Photo

Screenshot of the Week 285

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

Poll: ~ (49 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:25 PM

Jupiter
IPB Image
The next soldier's corps to litter this bridge won't be Scottish, if Macbeth can help it...

Sheik
IPB Image
Turtle Rock!?

green-kirby
IPB Image
Man, this shield is awesome! icon_awesome.gif

Nuvo
IPB Image
Some sort of swamp shack.

SerpitaX
IPB Image
Exploration yields grand ruins - some that may contain invaluable treasures.

catfriedrice
IPB Image
I'll have to cut bushes for an hour to afford that red sword...

JimmyB
IPB Image
Link checks the inscription: "Once the gate has been unlocked, streams will flow like rivers once again."

#2 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:51 PM

They are all quite good, really. Sheik got my vote.

Jupiter: The bridge seems a little long. icon_razz.gif But I suppose it works, apart from that I like it. icon_biggrin.gif

Sheik: Couldn't be better. icon_thumbsup.gif

green-kirby: It has a very mystical feeling about it, I like it.

Nuvo: Of all the swamp shacks out there, that has to be the nicest. icon_deformed.gif

Serpitax: I like the mysterious feeling that the black creates, overall good design too.

catfriedrice: I was going to complain about the lack of sand detail, and then I decided it actually looks better this way. icon_lol.gif

JimmyB: You almost got my vote, amazing...simply amazing. I love it. Only thing is the perspective of the map doesn't really fit with the rest of the subscreen.

Great job to everyone. icon_thumbsup.gif

Edited by Molten Onyx, 16 March 2010 - 10:52 PM.

#3 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:55 PM

Dude, wow, great turnout this week.

I would've voted for Sheik... I will probably write down my opinions on each shot later on, but I'm too tired right now.

#4 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:05 PM

Tie between Sheik and Jimmyb for me. Both of those shots are really outstanding. There's no poll choice for Jimmyb though, so...

Edited by ZebraStallion, 16 March 2010 - 11:05 PM.

#5 Jupiter

Jupiter

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:37 PM

At long last! Perhaps next week's will come next week...

OK, enough griping.

Jupiter: Meh. The version of this with a custom palette and some clouds that you submitted with the flapping flags tiles looks much better...but that shoreline looks like it was made just for that boat, kinda unnatural. Plus the bridge is kind of long, you should make it so that mountain in the left corner goes under the bridge on this screen. Keep trying though, pal.

Sheik: Lovely shot. I love every screen I see in a sky world setting, and am pleased when people use those bubbly trees. I like the teal blues and kind of creamy looking greens in this palette, though I wish there was maybe one more blue tree in this shot. Also, while the ground and mountain formations look nice and natural, I think the clouds hug the land in a way that is just a tad too uniform for my taste, but maybe there is a reason for that in your quest.

green-kirby: I like the pastels with the snow. This has a nice sort of frozen lost woods feel too it. I do think that purple tree stump on the blue tree looks strange though.

Nuvo: Your shot was nice enough to keep me from nulling my vote! I saw this posted in the forums days ago and really like it. It's an extremely pleasing swamp/lake house scene. It really reminds me of like going on a house boat on the Mississippi or something. It's got a nice, tucked away feeling to it. Nothing extraordinary or flashy, just god taste and Great work.

SeripitaX: I like it. It's a good choice of pallet to fit with the black, featureless ground beneath it. For some reason the ruined temple or castle reminds me of Zelda II (AoL)...like what I imagine some of those palaces would have looked like with better graphics.

catfriedrice: I nice little beachside sword vender, eh? It's a nice shot, a little on the simple side, I prefer more detail, but pleasant. I like how people seem to be hocking their wares from benches and such...just like you would see in a beach town.

JimmyB: This is obviously a very good, nicely done shot...one of the best couple up for a vote this week. It's interesting and natural looking. The bridge/dam looks nice...that said, I am just not quite falling in love with it.

Nice shots everyone, that shots are all really good this week.

Edited by Jupiter, 16 March 2010 - 11:45 PM.

#6 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:08 AM

I can't decide on Jupiter, SerpitaX, or Sheik. ...I just don't know.... They are all good.. icon_neutral.gif

#7 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:29 AM

I voted for Sheik. THAT's how you use Pure.

#8 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:14 AM

Jupiter: Looks great! But I must mention that your caption is wrong. It was a Scottish Civil War, meaning that no matter who dies, it'll be a Scottish corpse. icon_razz.gif

Shiek: Pure awesomeness.

green-kirby: I love the palette, but the tree with the purple trunk looks a but off. Otherwise, great!

Nuvo: Excellent, as always.

SerpitaX: What you have looks great, but the black parts of the screen look unfinished. If it's supposed to be over a big gap, trying adding wind or falling rubble or something.

catfriedrice: The sand and water need some detail.

JimmyB: It's perfect. *votes*

#9 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE(Russ @ Mar 17 2010, 04:14 PM) View Post

Jupiter: Looks great! But I must mention that your caption is wrong. It was a Scottish Civil War, meaning that no matter who dies, it'll be a Scottish corpse. icon_razz.gif
Wrong. The only scottish Macbeth fought against (before he bacame king) was these betrayers, other than that, he was fighting against the Norweign king. After he became king, there was somthing similar to a civil war, but I wouldn't call it that. However.

Thanks for all the support, guys icon_smile.gif

I like Nuvo's and jimmyb's, but I think jimmyb used the default palette (also, that is too much brown there =/), that's why he would've lost my vote against Nuvo, in case I voted (which I didn't). Everyone elese: Nice shots, but not as good as Nuvo's or jimmyb's icon_razz.gif

Edited by Sheik, 17 March 2010 - 11:09 AM.

#10 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:23 PM

I really can't decide on this one they all look good to me. Null.

#11 Jupiter

Jupiter

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE(Sheik @ Mar 17 2010, 11:06 AM) View Post

Wrong. The only scottish Macbeth fought against (before he bacame king) was these betrayers, other than that, he was fighting against the Norweign king. After he became king, there was somthing similar to a civil war, but I wouldn't call it that. However.

I don't feel like taking the time to search for a better source, but see the second paragraph of they synopsis here. This is just based off the record for the historical Macbeth...I don't think there is any mention of the Irish in the play, and the only mention of the Norwegians is, I think, in the second scene when someone, Ross I think, says "the Norwayan banners no longer flout the sky". Since most of the play is about infighting among the Scots (Macbeth, Banquo, Duncan, Macduff, et al.), a subject which Shakespeare knew the new King James I would be quite familiar with, I can see how one would think that in the first scenes it is a Scottish civil war. But as Skeik pointed out, the only Scots they are fighting against are traitors (MacDonwald, is one such who is mentioned by name).

Edited by Jupiter, 17 March 2010 - 01:35 PM.

#12 Alex-Link

Alex-Link

Alex-Link

• Members

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:04 PM

Sheik gets my vote once again! I like the trees in the shot, they look cool

#13 catfriedrice

catfriedrice

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:30 PM

Skeiks. Were we thinking "Avatar" when that was made? Floating mountain with falls? Blue things running around XD

#14 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:41 PM

They're all really good, but I don't really like the wall catfriedrice used, It looks so small icon_razz.gif, size could have been bigger + some more details on the blank fields, sand etc icon_smile.gif but I can still see that's it is a wall and Its a really nice screen, Gj everyone!

@Serpita - JUst wondering what that black is icon_smile.gif
Shiek got my vote, I love that air-world :>

Edited by Gonken, 17 March 2010 - 03:44 PM.

#15 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:38 PM

I voted for Sheik. It looks like an excellent usage of the pure tileset.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users