Photo

Bad PureZC Quests

LP

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:20 AM

So, for whatever reason, I've decided to start up a new LP series called "Bad PureZC Quests," as per the topic title. Basically, the premise is that I go to the database, look at the low-rated quests, make a selection, and do a Let's Play of it. Why have I decided to do this? I dunno, entertainment value or something. I'm kicking off the series with... yes, Mario Quest. No series with this name would be complete without it!

Note that, when I label these "bad quests," it's by the database ratings and not by my own opinion. I mean, I might most likely end up feeling they deserve that low rating in the end after playing them, but unless it's a quest I've already played and know is bad beforehand, they're not quests I consider "bad." ... yet. And I won't be using any fairly recent quests either, I'll stick to older ones that have had time to accumulate enough ratings to place them so low in the database.

So... here ya go.

Index:
- Mario Quest
- The Gate of Kazaar
- Metroid:Mother Brain's Return
- Aidan's Adventure
- DayDay
- The Realm of Shamanock - DX (1, 2, 3, 4)
- EverNES (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Playlist:
- http://www.youtube.c...lUjmtHuz0bL7G3O

To-do:
- Puzzle Quest
- Spikes of Doom
- Link's Stupid Quest
- Super Metroid Hooded Samus

#2 Hoff123

Hoff123

The Hoff :)

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:39 AM

Yeah! I was just thinking about this a few days ago, and now someone(you icon_smile.gif) just started doing it icon_smile.gif. And of course you started with Mario Quest hehe.

Tropicana Island and The Gate of Kazaar next? icon_smile.gif

EDIT Oh, and guess I didn't read the whole description before(you specifically said "no recent quests"), so sorry about that.

Edited by Hoff123, 09 April 2013 - 05:04 AM.

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:05 AM

Not Tropicana Island, it's too recent. Same with The Light Within. Maybe in the future, if they're still near the bottom of the list. I'm also not going in order of lowest rating, I'm gonna jump around. Well, actually the first four I'm doing will coincidentally be in order of lowest rating, but after that I'll switch it up a bit. Probably sticking to just one- and two-star quests as well, anything three and above will be left out of this series. And I probably won't do all of the two-star ones either; heck, maybe not all of the one-stars. We'll see what happens. But hey, cool to see someone's interested in the series! I'm gonna try to make it as daily as possible, that probably won't last but I'll try to make sure I don't take long breaks in-between videos further down the road. icon_heh.gif

#4 Hoff123

Hoff123

The Hoff :)

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

I'm looking forward too it icon_smile.gif.

#5 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

DayDay! DayDay! DayDay!

#6 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

^^^^^

I actually beat that quest. It did prove to give me some great MIDI rips but at any rate I'm still traumatized to this day.

#7 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

It's not hard to beat at all. It just looks bad. Merely looking at the screenshot when looking at the quest page gives you a baaaaaaaaaad feeling.

#8 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

DayDay's on the list, actually. Heck, might make it #5. Also, Gate of Kazaar is recorded and put up. I also added a list of "To-do" quests as well, based on my own anticipations as well as recommendations of others.

As for Gate of Kazaar itself, its obvious demo status (despite insistence otherwise) may actually lead to its removal; not sure how it's eluded us that long. The video, nonetheless, will be added to this LP series for you to enjoy. Or... not enjoy, depending.

#9 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

You should play Puzzle Quest. It's the best poorly rated quest ever! Some of the ratings are truly ridiculous... If you actually want to relieve your self of the agony of under going these awful games, you should play it. It's a good quest that was unfairly rated.

-Strike

#10 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

I'll consider it, but since it's a 1.90 quest from 2002, I'm concerned it may have issues in 2.50, which is the only version that works on my computer. If others can confirm it's not horribly buggy and still completely playable from beginning to end, I'll consider giving it a shot.

#11 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

Having played it, I can assure you, I have encountered literally no bugs caused by 2.5. Word.

-Strike

#12 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Well, I went ahead and added it to the list, along with EverNES. I've also uploaded Mother Brain's Return, and am going to start recording Aidan's Adventure. If that doesn't take long, I might start on DayDay afterward, but we'll see.

#13 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

I went ahead and uploaded Aidan's Adventure, because it was painful enough that I want you to share in my misery— er, enjoy this lovely little playthrough... DayDay will be coming tomorrow, hopefully.

#14 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

Take this sword and p*** of

#15 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

Welp, DayDay was fun sorta not really. It sure was a thing. And it's now up on YouTube. From what I understand, Realm of Shamanock DX might take a while, since it has a reported 14 dungeons. Maybe they're all short, who knows. So this might be the first quest in the series I'll have to split into multiple videos, we'll see. But when I get to it, that'll be next on YouTube, followed by EverNES and Puzzle Quest.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users