• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 17 May 2023 - 01:37 PM

Hey fellas!

Recently I've been trying to solve my scripting and technical issues in ZC with ChatGPT, and i've found it quite interesting!

Although it gives incorrect information sometimes, it's quite helpful to simply type any question about the program and be given a few troubleshooting solutions.

I haven't yet used it for other kinds of ideas, such as riddles, puzzles, enemy editing and such, but it seems like a good plan if I ever run into a creative block.

Anyways, have any of you ever used it for something related to ZQuest? What do you think of the idea?

Edited by Ica, 17 May 2023 - 01:37 PM.

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 17 May 2023 - 08:04 PM

The day ChatGPT learns to recognize ZScript, I will never recover from this.

I've never used it for questmaking or anything else myself. I've thought about a quest with areas conceptualized by AI before, but never actually tried it. I'm still a little wary of the ethics of using AI tools. Not just for how humanlike they are or aren't, but also AI plagiarism and a general distrust of the companies developing them.

• Anthus, Eddy and Ica like this

#3 Ica

Ica

Napoleon Bonaparty

• Members

Posted 17 May 2023 - 11:46 PM

I've never used it for questmaking or anything else myself. I've thought about a quest with areas conceptualized by AI before, but never actually tried it. I'm still a little wary of the ethics of using AI tools. Not just for how humanlike they are or aren't, but also AI plagiarism and a general distrust of the companies developing them.

A quest with areas conceptualized by AI could be a fun experiment! It would likely be rather predictable, but a little fun.

I wholeheartedly agree with your suspicion on how AI is being used. AI is an incredible tool that as such should be used to help make things easier and faster for mankind, but it's seem by corporations as a way to increase productivity. The problem is that it's being employed in a for profit logic, with AI not being used to free us humans from mechanical tasks. Besides the people who love new things like shiny rocks and think AI should replace humans in CREATIVE jobs, which is both absurd and stupid. "AI work" cannot go without human proofreading and application, it doesn't make sense to think of AI as "replacement" for humans.

I don't really believe that individual consuming "boycotts" can really change anything in the 21st century.

Anyway, I think it's neat to ask it my dumb little questions, even though it doesn't always gather the right information, I think it'll be helpful to others to feed it information about the program's working. 

#4 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 18 May 2023 - 03:41 AM

An attempt at teaching the free access GPT (which is 3.5 I believe), went fairly well at the beginning, until it began forgetting things from the start of the chat like basic data types. GPT 4 would probably handle the challenge better, but alas I do not have access to test that.

...The big thing though is plugins, which are becoming widely available to plus users now. In theory, a plugin could be developed to allow it to scan our current codebase for documentation, and compile-test its' results with the zscript compiler- which would make it ABSURDLY powerful. The way it interfaces with plugins is absolutely insane, from what I've heard- can't wait until I can afford to get access myself.

• Twilight Knight and Taco Chopper like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users