9 replies to this topic

#1 Shane

Shane

❤ Love Beats Hate ❤

• Contributors

Posted 09 April 2021 - 01:58 PM

Screenshot: Challenge Accepted

The History

Screenshot: Challenge Accepted is an old PureZC contest that once merged with Screen Rebirth. It was hosted by many, including myself. It is being brought back to once again put participants creativity to the test! The contest cycles between Screenshot and Rebirth Challenges. You might have many questions right now, and I'm here to hopefully answer all of them! If you wish to browse the archived Screenshot: Challenge Accepted and Screen Rebirth content, you can do so here.

The Rules

• All forms of participation must comply to the PureZC Site & Forum Rules.
  • You may only submit one screenshot that you have created per challenge.
  • All entries must be taken within the ZC Player or ZQuest Editor.
  • Don't feel restricted! Push the limits of every challenge. Let's see your wild ideas!

The Dropbox

• To enter, simply create a thread in the Dropbox. Title it with your name and contest number for convenience.
  • To replace an entry, create a new thread with the replacement entry and a note attached.
  • Feel free to caption your entry however you want (preferably place it below your entry and with italics).

The Schedule

Instead of its previous weekly schedule, it will be biweekly much like Screenshot of the Week has become. This is to allow the contest to be more manageable while also giving people more time to create screenshots as there is a bit more demand from a contest of this nature. Every deadline will be attached to the newly presented challenge and if there is cause for delay, the community will be informed ASAP.

Another part of the schedule was its rotation schedule. Previously, there were many special challenges but due to the biweekly nature of the contest, this would feel like too much padding. The contest will only cycle between screenshot and rebirth challenges. For compensation, these challenges will be more creative!

The Challenges

• Screenshot Challenges are a set of guidelines that must be followed. The guidelines entail what type of screen and what features it needs to have to qualify.
  • Rebirth Challenges give you a base screen to remake. It can be recreated with whatever tileset and setting in mind.

The Archive

An archive will be created and linked once a few contests have gone live. It will then be updated with each new contest going live.

The Credits

Special thanks to the previous hosts: Marco, Silver, LostInHyru1e, Scootaloo, Koh, William, Russ, Adem and Moosh! The contest had undergone many changes and hosts, but the contest wouldn't have been as successful in the past without them and I felt credit was due here. I especially want to thank Russ and Moosh for entrusting me with the contest in the past.

• Anthus, Adem, Russ and 7 others like this

#2 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 13 April 2021 - 05:50 PM

Wow, FUN. I was just thinking about this contest a couple months ago and went down the rabbit hole that is the archives. It was so fun to see all the different interpretations of these challenges! Happy to see it making a comeback. 

• Shane and Matthew like this

#3 Shane

Shane

❤ Love Beats Hate ❤

• Contributors

Posted 16 April 2021 - 08:45 PM

Hey everyone! :) There's now only a week left before the deadline and so far we only have one two entries. If you have your screen ready or are now wanting to enter, please do submit them before the 23rd of April.

• Matthew likes this

#4 Shane

Shane

❤ Love Beats Hate ❤

• Contributors

Posted 30 April 2021 - 10:16 PM

Hey again! Have you had a chance to vote in the first round yet? Also worth mentioning there is only a week left and we just need one more entry. Details are in the link also, good luck!

• Matthew likes this

#5 Valerie

Valerie

Senior

• Members

Posted 06 May 2021 - 05:10 PM

I just entered using the title "Screenshot: Challenge Accepted #2". Did I do it correctly or was I supposed to use Rebirth in the title? I'm a bit confused?
  • Shane likes this

#6 Shane

Shane

❤ Love Beats Hate ❤

• Contributors

Posted 06 May 2021 - 10:03 PM

You did it correctly. :)

#7 Shane

Shane

❤ Love Beats Hate ❤

• Contributors

Posted 14 May 2021 - 03:31 PM

Hey! There's only a week left to get your entries in! We only need one more. Check out the challenge here and maybe vote if you haven't. :)

#8 Shane

Shane

❤ Love Beats Hate ❤

• Contributors

Posted 20 May 2021 - 06:20 PM

Unless we get a last minute entry, S:CA #3 will be pushed back for next Friday. If you have a screen that matches the criteria, why not submit it? ;)

#9 Shane

Shane

❤ Love Beats Hate ❤

• Contributors

Posted 28 May 2021 - 09:42 AM

There's about a week left until next S:CA and like before, we need at least one more entry! The challenge details are here, and why not vote and comment on the current contest if you haven't already? I'm sure the participants would appreciate it.  :approve:

#10 Shane

Shane

❤ Love Beats Hate ❤

• Contributors

Posted 11 June 2021 - 05:02 PM

You know the drill by now...a week left, an entry needed. :P The details are here, and don't forget to vote and possibly leave some feedback for our current entrants! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users