Question about DrawCombo/FastCombo...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:11 PM

So, I recently added a ghosted enemy to my quest. Thing is, when I finally added it, it wouldn't appear. That was weird. I double checked everything and nothing was wrong. However, I found the problem by accident. The enemy was being drawn to layer 2, but I have every screen use it as a background (I have it this way because of how I place combos used by Zepinho's GB Power Bracelet).

Anyway, my question is. I checked a few other ghosted scripts I have, and some of them use DrawCombo/FastCombo to draw on layer 2. Is there a reason of why the developer always sets it to this? For the above reason, I changed it to always draw on layer 0, but like I asked, is there any problem for this? Or is the layer really important?

Thanks for any responses. :)

#2 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

Normally, that's the correct layer to draw on. Enemies are drawn above layer 2 and under layer 3, and drawing on layer 2 mimics that.
If you've got the background layer 2 flag checked, you probably want to change it to draw on 1 rather than 0. Otherwise, layer 1 will appear above the enemy.

Of course, the proper thing to do (and what ghost.zh itself does...) is to check for that flag and set the layer accordingly.

#3 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:40 PM

I see... if that's the case, can't that special layer be accessed by any means? I ask because a few screens I have layer 1 transparent and layer 2 as the background. Given that built in enemies are no problem, I'll have to be careful to where I place ghosted enemies... 

#4 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:07 PM

The layer being transparent isn't important; combos drawn by scripts specify their own transparency.
Most ghosted enemies ought to be okay regardless. Only those that do their own drawing should be an issue.
  • Demonlink likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users