Screenshot: Challenge Accepted
Screenshot: Challenge Accepted is an old PureZC contest that once merged with Screen Rebirth. It was hosted by many, including myself. It is being brought back to once again put participants creativity to the test! The contest cycles between Screenshot and Rebirth Challenges. You might have many questions right now, and I'm here to hopefully answer all of them! If you wish to browse the archived Screenshot: Challenge Accepted and Screen Rebirth content, you can do so here.
- All forms of participation must comply to the PureZC Site & Forum Rules.
- You may only submit one screenshot that you have created per challenge.
- All entries must be taken within the ZC Player or ZQuest Editor.
- Don't feel restricted! Push the limits of every challenge. Let's see your wild ideas!
- To enter, simply create a thread in the Dropbox. Title it with your name and contest number for convenience.
- To replace an entry, create a new thread with the replacement entry and a note attached.
- Feel free to caption your entry however you want (preferably place it below your entry and with italics).
Instead of its previous weekly schedule, it will be biweekly much like Screenshot of the Week has become. This is to allow the contest to be more manageable while also giving people more time to create screenshots as there is a bit more demand from a contest of this nature. Every deadline will be attached to the newly presented challenge and if there is cause for delay, the community will be informed ASAP.
Another part of the schedule was its rotation schedule. Previously, there were many special challenges but due to the biweekly nature of the contest, this would feel like too much padding. The contest will only cycle between screenshot and rebirth challenges. For compensation, these challenges will be more creative!
- Screenshot Challenges are a set of guidelines that must be followed. The guidelines entail what type of screen and what features it needs to have to qualify.
- Rebirth Challenges give you a base screen to remake. It can be recreated with whatever tileset and setting in mind.
An archive will be created and linked once a few contests have gone live. It will then be updated with each new contest going live.
Special thanks to the previous hosts: Marco, Silver, LostInHyru1e, Scootaloo, Koh, William, Russ, Adem and Moosh! The contest had undergone many changes and hosts, but the contest wouldn't have been as successful in the past without them and I felt credit was due here. I especially want to thank Russ and Moosh for entrusting me with the contest in the past.