Photo

Map of the Month 62

Eddy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Map of the Month 62 (47 member(s) have cast votes)

Consider a hypothetical scenario where you had to vote between Eddy, bmc10011, and mao10 in a monthly mapmaking competition. Whom would you pick?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:52 PM

Eddy
Crescent Island

bmc10011
Why is this dungeon smaller then level 2? Man this dungeon is going to be a piece of cake... 10 minutes later. I am so lost. Get me out of this place! Finally I beat it after 1 hour of being lost.

mao10
There is a secret under the grassy plains…
  • Eddy likes this

#2 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:56 PM

Being totally objective here, despite the map being almost exactly like it was in oracle of ages. @Eddy's looks the best to me.

• nicklegends and Eddy like this

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:01 PM

I voted Eddy. It looks very familiar, but at the same time, it's a lot different. It strikes the right balance of colour and detail too.

bmc10011's is alright. But it's pretty empty and the yellow torches look weird. mao10's is also alright. But the lack of colour variety hurts it.

#4 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:08 AM

Oh man close competition between me and mao10. My opinions are below:

bmc10011 - Pretty neat map, and I can see plenty of cool ideas too. That's about it though.

mao10 - This is one hell of a classic map. I love how you transformed classic into something that looks like Pure or something like that. Amazing job!

• nicklegends and Binx like this

#5 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:31 AM

A map of my favourite part of Oracle of Ages? And it even looks better the original map? How could I vote for something else? XD

Eddy's my mapdesigner this month. ;)

#6 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:03 PM

I hypothetically voted for mao. It was the only one that I'm interested in playing just from looking at the map.

Eddy, I'm really struggling to understand the concept for this quest, all i've seen so far is a remake.

Bmc, I'm intrigued by the puzzles, but I don't understand how to solve them from looking at them. The map could use a bit more variety in details and colours.
  • nicklegends, Eddy and Binx like this

#7 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:34 AM

Eddy, I'm really struggling to understand the concept for this quest, all i've seen so far is a remake.

All will be revealed when the quest gets released in the far future :P

#8 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:14 PM

Mao, for making Classic look sexy.

• Binx likes this

#9 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:04 AM

Voted Mao, it's nice to see people who can use Classic so amazingly well.

#10 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:58 AM

Bmc, that map looks... awfully familiar. There's inspiration, and there's plagiarism, and your map certainly seems to be more of the latter than the former. And I can't help but notice that this isn't an isolated incident. Compare this with this, or this with this. There may be no enforceable rules against this kind of thing, but I feel that blatantly ripping off another quest like this is unethical, to say the least. I'd really suggest just making a quest with your own ideas, rather than stealing from IoR like this.

That said, my vote goes to Eddy, for beautifully blatantly ripping off Oracle of Ages. :tard:
  • Eddy, Avaro, Joelmacool and 3 others like this

#11 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:26 AM

Yeah bmc I didn't notice at first but it's pretty disrespectful copying off other people depiste it being a fan project

#12 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:44 AM

Bmc, that map looks... awfully familiar. There's inspiration, and there's plagiarism, and your map certainly seems to be more of the latter than the former. And I can't help but notice that this isn't an isolated incident. Compare this with this, or this with this. There may be no enforceable rules against this kind of thing, but I feel that blatantly ripping off another quest like this is unethical, to say the least. I'd really suggest just making a quest with your own ideas, rather than stealing from IoR like this.

That said, my vote goes to Eddy, for beautifully blatantly ripping off Oracle of Ages. :tard:

Luckily 6, 7, 8, and 10 all have a theme that haven't been done before. except level 7 which I took from the last mini dungeon in Maze of Hyrule 2. I must admit I did copy the graphics and both the gimmicks. I also copy the graphics from OoA all the time. I feel pretty bad about it now. How do you think I could make up for it? 

#13 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:47 AM

The graphics and gimmicks are fine in my opinion. You aren't making your own indie game for profit. Don't feel bad just learn from your mistakes. Just use your mind. Easier said than done I know.

Edit: I don't know if its a coincidence, but Isle of Rebirth is so famous its played by people from other communities. I'm not an expert but sometimes these things happen

Edited by GhostKnight22, 10 April 2015 - 06:49 AM.

#14 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:52 AM

How do you think I could make up for it? 

Well you seem to excel in the creative department for sure. It would be very cool for your next project to be all yours - your own dungeons, gimmicks and palettes. Trust me, even if your current maps are fine, it will be a lot better to have something you can truly call yours. If I am not mistaken, you seem capable of making custom dungeon palettes. That's always an advantage right there. If you really do need some suggestions for palette or theme ideas, I am always available for PM.

Edited by Shane, 10 April 2015 - 06:53 AM.

• Eddy likes this

#15 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:00 AM

Well you seem to excel in the creative department for sure. It would be very cool for your next project to be all yours - your own dungeons, gimmicks and palettes. Trust me, even if your current maps are fine, it will be a lot better to have something you can truly call yours. If I am not mistaken, you seem capable of making custom dungeon palettes. That's always an advantage right there. If you really do need some suggestions for palette or theme ideas, I am always available for PM.

Well first off this is going to be my last quest. And I all ready made four unique gimmicks that took a very long time to figure out. And not to mention level 10 that has 2 new dungeon themes that could be made into there own dungeon. I forgot to mention that at the very beginning you have a choice between three completely different worlds, with there own story, bosses, and overworlds. Thanks for the suggestion but I think this will be my last quest.

• Shane and SyrianBallaS like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Eddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users