Photo

Many Questions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Omtegu

Omtegu

• Members

Posted 29 May 2023 - 09:45 AM

How does the warp whistle warp points work? It doesn't work for me.

The raft never works and never lets me select it while playing.

How would I make it so you can talk to a zora enemy?

How do push blocks work?

I have played the first zelda and many others, and is there a way to make some sceens play as Zelda 2 Screens?

Edit: How do I make a block hookshotable?

Edited by Omtegu, 29 May 2023 - 09:59 AM.

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 May 2023 - 03:34 PM

Okay, so I can answer all of these questions, but I also wanna refer you to Nick and LTM's ZC tutorial. It's a bit out of date at this point, but it should help with the basics. Now, to answer your questions...

Warp whistle points: you'll wanna go to Quest->Misc Data->Warp Rings, and edit the first one in the list. The whistle will only warp you to a point if you have the corresponding triforce piece.

Raft: The raft is a passive item, rather than an active, so you can't select. It'll only start moving if you walk onto a dock combo, and if raft flags are placed over the water.

Talking to a zora: This one is by far the most complex. The easiest answer is "Use a script," though if you're using 2.55, a signpost combo may work. Either way, I'd really recommend getting the basics down before jumping on this one.

Push blocks: You simply have to put one of the push flags on top of a solid combo. If the combo type is "Push, wait", it won't move until enemies are dead. The type of push flag determines how it moves (vertically, horizontally, or all directions, and if it can only be pushed once or repeatedly). If the flag says trigger, secrets will trigger when the block is pushed.

Zelda 2: Yes, go into the screen data (Press F9 or Screen->Screen Data), and check "Sideview Gravity" under room type.

Hookshottable block: Make the block's combo type "Hookshot Grab".

• Hergiswi and Twilight Knight like this

#3 Omtegu

Omtegu

• Members

Posted 31 May 2023 - 05:39 PM

Thanks, only issue is I cannot switch layers for some reason. which I believe would be useful for bush secrets and push blocks, only other issue is for some reason, when I have a raft or ladder, if I am near water and swap screens to a screen with no offplaced water or land (I Cannot walk onto water), Link will randomly start going on water and walking until Link runs into a floor tile, but that causes him to turn, until he runs into a dock

#4 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 28 June 2023 - 03:42 PM

Which version of Zelda Quest are you using, friend?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users