Custom Subscreen Screenshots

• Please log in to reply
1493 replies to this topic

#1471 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:09 PM

Very simple passive subscreen. It's a test, I might revision this later.

oG5ayzi.png

• Shane, Jared, Naru and 1 other like this

#1472 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:37 AM

5qUX1T2.png

• Sheik, MoscowModder, Jared and 3 others like this

#1473 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:54 AM

Very simple passive subscreen. It's a test, I might revision this later.

I don't know if this was your intent, but on those overworld screens, your subscreen almost looks like a blue sky above that bright outdoor scenery.

#1474 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:29 AM

I don't know if this was your intent, but on those overworld screens, your subscreen almost looks like a blue sky above that bright outdoor scenery.

That's... actually a cool idea! Kind of like Animal Crossing: New Leaf where the world bends at the horizon allowing you to see the sky. You could have a different sky backdrop for each DMap passive subscreen (day, night, evening, stormclouds... along with mountain peaks, treetops, towers, etc.).

Edited by Cukeman, 03 August 2017 - 07:33 AM.

• Anthus and Jared like this

#1475 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:41 PM

No posts here in forever!

458sJx5.png

Thoughts? The only thing I'm not sold on is the key icon. It obviously looks good, but part of me is unsure about it. Any comments or suggestions? By the way, the rupee and key fit into an 8x10 pixel box.

Edit- I just edited the key icon to look a bit better, but would love opinions either way :)

Edited by Jared, 13 May 2018 - 12:46 PM.

• Shane and Sheik like this

#1476 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 August 2019 - 08:33 PM

Over a year later, here's the active! :)

WFF4O8M.png

• ShadowTiger, Twilight Knight, Shane and 4 others like this

#1477 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 06 January 2021 - 12:48 AM

Not really a subscreen, but I put together a map screen using Moosh's map screen script and I'm quite fond of it.

oMWmlh8.gif

• ShadowTiger, Twilight Knight, Shane and 3 others like this

#1478 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 06 January 2021 - 01:44 AM

Not really a subscreen, but I put together a map screen using Moosh's map screen script and I'm quite fond of it.

oMWmlh8.gif

Looks pretty nice

#1479 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 06 January 2021 - 05:58 AM

oMWmlh8.gif

Immediately reminding me that I want to add an 'onMap' script slot for 2.55....

• Mitchfork, Lüt and Bagu like this

#1480 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 06 January 2021 - 01:17 PM

Immediately reminding me that I want to add an 'onMap' script slot for 2.55....

That would be awesome.  I did have to implement some rather clunky handling for times where the player should not be able to open the map, since the only way for this script to function now is to check the button press via script, which you can't turn off with functions like NoAction().

• Bagu likes this

#1481 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 07 January 2021 - 05:28 AM

That would be awesome.  I did have to implement some rather clunky handling for times where the player should not be able to open the map, since the only way for this script to function now is to check the button press via script, which you can't turn off with functions like NoAction().

Rather off-topic now, but I'd recommend making a global function specific for your quest for that, which contains the NoAction() function

Had to do it as well after finding out I keep needing to add stuff to those "NoAction" situations

• Mitchfork likes this

#1482 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 07 January 2021 - 11:29 AM

^ I called mine 'TotalNoAction()', and it just set all the things off.

Anyway, once we're done testing/merging some new parser work, I'll move 'onMap' dmap script slot to the top of my list (will be designed to match the Active Subscreen script slot). Shouldn't be very difficult to implement, as the Active Subscreen slot already has all of the groundwork; it'll just be a copy of that, but with it's own InitD[], and triggered on pressing Map instead of Start. As such, it will use the engine map button, and entirely replace the engine map, running the script INSTEAD of opening the map.

• Twilight Knight and Bagu like this

#1483 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 07 January 2021 - 02:37 PM

Oh, also realized that I probably could post THIS here:

https://www.youtube....9VwFMzfRs6pUwO1

Not exactly a subscreen, but rather, a scripted subscreen editor WIP. When done, you will be able to use it to design scripted subscreens, and simply have it write a script file for you that you just import to use your subscreen.

• Twilight Knight, Mitchfork and Bagu like this

#1484 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 07 January 2021 - 03:01 PM

Oh, also realized that I probably could post THIS here:

https://www.youtube....9VwFMzfRs6pUwO1

Not exactly a subscreen, but rather, a scripted subscreen editor WIP. When done, you will be able to use it to design scripted subscreens, and simply have it write a script file for you that you just import to use your subscreen.

That's exciting! I've been thinking about scripting a screen to allow for X/Y buttons and this looks like it does just that.

One other thing that would be great is the ability to hover over "non-usable" items (Rings, Raft, Bomb Bags, etc.) that would display a tile block somewhere to give their name and effect.  If that's way outside the scope of this, don't bother, but that would be a great function imo.

#1485 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 07 January 2021 - 03:17 PM

That's exciting! I've been thinking about scripting a screen to allow for X/Y buttons and this looks like it does just that.

One other thing that would be great is the ability to hover over "non-usable" items (Rings, Raft, Bomb Bags, etc.) that would display a tile block somewhere to give their name and effect.  If that's way outside the scope of this, don't bother, but that would be a great function imo.

My todo has an item called a 'Description Object', which is invisible, but can be selected in-game just like items, and will display a set of text in the description box (which is another object, specifically for displaying text). Definitely gonna be added somewhat soon-ish. Might also add the innate ability to show item name for non-equippable items, as that makes a lot of sense now that you point it out. Not that hard to add.

And yes, this subscreen script allows A/B/X/Y/Ex1/Ex2/Ex3/Ex4 to all be used as item buttons. You can set in the options panel for a given active subscreen what buttons should be assignable, i.e. you can press the button on the active to equip the selected item. You can *SEPARATELY* check if they are enabled, meaning pressing the button uses the assigned item- so if, for instance, you wanted to make R be 'Shield', hardcoded, can't be changed, you could do that by having a script assign shield to R (assuming you have an active shield script).

(The A button, if 'enabled' but not 'assignable', currently will automatically equip the sword, as per usual engine behavior)

• Mitchfork and Bagu like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users