music

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Parsnip

Parsnip

Parsnip

• Members

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:01 PM

Hey everyone! So since I am bored right now I decided to make a topic. Recently I have been listening to a lot of Nirvana and folk-ish bands like Mumford and Sons, Lumineers, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, and other bands like that. So what kind of music do you all listen to?

#2 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:03 PM

Mostly stuff from decades ago, and video game music. I cannot stand most modern music.

• thepsynergist and Anthus like this

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:13 PM

I like music that's good. I'm open-minded to anything really. Though, video game music has the most charm for me.

• thepsynergist and Jenny like this

#4 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:13 PM

Video game music is definitely up there for me. I also do like Techno and Electronic, especially from places like Newgrounds. That site surprisingly has some really awesome song artists like Env, Holyyeah, ParagonX9, NightKilla (or Rukkus) and a couple others.

#5 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:24 PM

I listen to a wide variety of music. I listen to a lot of classic rock, and blues based stuff. I listen to a decent amount of electronic video game music, particularly chip tunes as of late. I like some new artists, but I find it hard to get into most new acts cause no one has the staying power anymore. Do you think the Weeknd will be relevant in three more years? No. So why should I care :P

Random Artists/ Bands I like, in no particular order:

The Rolling Stones

David Bowie

The Black Keys

U2

Nirvana

Ween (bonus points if you know these guys)

The Beatles

The Killers

Faith No More

Spoon

Beck

Jack White (and the Raconteurs, one of his other bands)

Lady Gaga

Styx

Led Zeppelin

• thepsynergist likes this

#6 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:44 PM

I'm open to most genres. Haven't quite got a taste for more 'hardcore' metal or dubstep, though; never heard a song in those styles that I ever wanted to hear again. But I do feel like people should try to not judge an entire era because of a few good bands or a few bad bands. Not everything that came from the 50s was amazing (some of The Beatles' work is awful) and not everything today is made by Iggy Azalea or Justin Bieber, nor is all of it found on a top 40 station.

Anyway, some of my favorite bands are...

The Megas
The Protomen
Beulah
Zolof the Rock and Roll Destroyer
Plumtree
Birthday Massacre
Heidevolk
Queen
No More Kings
Tegan and Sara
Gaelic Storm
Simon and Garfunkel

My girlfriend also loves Florence + the Machine and Bats for Lashes so I guess I could say I like them a lot too. :P
  • Anthus likes this

#7 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:03 PM

The music/bands I've been most drawn to are:

Pink Floyd

Arcade Fire

Fleet Foxes

Grizzly Bear

Warpaint

Radiohead

Bonobo

Not exclusively what I listen to, but what I listen to most of the time these days. I mostly like classic rock, some indie music, and occasionally electronic music. I usually steer clear of EDM and hip-hop though.

My favorite kind of song is complex with many different parts and sections, I love really long build-ups, and I absolutely love long synth/organ solos. My favorite example of this the first half of Shine on you Crazy Diamond by Pink Floyd.

I'm usually open to new music, great music is being written every day, and I would love to find more. There's a band/musician I found maybe a year or two ago from Israel that is still relatively unknown and I enjoy their music quite a bit. I'm referring to Eyal Amir and Project RNL, they play prog rock/jazz fusion and you can find the songs they've done on youtube.

• Anthus likes this

#8 Golden Guardian

Golden Guardian

• Members

Posted 26 January 2016 - 09:47 PM

In most scenarios, I like music that has no lyrics. I listen to classical music as well as video game/movie OSTs and remixes all the time, but I rarely grow attached to music with lyrics. Rarely. Doesn't mean I never listen to songs with lyrics. I just rarely do. 

#9 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:41 AM

I'm a rock guy, for the most part. Being a guitar player, I love good, unique guitar work. I'm into a little bit of everything from early 60's rock to modern death metal. 

Some of my favorite bands include Alter Bridge, Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree, King's X, Demon Hunter, and Slipknot.

#10 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 29 January 2016 - 03:17 AM

Artists:

The Advantage

Arvo Pärt

Makeup and Vanity Set

Mega Ran

The Megas

The Protomen

Super Soul Bros.

Urizen

Albums:

Children of the Sun / 21st Century Man / Children of the Sun... Revisited (Album Trilogy by Billy Thorpe)

East of Eden's Gate (Billy Thorpe)

Tangier (Billy Thorpe)

Chiptuned Rockman

The Neverhood (Game Soundtrack)

Sonic CD (Game Soundtrack)

Earthworm Jim: Special Edition (PC Game Soundtrack)

Vectorman Arrange Album

Assorted film and video game soundtracks, a very select few rock/pop songs, and various standards by artists such as Diana Krall, Jimmy Durante and Shirley Bassey

Edited by Cukeman, 29 January 2016 - 03:17 AM.

• SpikeReynolds likes this

#11 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:59 AM

Albums:

Children of the Sun / 21st Century Man / Children of the Sun... Revisited (Album Trilogy by Billy Thorpe)

East of Eden's Gate (Billy Thorpe)

Tangier (Billy Thorpe)

Chiptuned Rockman

The Neverhood (Game Soundtrack)

Sonic CD (Game Soundtrack)

Earthworm Jim: Special Edition (PC Game Soundtrack)

Vectorman Arrange Album

Are we talking the US or the EU/JAP version of Sonic CD? I know a lot of people are huge fans of both. I love the US version myself.

#12 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 29 January 2016 - 12:20 PM

The US version is more to my personal taste as well

• SpikeReynolds likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: music

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users