Photo

[Announcement] Bermuda's new main project!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Migokalle

Migokalle

Weeeeeeee!!

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:12 AM

Hey guys! We're doing some changes around here. First off: Mirror of the Moon is no longer our main project. Its future has not been decided yet, but for now we're gonna focus on another project. Some of you already know this, but it might also come as a surprise to most of you...

Allow me to present TBP's new main project:
IPB Image
I always heard the phoenix rises from the ashes, but I didn't think they meant literally.

Alright, so some of you might be a little confused right now. This is understandable. For those of you who haven't been around the last few years; I used to work on a quest called The Hylian Phoenix, along with my friends, Joe123, Nicklegends, Nuvo and Plissken. Since then, that idea has evolved into what you today know as Inferno, but at the same time, Inferno has evolved into something that no longer resembles the original Zelda fan-game very much.

Me and Supindahood has lately been sharing some ideas around a smaller version of THP, made in a colorized version of the MotM-tileset. What you see above, is the result of that. This THP is going to be a lot smaller than the original. I don't even remember the full amount of dungeons we originally had planned, but it was somewhere around 18-19. That's too much.

So today's The Hylian Phoenix will have 3 main dungeons, along with possibly a final 4th. As I'm sure you can understand, we're not all done when it comes to planning, but the idea is that we'll get this thing done quickly. I want to get it out of my system, and I think it's time Bermuda actually did something other than post progress-shots from projects that has nothing to do with ZC.

Anyway, I have places to be, but we'll be back with more very soon. If anyone has any questions, I'd love to answer them! Bring em on!

#2 Shane

Shane

Hookshot Grab Combo

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

Don't worry about the lack of dungeons, what matters most (I'm sure already you know icon_razz.gif) is the quality. Question, will the story change slightly due to it being more simpler? I have a strong feeling the answer will be a yes. I personally can understand that if so, you don't always have to need a full fledged story for a quest to be awesome. Especially knowing your (and Supindahood's (and I assume the team from MotM are also working on this?)) talents will make this quest will be amazing with or without a in-depth storyline. icon_smile.gif

Good luck, this is starting to look amazing already. icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Shane, 17 November 2012 - 08:26 AM.

#3 Adem

Adem

Comedian Pokémon

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

I actually think I will prefer this more condensed version of the game. I might actually have a chance to finish it. icon_blah.gif Of course, the tileset looks fantastic. I look forward to seeing updates!

#4 Supindahood

Supindahood

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

Just dropping by to inform you about the new project and why:

Since MotM is coded with some custom ZC engine, it will not happen in ZC unless blue_knight returns, and he hasn't been seen online since April.

Echoes of Aurelia is still being worked on as usual.

And to have a ZC project, we decided to make tHP. Pretty small size of a quest using resources that we still have from MotM along with new custom sprites.

#5 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

cool. it needed to happen. here's to completion.

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

Yay. I'm excited. I always loved THP, and was actually kinda sad when it turned into Inferno and left ZC. So a few questions. What made you decide to switch from the old super-DoR-on-steroids to the MotM tileset? How similar is the new THP going to be to the old one (for example, is it still gonna start with exploring the Great Forest, have the Shadow Temple as level 1, etc)? Is it still going to be pretty heavily scripted, even with Blue Knight's departure, or slightly more traditional?

#7 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Nov 17 2012, 03:04 PM) View Post

Yay. I'm excited. I always loved THP, and was actually kinda sad when it turned into Inferno and left ZC. So a few questions. What made you decide to switch from the old super-DoR-on-steroids to the MotM tileset? How similar is the new THP going to be to the old one (for example, is it still gonna start with exploring the Great Forest, have the Shadow Temple as level 1, etc)? Is it still going to be pretty heavily scripted, even with Blue Knight's departure, or slightly more traditional?

Russ conveyed my complete thoughts. I was disheartened when THP moved away from ZC and turned into Inferno. I also have the same questions as Russ.

#8 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

Glad it was finally announced. I love this tileset, it's so new, beautiful. Excited to see more screens, and a finished story.

Good luck, guys! icon_smile.gif

#9 Migokalle

Migokalle

Weeeeeeee!!

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Nov 17 2012, 07:04 PM) View Post

We decided to go with the smaller tileset, seeing as it goes well with the whole idea of trimming the fat. Don't get me wrong, the game will still be The Hylian Phoenix. You will begin your journey in Treskott, and Bohan still has scary plans. You will still be going on side quests, and yes, the game will still use quests.

The world design will use a similar layout like the old map I made a few years ago, but it's going to be much smaller.

By the way, I have asked around some, but we are still looking for scripters. Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested.

#10 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

So...besides the first picture (Which we also saw months ago), are there any new ones? If you actually started non-story progress, that is.

#11 violetwasp

violetwasp

Initiate

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

This looks great! icon_biggrin.gif I loved playing the second demo of THP and am looking forward to hopefully being able to play a finished (albeit smaller) version of it! I also love the new style of graphics, they're very nice in my opinion. I can't wait to see more screenshots!

On the subject of graphics, are you still planning on releasing the tileset from when you were using DoR? You made some really nice tiles for DoR icon_cool.gif

#12 Supindahood

Supindahood

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE(Jared @ Nov 17 2012, 03:40 PM) View Post

So...besides the first picture (Which we also saw months ago), are there any new ones? If you actually started non-story progress, that is.

There are new pictures, but we're not showing anything else just yet. You won't have to wait long though. ;)

QUOTE(violetwasp @ Nov 17 2012, 04:03 PM) View Post

On the subject of graphics, are you still planning on releasing the tileset from when you were using DoR? You made some really nice tiles for DoR 8)

I believe most of them are free-to-use, don't quote me on that though. He gave away the quest file to some trusted members to rip resources off of, most of the graphics were taken from other games i believe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users