Cadence of Hyrule

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:27 PM

Looks like Nintendo handed the keys to Hyrule over...Coming this spring!

• Deedee likes this

#2 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 31 March 2019 - 08:50 PM

To be honest it doesn't seem like my kind of game, I'll certainly give it a try of course. I own every Zelda game including rereleases so naturally I'll buy it no matter what. 

#3 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 June 2019 - 02:01 PM

Not my kind of game either, but I'd love to rip and use these tiles in Zelda Classic, haha!

#4 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:44 PM

I've never played Crypt of the NecroDancer, but I was interested in this when it was announced. Still haven't played NecroDancer, decided I'd be better off trying the spinoff and seeing if it'd make me at all interested in the original. I played a bit of it today, beat the first boss... and I'm enjoying it. I was at first dying a lot while trying to get the hang of the system, and was definitely getting frustrated... but once I eased into things, I'm having quite a bit of fun. Still not quite there in terms of mastering the controls, but it's so far definitely worth the purchase. It's basically a classic Zelda game with rhythm-based controls.

• Anthus likes this

#5 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:29 AM

Beat it today... and it said my run took 29 hours. That's kind of impossible, so I'm thinking it has a similar bug to Xenoblade 2: Suspending the game via home menu causes the in-game clock to keep running, even though the actual system log only keeps tracks of time spent in the game itself. If I had to guess, I was probably closer to ten hours, and a fair bit of that was adjusting to the control scheme in the beginning; I imagine NecroDancer vets will have a much better time starting off.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun! I admit I think $25 is a tad bit steep, but I imagine they're banking on people replaying it often. Seems like the map keeps the same general layout and landmarks but randomized screen layouts and item locations between runs. I might try another run later on, but I'd also like to get 100% on the main file first. That, and Bloodstained comes out soon...

#6 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 22 June 2019 - 02:57 PM

Not my kind of game either, but I'd love to rip and use these tiles in Zelda Classic, haha!

It was (possibly still is) on sale for $3.99 so of course I got it.  I have yet to play it at all though but I had to get it while it was so cheap. I absolutely would not have have purchased a digital game at over $20.  I heard on a podcast that you can turn off the whole moving to the beat thing which if true temps me a bit more to play it. 

#7 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 22 June 2019 - 04:08 PM

Clarifying because that post was confusing: The original Crypt of the NecroDancer on Steam was on sale for $4, but no longer is. Cadence of Hyrule hasn't been on sale yet; a $25 game going on sale for $4 a week after release is not the smartest business model. :P

#8 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 22 June 2019 - 05:37 PM

Clarifying because that post was confusing: The original Crypt of the NecroDancer on Steam was on sale for $4, but no longer is. Cadence of Hyrule hasn't been on sale yet; a $25 game going on sale for $4 a week after release is not the smartest business model. :P

No I got an email from Nintendo. It was $4 in the E-shop on Switch, which is where I got it. I believe it was the day after E3.

Edit: Okay I got my switch out and checked. It was Crypt of the Necrophiliac not Cadence if Hyrule.

Okay so it still stands I won’t be getting Cadence of Hyrule unless it’s a physical release.

Edited by Daniel, 22 June 2019 - 05:48 PM.

#9 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 June 2019 - 06:56 PM

Game is amazing. The music is beautiful, the game is hard, the story is good, I don't know what more you could ask for!

#10 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 23 June 2019 - 12:44 AM

No I got an email from Nintendo. It was $4 in the E-shop on Switch, which is where I got it. I believe it was the day after E3.

Edit: Okay I got my switch out and checked. It was Crypt of the Necrophiliac not Cadence if Hyrule.

Okay so it still stands I won’t be getting Cadence of Hyrule unless it’s a physical release.

Apparently turning off the dancing to the beat mechanic, does a lot more than you might think. The gameplay is afaik overhauled to be more like Castle of the Winds, Dungeonmans, .NetHack etc.

#11 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 23 June 2019 - 02:18 AM

I'm almost finished with a second run of the game. One thing that impressed me was just how many cool items there were. Every time I thought I'd seen it all, something new popped up to surprise me. I never thought I'd be a fan of a rhythm-based game, but the music's great and there's a lot of fun to be had.

#12 Espilan

Espilan

Peahat.

• Members

Posted 23 June 2019 - 03:03 AM

I picked this game up as soon as it was out and nobody was surprised. I've already gone through a few runs, and personally think that among the playable trio, Zelda's far and away the best one to play as.

And imagine my surprise and joy at discovering that this game brought back Dairas. Dairas!

The bosses are all A+. A little on the easy side once you get used to their gimmicks, but you have to respect the

Spoiler

Also,

Spoiler

Edited by Espilan, 23 June 2019 - 03:06 AM.

• Jared likes this

#13 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 June 2019 - 09:14 AM

The folks over at the Spriter's Resource have started ripping most sprites:

https://www.spriters...elegendofzelda/

Who's up to compile them for Zelda Classic? :lol:

#14 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 23 June 2019 - 12:32 PM

I Have seen some Videos of it The Soundtrack is Great but im Still have no Exactly Idea How The Tact Function Work :D

#15 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 23 June 2019 - 09:35 PM

I got this last week, and you know how people say "Easy to pick up, hard to master."? Well, this is hard to pick up, and even harder to master. Like TS, I spent a lot of time dying, and getting used to the controls, and rhythm mechanic. I started a file as Zelda, then started a new one as Link, and got way better stuff so I kept going with it. I beat the four dungeons, and am combing the world for secrets before finishing up the thing. I can see myself replaying this a lot.

Spoiler

I'd say it's worth it if you Like Zelda, cause other than the controls, it does play a lot like a real zelda with some random, and roguelike elements, so I can see it being popular here :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users