Zelda Classic 2.55 Windows Xp Compatible Build

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 12 July 2022 - 02:05 PM

Hi Everyone im Not Sure if This Here is postet in the Right Place and i Know it may Sound Like a Huge Request That Could Stand Everything on hat but Would it be Possible to Have an Actualy Build of 2.55 That Works on Windows Xp Again or Would it Break to much of His Functions Thanks and Advance and Sorry for That Redicioules Request And Please no Juging That Someon Stil Uses Windows Xp im Working on it :D

#2 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 12 July 2022 - 05:23 PM

What exactly happens when you open ZC on XP?

#3 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 12 July 2022 - 06:37 PM

What exactly happens when you open ZC on XP?

Well it Gives me The Error That its not a Windows 32 Aplication or in German Das Ist Keine Gültige Windows 32 Anwendung :(

#4 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 12 July 2022 - 09:59 PM

You need the x86 version.

Here is the link to the latest one. Let me know if it works for you.

https://github.com/A...windows-x86.zip

#5 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 13 July 2022 - 05:28 AM

Sadly No Same Error Again :( Error.png

#6 BFeely

BFeely

• Members

Posted 13 July 2022 - 09:37 AM

Isn't ZC now built with a newer version of Visual Studio?  VS2019's v142 toolchain outputs executables with required OS version 6.0 and is thus incompatible with Windows XP.  Redists newer than version 14.27 (corresponding to VS 2019 16.7) are also incompatible with XP.

#7 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 13 July 2022 - 10:45 AM

Isn't ZC now built with a newer version of Visual Studio?  VS2019's v142 toolchain outputs executables with required OS version 6.0 and is thus incompatible with Windows XP.  Redists newer than version 14.27 (corresponding to VS 2019 16.7) are also incompatible with XP.

....What the hell is the point of being able to build a Win32 target if it won't run on a Win32 machine????? Microsoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Magi_Hero and coolgamer012345 like this

#8 connor.clark

connor.clark

Junior

• ZC Developers

Posted 13 July 2022 - 11:41 PM

That makes sense given XP's EOL was 2019. There's still Win10 32 bit OSes available but after that is EOL'd it seems that'll be it for supported versions of 32 bit windows.

Sorry Lordkronos, but I think your only bet is to stick with builds from before the switch... I have no idea when that was though.

#9 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 14 July 2022 - 05:10 AM

That makes sense given XP's EOL was 2019. There's still Win10 32 bit OSes available but after that is EOL'd it seems that'll be it for supported versions of 32 bit windows.

Sorry Lordkronos, but I think your only bet is to stick with builds from before the switch... I have no idea when that was though.

I Dont Know if There Was Another one but My Latest Working Build i Could Catch was Alpha 92 :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users