Yuurei

Rating: 4.8/5 (24 ratings)
Photo

Yuurei Discussion and Bug Reports

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

Poll: Yuurei Runs

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Which character(s) did you play?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What difficulties did you play?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Did you play as any of the post-game "special" characters?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:29 PM

Did he load an older save after updating the quest file? This usually happens under those circumstances as a result of global variables getting shifted around and the map system not knowing how to react.

I hear a lot of buttons getting pressed, but if I wonder if he ever pressed the space bar or map button on his controller. With any luck, this is a map glitch and the map could be dismissed by pressing that button. But if it is the save file issue above, other scripts would break, too.

It's also possible that he saved with the map open, which would have kept it open when he reloaded and somehow resulted in it not getting populated by the right rooms. Again, hopefully pressing the map button would fix it, and his save would play normally from there. I'll try to put something in to dismiss the map on reload.

#92 Kapow

Kapow

Former Newbie

• Members

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:45 PM

Are the coin/life/magic counts supposed to be disabled on Relaxed mode, or did I find some weird bug?

Spoiler

#93 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:09 AM

That'd be "some weird bug," alright ... Seems like a lot of these are popping up suddenly. I dunno what the issue is here, but I'll look into it. Sorry for the trouble.

#94 Kapow

Kapow

Former Newbie

• Members

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:28 AM

Here's the save with the bug, slot 7: http://www.mediafire...x8jrox2zlssp5ri

The only thing I can think of is that shortly before I noticed it, I collected the 40th coin by standing on the spot where it appears as the last enemy was killed, in the room in Phlegethon left of the entrance. I don't know if the life/magic counters were working before that, though, I never looked at them. I also took a different route this playthrough, I did Styx (except the boss) before I even entered the Hall of Watchers. I don't think anything else was really different from the other 7 playthroughs I did (besides character and Relaxed mode), but this never happened before.

#95 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:48 AM

Nah, I figured it out. ZC has an "infinite item" field on counters, so that things like the magic key, infinite quivers and bomb bags, etc will give you infinite of that counter. Guess what all those counters had set as their infinite item? ;)

Anyway, it's fixed in the update I just posted, and it shouldn't harm your file to update.

#96 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:09 AM

And challenge run finished.

So, things I noticed: 

1. Clouds do not raise your hit counter if they grab you, and
2. Using the map allows you to regenerate health/magic if you have a boost in either, while still keeping you safe. It also disrupts the Sun God's attaks, or at least the flower design one.

I'm trying to see if I can get a run of the Sun Spirit without using the second exploit.

• Aevin likes this

#97 Kapow

Kapow

Former Newbie

• Members

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:04 PM

Anyway, it's fixed in the update I just posted, and it shouldn't harm your file to update.

It fixed the problem, but it isn't compatible with existing saves:

Spoiler

#98 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:08 PM

Oh, actually I can get you a solution there, please check your PMs. If anyone else has switched files midstream, PM me. New files shouldn't have any problem.

#99 Plutia

Plutia

CPU of Planeptune

• Members

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:43 PM

Spoiler

Edited by Plutia, 22 December 2016 - 11:44 PM.

• Evan20000, Aevin and Deedee like this

#100 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:03 AM

Spoiler

• Evan20000 likes this

#101 Kapow

Kapow

Former Newbie

• Members

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:57 AM

Found a bug in the new version, when you first find Naiya there's an orange key in the wall. You can't reach it and it disappears after you leave the room.

Spoiler

#102 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:14 PM

Wow, Kapow! Those keys just won't leave you alone, will they? ;)

I know just what caused it. An easy fix.

Basically, I've been tampering with some structural stuff, including creating a few new items. Apparently some of them were used for other purposes already. Thanks for the catch!

#103 Kapow

Kapow

Former Newbie

• Members

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:32 PM

The last update, or maybe the one before it, seems to have broken Shadow Magnet's ability to break dark element blocks. They just absorb the shot and then a little light flickers at the top of the room. It stills works on dark orbs, though.

#104 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:41 PM

I'm apparently incapable of putting out an update without breaking everything ...

Thanks for the report. I'll look into it.

Edit: Apparently ZC judges some (but not all!) item triggers based on you possessing an item of that level. I removed what I thought was an extraneous item, causing dark triggers to no longer work.

I updated a fixed version which should be fine for new files. If you're switching mid-stream, PM me and I'll give you instructions to fix it. Sorry for any trouble.

#105 Kapow

Kapow

Former Newbie

• Members

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:14 PM

It doesn't affect gameplay, but the item Seine/Loire get from Rhone isn't showing up on the pause screen. I noticed something like that a couple updates ago when trying to replay an old save, but I just confirmed it also happens on fresh saves from the latest version.

While I'm bringing up minor bugs, the L3 (pink) Fake-O-Lantern does 0 damage, including its flames. And the bottom-left room in Hall of Watchers (with the water switches) is still the wrong color on the in-game map (should be red instead of purple), it looks like it's part of Phlegethon.

Another odd thing, if you save while underground the save game icon changes to the one for the yuurei characters, and when you reload you're still underground for a moment before going back to normal. Not sure that one's worth fixing, it's just a temporary effect.

Edit: One more thing, if you're doing the Speed Challenge and your damage bonus goes negative, it shows both the plus and minus signs, like "+-1".

Edited by Kapow, 31 December 2016 - 06:11 PM.

• Aevin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users