• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 runaru

runaru

:3

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him, They / Them

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:18 AM

Are there any tilesets or any sources where I could get the Z2 palettes into ZC? I tried ripping the palettes from Spriter's Resource rips,  but the palettes turn out as a mess in ZC and are very disorganized.

#2 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:28 AM

I did them for another project of mine, along with loading all the Z2 overworld/town/interior tiles.

I'm not sure how I'd pass the palettes on though, you basically have to input the numbers yourself, auto-methods rarely work.

Exporting palettes only generated a single .zpl file, you can't load individual ones, so I'm guessing you'd overwrite any other palettes you had in your quest if you imported mine.

Although, the way I organized it was to load 3 different palettes into every level palette and change between by swapping CSets.

Saves a load of palettes, but might not be your organizational preference.

I guess if nothing else I could try copying the palettes and importing the tiles into your file, but that would probably take me a while to get around to.

#3 runaru

runaru

• Members

Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:58 PM

I did them for another project of mine, along with loading all the Z2 overworld/town/interior tiles.

I'm not sure how I'd pass the palettes on though, you basically have to input the numbers yourself, auto-methods rarely work.

Exporting palettes only generated a single .zpl file, you can't load individual ones, so I'm guessing you'd overwrite any other palettes you had in your quest if you imported mine.

Although, the way I organized it was to load 3 different palettes into every level palette and change between by swapping CSets.

Saves a load of palettes, but might not be your organizational preference.

I guess if nothing else I could try copying the palettes and importing the tiles into your file, but that would probably take me a while to get around to.

I guess importing the .zpl file would be fine, if it has all the required palettes also like the main csets and such

#4 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 13 May 2018 - 02:17 PM

Well I mean, this zpl has a bunch of other palettes since it's a larger tileset project in which Z2 graphical support is only a small bonus.

What kind of set are you doing? Exclusively Z2, or is Z2 an additional component to an existing set?

Anyway, you can see if this helps, but be sure to try it with a test file in case it overwrites everything else you have in palettes:

https://drive.google...INmdxXhjwqptpUN

[edit] Forgot to mention they're palettes 030-037.

Edited by Lüt, 13 May 2018 - 02:52 PM.

#5 runaru

runaru

• Members

Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:06 PM

Thank you, I'll look into it. Not fully sure if I'll do anything, I just want to test out a Z2-style and such.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users