Photo

Screenshot of the Week 212

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 212! (59 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite screen!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:11 PM

LostInHyru1e
IPB Image

Pheonix
IPB Image
Windrobes on my tropical island vacation? Why?

Russ
IPB Image
As Link wanders through the desert, he finds a drought depriving the land of water, and shrinking once mighty rivers into tiny streams.

#2 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:13 PM

I voted for Russ, cause it reminds me of Joe123's desert screenshots, which I really like. icon_smile.gif

EDIT:W00t, first one to post in this topic, not that it's a big deal, but still, It's not usual that I'm an early bird when replying to these things. icon_nerd.gif

Edited by HeavyTitanium, 25 May 2008 - 09:22 PM.

#3 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:24 PM

I voted for Russ.

#4 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:22 PM

Nulled.

Phoenix- The colors are eww. The screen design is good, and you've used enough combos to make it detailed- more than is necessary for Classic, which is a good thing. But the colors are so very unattractive- do something about them. (In particular, the mountains.) 4/10.

Russ- Good screenshot, and an 1000% improvement from last week. But details on the riverbed are lacking, and I absolutely hate(still) those craters. I would've added some more elevation in the corners instead of those. 6/10.

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 26 May 2008 - 12:59 PM.

#5 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:40 PM

LostInHyru1e: A good, solid, GB-like shot. The Pure grass tufts don't seem to match well with the other grass, but that's really my only complaint. *votes*

Pheonix: ...The colors.

Russ: Really refreshing--the colors blend in really well together, and while the perspective on those crater cliffs is a bit confusing, the other tiles are fine. The screen design is the only thing that irks me.

#6 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:14 PM

I've been voting in these since I came back, but now it's time to get back into my old routine. Explaining why. Here we go.

LostInHyru1e- Alright, This is an awesome looking shot. GB style, very cool. Extremely well design. Easy on the eyes, and just well assembled altogether. Great work!

Pheonix- Good screen design. I like the layout of the screen, and the detail that was put into it, but to tell you the truth, I'm not liking the color scheme. It's just not very easy on the eyes. One other thing, it almost feels as though the Life meter should be above the Magic meter. That's just my thoughts, because I think everything needs to go from the most important to least important. (Obsessive Complusive Disorder anyone? O_o) Everything is good in this except the colors. Good work.

Russ- Very nice screen. I like the concept you have going behind this shot. A montrous river evaporated into a pathetic trickle of nothing. That's very original. Good screen design, and very nice to look at. Good work!

#7 Son

Son

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:50 AM

I voted for LiHs shot.

LiH: looks like there was alot of effort and thought in this shot.

Pheonix: Great for classic set, althought i liked LiHs better.

Russ: Sorry but, anyone with the right tiles could make this screen with enough knowledge of this set. Sill good though.

#8 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:54 AM

LostInHyru1e - 7/10
Nice usage of the GB set. There is a lot going on here, and it looks well put together.

Phoenix - 7/10
Good usage of the classic style. Well done. The subscreen is an interesting arrangement. For me, at worst it is simply something to get used to, but it logically makes sense. I think the B and A selections and the quantified items should be switched though. Just a matter of personal comfort. Smaller portions in a subscreen part tend to look better further away from a corner for me.

Russ - 7/10
Very good usage of ledges. Nice. I like both your selection and distribution of plants for this desert setting.

It was all very well done, even though nothing completely swept me off my feet. And now for the tie breaker: Phoenix for what I believe was the biggest risk, going with the most primitive graphics and pulling it off well.

#9 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:18 AM

LiH... I would have gone for Pheonix's shot, but... I'm in the mood for better graphics today icon_razz.gif
Though, Pheonix's shot seems to be the more solid one, when it comes to screendesign....

Russ's has some mountain errors... like the lowest part of the mountain on the right side icon_wink.gif

#10 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:38 AM

LiH: Are you shoure you not Nintendo spying on us icon_lol.gif ? Anyway It's a great shot so *vote* 1st

Pheonix: I'm not a really big fan of classic and espacly all those cloures don't takes this personally but mabey if you are going to use that shot use the green Mts and the Sand like ground (no not the ones with the dots) 3rd

Russ: good shot just a couple of errors that made me vote for LiH other wise I would have voted for you (if you had stuff on the other screens it would be a different story) so 2nd

Billy Out

#11 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 06:17 AM

tie between Russ and LIH, so I nulled.

#12 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:41 AM

I nulled, as I am in this one.
LiH: My favorite this week, as I really like GB graphics. Bit odd where the water is right next to the top of that cliff though.
Me: Yeah, I was just trying to do something different this week, so I used effectively the polar opposite of DoR. And that subscreen's just the default one in the 2.5 Classic tileset.
And I know about the colors. But this way I get to have an autumnal hilltop area.
Russ: It just feels too symmetrical. And none of your corners are cov-*shot* And too much stuff is one tile away from the edges.

#13 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 10:22 AM

LostInHyru1e is a win.
I can't wait to play this quest man!

#14 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ May 25 2008, 11:18 PM) View Post

Russ's has some mountain errors... like the lowest part of the mountain on the right side icon_wink.gif

icon_doh.gif How did I miss that?

Anyways, to my comments.

LostInHyru1e: Once again, I amazed at your mastery of the GB set. Just use a little more tree variety.

Pheonix: I love the classic set! And that use of of colors makes it look very unique.

#15 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 03:55 PM

LostInHyru1e
COLOR!? IN A GB SHOT!? It's good enough. Vote.

Pheonix
It's hard to look at. And the mountains are misused at the bottom.

Russ
It's terrible. It just is.

Edited by gray0x, 26 May 2008 - 03:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users