007 - 11:56 AM

Eeh, what the heck. I'll throw one out there. icon_razz.gif

http://www.purezc.co...o...ic=24586

It's the "Ganondorf let himself go..." topic. icon_blah.gif May as well! icon_xd.gif

Anyways, so, if the old DS topics are getting deleted, does that mean, when I go to my profile and click Find member's posts, those posts I made in the old DS topics won't be there anymore?

#6 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 19 April 2007 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Apr 19 2007, 11:56 AM) View Post

Anyways, so, if the old DS topics are getting deleted, does that mean, when I go to my profile and click Find member's posts, those posts I made in the old DS topics won't be there anymore?

No, they won't be shown, or at least I don't think so. It's deleted entirely in the forum's eyes. The forum's post count will probably drop as well. icon_wink.gif

#7 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE(LinktheMaster @ Apr 19 2007, 02:48 PM) View Post

No, they won't be shown, or at least I don't think so. It's deleted entirely in the forum's eyes. The forum's post count will probably drop as well. icon_wink.gif

Ah, well. It's not important anyway. icon_razz.gif I'm just 5 DS posts away from 744, and I was going to freak out Sharon Daniel. icon_razz.gif

So, yeah, I'm going to have to go save some of those DS topics for myself. They're not really worth archiving, but I want to save them anyway.

Thanks, LtM. icon_biggrin.gif

#8 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE(LinktheMaster @ Apr 19 2007, 11:48 AM) View Post

Mmm, yeah. Forum's post count will drop for sure.

Post count of individual members will not, however (fyi to the obsessed).

#9 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:14 PM

I am not at all concerned about the total forum post count. After all, like individual post counts, it is only a number, and says nothing about post quality or how good a community is.

DS pruning of old topics is long overdue, and I am confident to say that it should occur more periodically than it used to.

#10 soundlyParanoid

soundlyParanoid

History / Lit Geek

• Members

Posted 20 April 2007 - 07:28 PM

I nominate these two topics for archiving.

http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=21317

http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=21279

#11 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE(Koopa)

Accepted.

QUOTE(The Satellite)

Accepted.

QUOTE(Michael)

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure if that holds enough community value to be saved. icon_unsettled.gif

#12 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 21 April 2007 - 10:43 AM

Cool. Ganondorf is saved!!!! icon_deformed.gif

No, I didn't mean saving my post count if the DS topics are deleted. I meant the posts themselves. You know, when you go to someone's profile, click Profile Options, then Find member's posts, which then takes every post you made in every forum, and lists them altogether. I'm really not concerned about the DS Post Count; I just wanted to know if the posts themselves will still be there, but, according to LtM, they're not. Ah, oh well. icon_shrug.gif

#13 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:44 AM

These topics are awesome.

http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=21056

http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=21423

This topic gives a good lesson on why people shouldn't be serious in DS.

http://www.purezc.co...o...=23071&st=0

#14 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE(Siguy @ Apr 21 2007, 11:44 AM) View Post

Answers in bold. I rejected the two because again, I don't think they had enough community value. icon_shrug.gif

#15 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:57 PM

DS has finally been pruned.

Oh, and I just checked. All of my DS posts before April are indeed gone, when I click "Find Member's Posts" in my profile, besides the 10,000 Post Countdown (which I am still the self-proclaimed official moderator of icon_razz.gif)

Well, there's always a time to start over...

Weird. Originally, there were 108 pages in the DS forum, with the oldest being from October (I think) of 2004. Now, it's been pruned, and there are 17 pages still. That's alot of DS April topics. icon_rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users