Photo

Screenshot of the Week 160

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 160 (58 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:26 PM

Billy Ronald: Looks better than some of your previous stuff, but there is still more room for improvement. I don't find it at all interesting.

Dorian: Not too bad for the limitations of a classic style shot, but you have some tough competition.

Sharon Daniel: I don't think it is all that bad. While I am not fond of those mountains, the design helps you out of some extent, so I think it is okay.

Linkus: I love those tiles, most especially the see through water. The design is good, but with the bridge dominating the shot, there is not too much else you can do with the focus of the rest of it. I wonder what the screen would look like with a slightly smaller bridge that is slightly less elevated from the water, if that is at all possible with those tiles.

DarkFlameWolf: Not the best tiles out of the five screenshots, but what you do with them is excellent. For a simple shot in concept, it looks very natural for something in ZC, which always takes artistic talent.

Linkus wins on tile choice, but DarkFlameWolf wins on design. Design is my ultimate tie breaker, so I choose DarkFlameWolf.

#32 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:33 PM

Voted for SD. New look, and there's actually something going on.

Linkus, what are you doing man! This would've been a GREAT shot if you took the time to put Link and something else in it! Zquest screenshots are terrible.

#33 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE(NoeL @ May 1 2007, 08:33 PM) View Post

Voted for SD. New look, and there's actually something going on.

Linkus, what are you doing man! This would've been a GREAT shot if you took the time to put Link and something else in it! Zquest screenshots are terrible.

Well, I have to disagree, the shot looks like an in game screenshot with the screen data "No subscreen" and Link is probably invisible somewhere in there.

You do have to give Linkus credit though, the graphics are really nice. If I'm not mistaken, probably most of these shots were rush shots so we could get SotW running on time, I'm sure Linkus will have a nice Link sprite by the next time he enters, won't you Linkus? icon_thumbsup.gif

#34 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:15 PM

Well, I have to disagree, the shot looks like an in game screenshot with the screen data "No subscreen" and Link is probably invisible somewhere in there.

But the point is that the subscreen, Link, and any enemies/NPCs are still absent, so it doesn't look like a gameplay shot at all. Linkus' screen looks like a simple showcase of his custom bridge tiles.

#35 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 03 May 2007 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE(Sharon Daniel @ May 1 2007, 08:15 PM) View Post

But the point is that the subscreen, Link, and any enemies/NPCs are still absent, so it doesn't look like a gameplay shot at all. Linkus' screen looks like a simple showcase of his custom bridge tiles.

Well, that's his choice. This is' Screenshot of the Week', not 'Quest-In-Action Screenshot of the Week'

#36 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 05 May 2007 - 08:17 PM

Linkus wins this week with that (VERY) uber bridge

Two shots twords 161, so I need at least one more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users