zc_screen00025.png
Into the snow.

• Twilight Knight, Shane, Jared and 2 others like this

#7819 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 17 February 2020 - 08:27 PM

I feel like I'm spamming the thread at this point... hrm.
Anyway, I have been making more progress on the overworld. I was hoping for some feedback on the screens?

521_q5vilv.png
Heart~

• Jenny, Jared and Hari like this

#7820 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 February 2020 - 02:52 AM

I love the palette work and how subdued most of the shots feel. I do think that the interior cave shot doesn't have the same kind of character that most of the overworld screens do. It's tough to bring out a unique feel or good detailing, since it feels like the cave tileset just doesn't have the variety of options that the overworld set does. For the overworld shots, I think the snow one is the weakest, looking a bit more generic ZC compared to the more complex and beautiful screens. Perhaps a few more trees to frame in that open space on the right might lend it a big more character? I'm a big fan of the others, and really like the canopy overlay effect in the forest shot.

Personally, I find the pink background on the DMap titles to be a bit distracting. I think a color that matches the color scheme of the subscreen, or maybe just black, would work better.

• Mani Kanina likes this

#7821 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 13 March 2020 - 06:59 AM

521_q74rsi.png - 521_q74rrl.png

521_q74rqv.png - 521_q6c7vg.png

Working on a dungeon, here is a variety of screens from it.

• Shane, Eddy, Sheik and 5 others like this

#7822 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 20 March 2020 - 04:34 PM

Cave

xijxI7U.png

• ShadowTiger, Magi_Hero, Eddy and 6 others like this

#7823 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 06 April 2020 - 04:20 PM

N1b8wRS.gif

Random screenshot of a random quest I'll probably never finish like my other failed attempts.  :tard:  :tard:

• Shane, Eddy, Jared and 4 others like this

#7824 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 07 April 2020 - 01:38 AM

Demonlink, is this from the same GB quest you've been posting screenshots of for the past couple years? It's sad to hear you say that you doubt it'll be completed, considering how good it's always looked.

I will say, the flickering castle is cool, although all of it flickering seems a bit overwhelming. What if the flickering were on a layer of sorts -- something like how Hyrule Castle looked in A Link Between Worlds?

Spoiler

• Demonlink and Chris like this

#7825 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 07 April 2020 - 05:21 AM

Yes, it's from the same GB quest, and I say I doubt it since it's been ages I've actually worked on it. I might reorganize the idea to a much much shorter project than originally intended to, but even I'm not sure of it. (That's why I never officially announced it). BTW, thanks! I also thought I was doing a good work.

As for the flickering, I tried to make something similar to ALttP's Ganon's Tower barrier. What could be inside? Hmmm... :) Once you activate the necessary secret, the flickering stops and you open the way forward.

Edited by Demonlink, 07 April 2020 - 05:25 AM.

• Matthew likes this

#7826 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 21 April 2020 - 12:04 AM

N1b8wRS.gif

Random screenshot of a random quest I'll probably never finish like my other failed attempts.  :tard:  :tard:

Oh Man Thats sad if it not gets Finished As i Said before as i Voted for your Screen That complete Ambiente Looks so Mystery Like with the Strong Snow Storm it has a Similiar Spell like Aganihms/Ganons Tower in Alttp nut Looking on The Heart Pices and the Armor im not sure if Ganon Lives in there maybe Someon Else the Place Looks not Evil Enough :D

• Demonlink likes this

#7827 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 01 June 2020 - 06:02 PM

https://imgur.com/jxS6e3R

https://imgur.com/VsjxpWu

Not sure why I can post the actual pictures here... Either way these are from my current quest in progress :D

• Jared likes this

#7828 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 02 June 2020 - 10:11 AM

Not sure why I can post the actual pictures here...

They have to be links to the image files (ending in .png), not the actual web page:

jxS6e3R.png

VsjxpWu.png

Now that they're up, I'll say they're both looking quite nice, though I like the smoother angles of the cliffs in the second shot. One thing that's odd there, though - I don't follow the cliff heights on the right. It looks like the top and bottom of the screen are at the same height, but then the cliff at the top continues rightward at the same level after connecting to the cliff from the bottom.

• Matthew likes this

#7829 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 02 June 2020 - 03:03 PM

They have to be links to the image files (ending in .png), not the actual web page:

jxS6e3R.png

VsjxpWu.png

Now that they're up, I'll say they're both looking quite nice, though I like the smoother angles of the cliffs in the second shot. One thing that's odd there, though - I don't follow the cliff heights on the right. It looks like the top and bottom of the screen are at the same height, but then the cliff at the top continues rightward at the same level after connecting to the cliff from the bottom.

A little confused here. What do you think I could do to make it look better? Also thanks for fixing the shots! How did you post them?

#7830 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 02 June 2020 - 11:42 PM

A little confused here. What do you think I could do to make it look better?

In the fist shot, the mountains left and centre are two tiles high, yet when you follow them around to the right it changes to four tiles high. Is the north path going up a hill? If not, the elevations should be consistent. Fix this by making the mountains at the right two tiles high, e.g.

JIkYztq.png

In the second shot, where the top and bottom mountains connect to the right of the pond it looks like the change in elevation is two tiles, which is the same as to the left of the pond. So the ground around the pond should be level, but south of the pond the elevation changes. It makes no sense. Fix this by changing the far right column so the top and bottom mountains are on the same level, e.g.

osL9ZGd.png

• Omega likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users