MCZC Tileset Release

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Jay

Jay

Magus

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:03 PM

Hello all, it's been a long time since I've been around here. Last time I was working on a tileset with mixtures of many but mainly based on Minish Cap designs. However, my computer crashed and I thought the tileset lost, turns out someone unintentionally saved it with there files on a sim card and it has been recovered. I can say it is my most updated version, and I am releasing it today after all this wait. It will be up in about half an hour at the bottom of this post so check back in!

Moving on, I'd give a big list of what is in it but that info is here.

Final notes, some of you know some of you don't, I am partially color blind so any issues in those regards I did the best I can!  :unsure:  Maybe someone will touch it up for their use and well, yeah. Thanks for all the support I received on the project I hope you all enjoy it!

Tileset:
It's live

Edited by Jay, 26 November 2013 - 05:41 PM.

• SpacemanDan and Demonlink like this

#2 Jay

Jay

Magus

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

15 second wait but there the tileset is! Saved in 2.5 RC1 as I had to re-download ZC of course.

#3 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

Come on, dude! You gotta sell us with some screenshots or something!

#4 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

I'm gonna download and tell you what I think! Looks really promising.

Jay, are you talking about 2.50 RC1 or 2.50.1 RC1? 2.50 RC1 is really old and by the way these version names are confusing, I know.

Edit: It looks very disorganized but there are also a lot of great things in there. Thanks for sharing, Jay!

Edited by Avataro, 26 November 2013 - 06:05 PM.

#5 Jay

Jay

Magus

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

zelda023.png          avs1.png
zelda010.png          zelda002.png
zelda022.png          zelda001d.png

And there's tons more than shown here, sorry should have known to put some up!

#6 Jay

Jay

Magus

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:28 PM

I'm gonna download and tell you what I think! Looks really promising.
Jay, are you talking about 2.50 RC1 or 2.50.1 RC1? 2.50 RC1 is really old and by the way these version names are confusing, I know.

Edit: It looks very disorganized but there are also a lot of great things in there. Thanks for sharing, Jay!

Well it was never meant to be a large scale tileset like most around here are since I lack the time or proper skills to do the graphics side of things, I just wanted a cool MC like tileset for quest making! Glad it passes for good content though :) thanks!

#7 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:10 PM

I'm glad to see you finally release this Jay, I might use this to make a quest in the future whenever I feel like I should re-enter the quest developing mood.

#8 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

This looks like some glorious stuff here. Thanks a bunch for sharing this! :D

#9 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:59 AM

I think that the overworld of this tileset looks amazing while dungeons look bland. I don't know why, but I'm just not fond of MC dungeons. The problem are the floor tiles. MC dungeon floor tiles just make dungeons look bland in ZC and on top of that they are even harder to use than these Pure or DoR tileset dungeon floors you can just fill the floor with 1 tile. But it's good you can just import any tiles you need :)

Edited by Avataro, 27 November 2013 - 11:00 AM.

#10 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:24 AM

I think in tMC though, there was more variety and it is possible to add them into the tileset. :)

#11 LTTP

LTTP

LTTP

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

K I dono why the old thread got put into recent topics but... found the new thread!!
also am I blind and there is no cliffs? XD
Other then those small cliffs, which I am fine with! cuz i suck with cliffs :D

Edited by LTTP, 28 November 2013 - 01:17 PM.

#12 Jay

Jay

Magus

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

I can't remember if I left the MC mountains in there, but you can easily just bring them in from the MZC tileset! This whole tileset was originally just going to be a modified MZC just enough for me to make a quest, but then I decided to see how full I could get it for multiple uses. Turned out decent I suppose!

#13 LTTP

LTTP

LTTP

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:58 PM

Ya i noticed a bit ago :P
but I dono if im gona use this tileset so ill not worry about cliffs yet.

also I fine there is alot repeated tiles :P

MESSYYYYY!!

#14 Jay

Jay

Magus

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

There are all the necessary tiles, pretty much every tileset has repeated tiles for clear reasons. Always open to criticism though! Although, I did just say before you commented it was meant for personal use so of course it is a little disorganized? :P

#15 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

I'm just glad you released it for the public even though it was just meant for personal use. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users