Photo

Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver Discussion Thread!

• Please log in to reply
1394 replies to this topic

#1 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:25 PM

That's right, they're finally remaking Pokemon Gold and Silver; which in my opinion, were the best Pokemon games back then, especially since players had 2 regions to explore. These haven't yet been released in even Japan yet, but its just to let you guys know what ot expect. They have a nifty little trailer:

-->TRAILER LINK<--

Isn't it awesome to be able to have your Pokemon follow you outside the Pokeballs like that? =). The new graphics and effects look awesome. And I wonder if they're going to have some new sidequests and stuff; you know they never remake without adding stuff.

#2 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:34 PM

It's kinda old, but there's a topic for this already.

Anyways, Yea. I can't wait. Though, it'll probably be my last Pokemon game. I'm gettin' pretty sick of 'em.

#3 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:50 PM

^Yes, but as you said, that topic is several months old. (And GC did not reply to it, so here I am now! :O )

I knew about it, but I was never clear on the dates for release. But yay! It'll be around soon enough! Just makes me kinda regret the fact that I went out and bought Platinum... I was all gung-ho about that thing being released that the fact they were remaking Gold/Silver slipped my mind. Oh well. One more Pokemon game to add to the collection, I suppose.

#4 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:39 AM

I didn't know there was a topic made. I searched p the keywords "Pokemon Heart Gold Soul Silver" and no results were found, so I just made a topic xD. That's how I check for topics; I don't browse the entire sub-forum.

#5 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:22 PM

In his defense, that topic had a poor topic title, so I'm going to say, for now, just let it slide and use this topic, since it's properly labeled. Thanks for that, dlbrooks. icon_wink.gif

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:59 PM

Ya, I've been checking Serebii for updates on the games every day. I think the thing I'm most hyped for is the 3D cutscenes. These definitely look like the best Pokemon games yet. I'm kind of upset that it's coming out in Japan soon though, because from then on I won't be able to get little updates without having the whole game spoiled for me. icon_razz.gif

I'm getting Gold, by the way.

#7 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:49 PM

Wait, so, how soon is it coming out? I figured some time 2010, but I don't see when in that trailer...

#8 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:59 PM

For the US, it's slated for spring of next year. Kinda vague, but it's not officially announced yet.

Soon!

I'll probably get Gold.

#9 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE(Golden Chocobo @ Aug 24 2009, 01:59 PM) View Post
For the US, it's slated for spring of next year. Kinda vague, but it's not officially announced yet.

Soon!

I'll probably get Gold.

Aaaawww, I was hoping they would be out by Christmas this year. icon_cry.gif

And that trailer is making me want them even more now. Everything about them just looks amazing, especially being able to have your Pokémon outside it's pokéball and the 3D cutscenes.

#10 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE(Beta Link @ Aug 24 2009, 12:33 PM) View Post

Aaaawww, I was hoping they would be out by Christmas this year. icon_cry.gif

Probably for the lucky kids in Japan icon_razz.gif

#11 GanonThePig97

GanonThePig97

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:49 PM

stupid Nintendo. why can't they give something to us in US and europe before japan gets it for once?

#12 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE(GanonThePig97 @ Aug 24 2009, 02:49 PM) View Post

stupid Nintendo. why can't they give something to us in US and europe before japan gets it for once?

Well, cause it's made in Japan lol. I'd really rather get a remade version of Crystal than these 2, because I want to fight the legendary dogs, and participate in Buena's Password. But if I do have to choose between these 2, it'll be Gold, so I can get Ho-Oh.

#13 GanonThePig97

GanonThePig97

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:06 PM

well, duh, of course i know that's why. but what i meant is that it is kinda unfair. and FYI, you can get both Ho-oh and Lugia in both HG and SS, it's just that you can get the "version mascot" earlier than the other one.

#14 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:09 PM

It's not unfair that Japan gets it before the US, that's just the way things are.

They created the games, so they get first dibs. And it also takes time to translate things into English and bring it over to America. So it's not just because they're being selfish icon_razz.gif

I know how it feels though. Having to wait sucks. I wait for all the things I like: video games, manga and anime.

#15 Kwolfgames

Kwolfgames

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:45 PM

Wow! icon_wow.gif

I might just buy a DS because of this! This looks positively awesome!

Last time I played Pokemon was about 2 years ago, and I loved those games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users