how to stop luke bryan

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 13 September 2021 - 10:31 AM

I think you can do this in 2.55 via scripting.  This is one of the main reasons why I recommend people upgrade their quests.

Audio->LukeBryan = false;
Simply put that line in your global active script inside void run(). You don't need to include it in the while(true) loop, it only needs to run once every time the quest is loaded.

....made my day.

#17 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 13 September 2021 - 07:13 PM

I think you can do this in 2.55 via scripting.  This is one of the main reasons why I recommend people upgrade their quests.

Simply put that line in your global active script inside void run(). You don't need to include it in the while(true) loop, it only needs to run once every time the quest is loaded.

actual comedy gold

#18 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:30 PM

this is brilliant character comedy but everyone thinks it's just going to be a hacky programming joke like some C:\DOS\RUN RUN DOS RUN nerd shirt shit

#19 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 14 September 2021 - 03:14 AM

This was actually possible even as far back as 2.50. It's just Luke Bryan wasn't directly writable, he was located in the boss roar code. But you could jank it by spawning a gleeok and then forcing Link to drink a potion while on the same screen. The potion sound would halt the boss roar but not re-set it afterwards and so Luke wouldn't offend anybody's ears again until the player scrolls to the next screen. So then the trick from here is you write all of ZC's functionality in ZScript so the whole quest can be played from that one screen. This is called the Gleeok Method and is still used by 2.50 purists to this day.

• Twilight Knight and Bagu like this

#20 Valerie

Valerie

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 14 September 2021 - 04:51 PM

The moment I got to "Become a Rich Master" in this thread my head immediately hit my palm.

James24 has started a rich master fetish

I'm going to become rich and then hire you to be my servant and I will call you "Mr.Belvedere"
  • Bagu likes this

#21 bigjoe

bigjoe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 15 September 2021 - 11:53 AM

oshit mr.blankvedere happened!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users