Yuurei

Rating: 4.8/5 (24 ratings)
Photo

Yuurei Discussion and Bug Reports

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

Poll: Yuurei Runs

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Which character(s) did you play?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What difficulties did you play?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Did you play as any of the post-game "special" characters?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:59 PM

In a quest like Yeto's Quest or a quest by Freedom, I would see for these type of clues for sure =P Here, no, I was totally relaxed. The questmaker sets the mindset. I always think differently depending of the questmaker style (It's one of the reasons why I always go back to ZC and I like to try new questmakers)

• Aevin likes this

#122 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:05 AM

Done:

Spoiler

Great work

Edited by Air Luigi, 25 January 2017 - 12:06 AM.

• Aevin likes this

#123 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:42 AM

With some help from Russ, I managed to discover the fourth tier of secret unlockable characters in the game. Because they are supposed to be so secret, I'm not going to give you any hints, other than what Aevin mentioned here

• Russ and Aevin like this

#124 CimFighter

CimFighter

CimFam/Writer

• Members

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:15 AM

Hey guys it's me Michael formerly SoStaci/MermaidCim. I lost the login info for my account :( so I had to make a new one.

Im really stuck on this quest. Where do I find the fire and purple circle spells? I been feverishly looking for them everywhere. Im playing as Jandra and I cant find the boss to open the red blocks

#125 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:23 AM

To open the red blocks, you'll wanna head right from the start, to Hall of Watchers, get the Light spell from that area, and head into the Poison Corridor. From there, you need to head up (which requires a key, just sitting out in the open) to Hikoridoki. In that area, if you go south first to get two keys, then head north, you should be able to get a spell called Halt. Taking Halt back to Poison Corridor and going past the area's other lock block, there's a room where you can use Halt to slip by a flame trap. You'll get Poison there. Using Poison in the room near the bottom left of Poison Corridor will let you in to another dungeon. Defeating the boss there will open the red blocks. Alternatively, in Hikoridoki, if you go left from the screen with Halt, then up, you can get Thunder, which will also get you past that room (but it's guarded by pretty tough elementals). If the directions aren't clear enough, lemme know and I can clarify.

Regarding your old account, I can change your login information so you can get it back. Is it your password that you lost, or your email? I can change either one. Just PM the details.
  • CimFighter likes this

#126 CimFighter

CimFighter

CimFam/Writer

• Members

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:59 AM

To open the red blocks, you'll wanna head right from the start, to Hall of Watchers, get the Light spell from that area, and head into the Poison Corridor. From there, you need to head up (which requires a key, just sitting out in the open) to Hikoridoki. In that area, if you go south first to get two keys, then head north, you should be able to get a spell called Halt. Taking Halt back to Poison Corridor and going past the area's other lock block, there's a room where you can use Halt to slip by a flame trap. You'll get Poison there. Using Poison in the room near the bottom left of Poison Corridor will let you in to another dungeon. Defeating the boss there will open the red blocks. Alternatively, in Hikoridoki, if you go left from the screen with Halt, then up, you can get Thunder, which will also get you past that room (but it's guarded by pretty tough elementals). If the directions aren't clear enough, lemme know and I can clarify.

Regarding your old account, I can change your login information so you can get it back. Is it your password that you lost, or your email? I can change either one. Just PM the details.

zelda007.png

Okay well I see these green orbs and I dont know which spell opens them..

There's the same 4 green orbs in a rectangle pattern in Techno Zone I cant get past, and the Sky area is frustrating me like crazy.

also these

zelda008.png

Same orb  I think once I find the fire and purple spells I should be able to get through this :)

zelda009.png

Edited by CimFighter, 31 January 2017 - 12:07 PM.

#127 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:08 PM

Oh, THOSE blocks. Have you found Metal Blade yet? It's just right of the entrance to Phlegethon, though it requires a key you can find right and up from the entrance. Dropping a metal blade on each of the green switches in that top room will open the path.
  • CimFighter likes this

#128 CimFighter

CimFighter

CimFam/Writer

• Members

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:34 PM

It worked, tysm. I feel I got this now.

now about those 4 rectangular green orbs in techno zone....tried metal blade but didnt work :( (EDIT, I found it nvm) I got this

Edited by CimFighter, 31 January 2017 - 09:47 PM.

#129 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:15 AM

Very unique and fun quest so far.

Where should I be headed after the plant boss? I'm playing as Jack from the quiz btw.

#130 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:53 PM

Killing the plant boss has removed the thorns from the area it was in, opening up new pathways. You should explore these pathways next.

• Anthus likes this

#131 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:08 PM

Thanks. This quest is no slouch in difficulty either. I'm playing on relaxed after getting annoyed with normal :P

I plan on getting normal once I know the quest better.

#132 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:41 PM

This quest is definitely something else. I feel I'm about a 3rd or so into it, and I am enjoying it. I'm playing as Jack, as picked by the quiz. The new spells are unique and fun to use, and the enemy design is very fresh and original. This is a good quest cause it makes you wonder what is scripted, and what isn't. It blurs the line. I'm planning on making a full review at some point, but here are the highs so far:

• The Map system is really well done. I'd like to be able to see the actual screens, but kudos on getting a legit Super Metroid/ Castlevania map style going.
  • The music is really well picked. Each song fits the area, and adds to the mood created by the fully custom tileset (which is something you don't see a ton of).
  • This isn't really a point, but an observation; this quest is just oozing with effort. You can tell Aevin really put a lot of heart, and time into this.
  • The sand puzzles in Jupiter Ruins were really cool, and fun. I've never seen anything like that in ZC, and it was definitely a fun gimmick
  • The moving platforms in Stomach are also really cool. I've actually done something very similar, but without scripts, it is a lot of work to set up with combo cycling. Good job here.

I do have a few minor complaints though, so far, but it's nothing too serious. 

• This is a complete personal preference, and does not reflect on the quality of the quest at all, but I find all of the talking to be boring. Please, don't get the wrong idea though, it's not bad, I just don't care for so much dialogue in mah ZC. :P
  • Dying (which you will be doing a lot of) can set you back. Not too much, but the volume of death counts compacted by the rooms where you have to kill enemies again and again can really get old fast. This is the case in Z1, and in a lot of ZC quests, so I can understand, but it is still a minor annoyance.

I have a few questions for the creator of the quest. Do not feel obligated to answer any of these. :)

• What was your biggest inspiration for making Yuurei?
  • How long did the quest take to build, from the scripts, to the tileset, to the dialogue, to putting it all together?
  • What was the most challenging part of making this quest?
  • What part of making the quest did you enjoy the most?
  • Was there ever a point where you doubted finishing it? How did you overcome, if so?
  • How many different people actually worked on the Quest?
  • What does Yuurei even mean? :P
  • If you could have done anything differently, what would it be?
  • Sand-crocs. Why? WHY?!!?!?! (But it sure beats Like-likes with rope movement :blah:)
  • Would you be willing to post the entire game's map? (Privately, obviously, cause I'm a massive nerd for that kind of stuff. I wanna see how all the areas fit together. I don't blame you if you don't though, no pressure.)

All in all, some real good stuff here. Thanks for taking the time to answer any of these questions.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, I didn't even look.

• Aevin likes this

#133 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:12 PM

Oh boy, an interview! I'm glad that you're enjoying the quest, and I hope that you continue to have fun. Of course I'll answer the questions! It's not every day that people have so much of an interest in the making of the quest, so it's my pleasure. :)

Questions

I hope nothing in there came across as egocentric. Thanks so much for the interest. And thanks a lot for playing!

• Anthus and Shane like this

#134 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:10 AM

I hope nothing in there came across as egocentric. Thanks so much for the interest. And thanks a lot for playing!

Not at all, thank you for your answers. Thanks for sharing the map too. I don't really care about spoilers (but the map doesn't spoil the story anyway) so that will help me if I get stuck, or forget where a certain room was. ALBW shows you the entire game's overworld from the start, so I'm used to it lol  :)

Edit: Are the red blocks supposed to disappear after you fight the girl in Phlegethon?

Here is where I've been so far. I'm not sure exactly where to go cause there seems to be a dead end at each way I've gone.

Here are all of the spells I have so far:

I feel like I should be looking in Techno Zone, or the green area before Stomach, but I dunno. There's a blue tube I can't pass in Techno, and blue blocks I can't pass in the green area, and I can't seem to get very far into Stomach, but I see that there is another entrance. Thanks. :)

I found a new path in Lethe. I think I'm back on track.

#135 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:54 PM

I'm in the home stretch

Spoiler

EDIT: Is there any significance to the colors of the coins? Does it have to do with what kind of elemental upgrades you get upon collecting 10 of them?

• Aevin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users