Photo

Screenshot of the Week 135

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 135 (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 135

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Bonegolem

Bonegolem

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 01:33 PM

Radien. And I hate those custom overheads.

#17 rexlaninetales

rexlaninetales

9 tailed kitsune

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 09:46 PM

Mighty Darknut:
Wonderful! I think this is your best work yet! I really like the dungeon layout and the ground textures. Also, the subscreen looks really nice.
NoeL:
While I say that this screen is flawless, it just doesn't capture my attention. Lovely tiles...Just seems like this is missing something.
Radien:
Sweet! You did an awsome job! The graphics are absolutely marvelous. A lot of effort went into creating those ground tiles and tree tiles. I also like the leafy subscreen...Nice work on that also. The mountains, are simply...The best! Especially that little patch of rubble in the center of the screen. Anyways, Radien...You get my vote!
Rex Zemenheart:
I must say, you came in a very close 2nd place. I really love the combined effect of dungeon and wooded themed. The use of the subscreen is also amazing, though I think the border could have been done a little better.

#18 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 23 August 2006 - 02:12 AM

Yeah, I wasn't really trying to win with this shot... there's nothing eye catching about it... but I think it's pretty anyway, which is the main reason I entered it... Gashin will back me up on that icon_biggrin.gif

#19 OMEG

OMEG

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 23 August 2006 - 02:37 PM

Damn, Radien. You and Gashin need "Radien v.s. Gashin Screen of the Week" topics. And Prince could be admitted too :P

Going Radien- with Mighty just a bit behind him. That HUD is beautiful other than the hearts, though I would've shaded the buttons differently.

Noel, as awesometacular as those tiles are, there isn't much to see in that screenie. However I might as well use this time to say I love how you drew Link :P

Rex's looks like it'd be part of a fun, simple quest. Though I have to say, fix the brown in the back of the HUD, and the checkering colors in the HUD's borders are a bit tacky. The buttons are a tad funky.

#20 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE(OMEG @ Aug 23 2006, 01:37 PM)
Noel, as awesometacular as those tiles are, there isn't much to see in that screenie. However I might as well use this time to say I love how you drew Link icon_razz.gif

View Post

... *tears of joy* It's so nice to hear that every once in a while icon_biggrin.gif That little guy cops so much flak...

Oh, and I agree with Bonegolem, I really don't care for those subscreens at all :S

Edited by NoeL, 24 August 2006 - 07:55 AM.

#21 Moldorm

Moldorm

Magus

• Members

Posted 24 August 2006 - 01:58 PM

I´ll cast my vote for Mighty Darknut,as those "futuristic" tiles are very original for ZC.

(Just looking at the screenshot makes the "PKMN Mansion" tune from Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow play in my head.)

#22 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 24 August 2006 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE(Ray @ leader of Two Guys,Aug 24 2006, 02:58 PM)
I´ll cast my vote for Mighty Darknut,as those "futuristic" tiles are very original for ZC.

(Just looking at the screenshot makes the "PKMN Mansion" tune from Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow play in my head.)

View Post

Ya' know what? I just may use that tune for this area in my quest. Thanks for the suggestion. icon_kawaii.gif

#23 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:48 PM

As I'm typing this, Mighty Darknut is ahead by one vote, so as far as I'm concerned, he wins

Two entries for 136, so get submitting

#24 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 26 August 2006 - 10:56 PM

I must be the only one that really doesn't like MD's shot... the perspective of EVERYTHING in the room clashes, the ground is flat and boring, and the walls look ugly as well... oh well, what can you do icon_shrug.gif

#25 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 27 August 2006 - 08:51 AM

I didn't really like M_D's shot either. Your right, the walls, and the ground clashes terribly, but its an average shot I guess.

#26 VelairWight

VelairWight

• Members

Posted 27 August 2006 - 05:48 PM

I liked Radien's shot the best out of them all. It is most likely because it adds a lot of stunning detail into one screenshot, and the caption is hilarious to boot. M_D may have won, but I wanted Radien to win. M_D's screenshot has the walls and ground, which clashes horribly, like how DragonBoy said.

#27 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:38 AM

How exactly do the walls and floor clash? icon_blink.gif They look perfect to me.

#28 spriteman

spriteman

• Members

Posted 28 August 2006 - 02:20 PM

Raiden has my vote. Very good work icon_wink.gif

#29 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 28 August 2006 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE(Mighty Darknut @ Aug 28 2006, 01:38 AM)
How exactly do the walls and floor clash?  icon_blink.gif They look perfect to me.

View Post

Prespective. If you ask me, the pillats on the corners of the walls look somewhat awkward. But that's nothing a little modifying can't fix.

#30 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE(Mighty Darknut @ Aug 28 2006, 01:38 AM)
How exactly do the walls and floor clash?  icon_blink.gif They look perfect to me.

View Post

Hmm...upon closer inspection, they do seem to clash. Dark purple againest tan and gray, Look closely, it's as if the walls are floating on top of the floor really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users