Virtual Console 3DS

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Anthus

Anthus

The wild-eyed boy from free cloud

• Contributors

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:43 PM

I've been playing Pokemon Crystal and Pokemon Prism on my 3DS for so long, I forgot Nintendo hadn't released it officially yet...  Gotta love softmodded 3ds's.  I have it installed as a VC injection, rather than a retroarch title.  Doing it this way keeps the system clock function.  There's also a patch that allows for trading between 3ds's, as well as a homebrew Pokebank that works for Gen1/2.

I downloaded Yellow, and Crystal too, but sadly, I just haven't touched them so much. I dunno why, when I was a kid, you couldn't take the Game Boy out of my hand for five minutes, but I just can't get into these games these days. :/ There not bad, I just dunno what my deal is :P

#17 Neptune

Neptune

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep!

• Forum Assistants

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:05 PM

I am rather excited to be able to enjoy playing the original Silver on my 3DS. It was the first Pokemon game that I personally bought. I remember going all over town trying to find a place to cash my check, and finally a gas station did. They gave me my money, and I went straight to the store to buy what would be my favorite game of the series. So looking forward to journeying through Johto once again! 

#18 Adem

Adem

Trainer

• Members

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:36 AM

I won't lie. I'm pretty pumped for these games. It's been awhile since I've played through Johto, and Silver was a huge part of my childhood. Though, I'm actually considering getting Gold this time around, as it's the only second generation game I haven't played. I already had the opportunity to relive Silver through the HG/SS release in 2010, so who knows. I'm sure I'll wind up getting both of them eventually. Because I'm a sucker. :doh:

Man, Pokemon Silver. Hard to believe it was almost 17 years ago when I got it for my 11th birthday, Yellow and a brand new Gameboy Color to play them on. I won't be getting the VC version (don't own a Wii U / Switch), but I still have my ways. 

The VC version is being released for the 3DS, not the Wii U or Switch. Just wanted to clarify for you!

Edited by Adem, 13 September 2017 - 08:37 AM.

#19 RedmageAdam

RedmageAdam

Well met, stranger.

• Members

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:39 AM

I won't lie. I'm pretty pumped for these games. It's been awhile since I've played through Johto, and Silver was a huge part of my childhood. Though, I'm actually considering getting Gold this time around, as it's the only second generation game I haven't played. I already had the opportunity to relive Silver through the HG/SS release in 2010, so who knows. I'm sure I'll wind up getting both of them eventually. Because I'm a sucker. :doh:

The VC version is being released for the 3DS, not the Wii U or Switch. Just wanted to clarify for you!

Oh well, I don't have that either, so other than something I got years ago will have to do.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Virtual Console, 3DS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users