• Please log in to reply
1367 replies to this topic

#1321 TheManHimself

TheManHimself

Real Human Bean

• Members

Posted 11 June 2021 - 12:54 PM

https://imgur.com/a/u5FpVgd

Started on this March 5th, and it is slowly coming together into the feverish, massive Zquest overworld of my dreams.

Edited by TheManHimself, 11 June 2021 - 12:55 PM.

• Nathaniel, Anthus, Twilight Knight and 5 others like this

#1322 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 11 June 2021 - 04:19 PM

Looks amazing so far with all the beautiful colours, unique themes and interesting little spots all over the place. I'm looking forward to the finished product

• TheManHimself likes this

#1323 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 June 2021 - 05:04 PM

I concur with what Twilight Knight said, it's a really unique map. :)

#1324 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 12 June 2021 - 05:43 AM

https://imgur.com/a/u5FpVgd

Started on this March 5th, and it is slowly coming together into the feverish, massive Zquest overworld of my dreams.

This is incredible so far and really unique! I also see you used the image of Barnard 68 as a bg over at the bottom right :P

#1325 TheManHimself

TheManHimself

Real Human Bean

• Members

Posted 12 June 2021 - 11:38 AM

This is incredible so far and really unique! I also see you used the image of Barnard 68 as a bg over at the bottom right :P

Good eye! It's amazing that it is still recognizable, even reduced to a really low resolution and indexed to 4 colors. I'm using it as a star field filler so I don't have to randomly place hundreds of star tiles per-screen for the space ocean.

Edited by TheManHimself, 12 June 2021 - 11:40 AM.

• Eddy likes this

#1326 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 13 June 2021 - 06:13 AM

Good eye! It's amazing that it is still recognizable, even reduced to a really low resolution and indexed to 4 colors. I'm using it as a star field filler so I don't have to randomly place hundreds of star tiles per-screen for the space ocean.

Well I'm studying astronomy so it wouldn't be good for me if I couldn't recognise it lmao. Still a very nice addition to the map though

• Shane and TheManHimself like this

#1327 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 23 June 2021 - 07:09 PM

I've made another map and i'am kinda proud of the palettes and the work i've done on this one. I've called it the Windy Valley.
210624021950527558.png

The black area i've put is normal: I've cut certain parts of the map at half since the map wasn't big enough to include another map. As you may seen i've attempted to create a big Colosseum but i've kinda fail miserably ^^'
Can you try to guess what the whirlwinds does in the map ? 

Anyway i hope you'll like it :)

Edited by Sans, 23 June 2021 - 07:10 PM.

• Anthus, Jared, WindRobe and 7 others like this

#1328 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 10 July 2021 - 03:52 PM

I've made a new map that i've finished. I've called the map the "Blaze's Rock".

210803033042329113.png

As you may guess there's many island separated from other island on a endless lava sea. Each island is a recreation of certain part of overworld. 4 island is a recreation of certain area of overworld from my quest while the other is inspired from another quest. When you look at it closely you may think that that map is a "Bad Future" (like Sonic CD) from each parts of overworld. 

Edited by Sans, 02 August 2021 - 08:16 PM.

• Twilight Knight, Mitchfork, WindRobe and 2 others like this

#1329 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 24 September 2021 - 10:52 AM

Been building a forest. Most likely this is not the final draft. But, the Moblin Camp will definitely be staying.

Spoiler

• Twilight Knight, Jenny and Bagu like this

#1330 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 24 September 2021 - 12:57 PM

Been building a forest. Most likely this is not the final draft. But, the Moblin Camp will definitely be staying.

[spoiler]7ae4f7e3b235dca30675c466137fdfe4d294c510

The Palette is real nice
...and I love the bushes and big trees

Edited by Bagu, 24 September 2021 - 12:58 PM.

• Architect Abdiel likes this

#1331 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 24 September 2021 - 05:19 PM

The Palette is real nice
...and I love the bushes and big trees

Thanks. I had to make a second tree to add some color variety into the mix.

And now... I also just designed Hyrule Castle Town.

Spoiler

• Shane and Bagu like this

#1332 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 24 September 2021 - 05:26 PM

Thanks. I had to make a second tree to add some color variety into the mix.

And now... I also just designed Hyrule Castle Town.

Spoiler

Thats a really nice one
...some LoZ2 flair in overhead view

#1333 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 24 September 2021 - 06:08 PM

Spoiler

• Shane, Jared and Bagu like this

#1334 Well Done

Well Done

Initiate

• Members

Posted 06 December 2021 - 12:23 AM

Just started using your RPG Maker (2.53.1_Win_Beta_55) and although I got a lot to learn about how to fully utilize the app I finished my first Overworld map in around 12 hours altogether.  Any pointers to a user's manual or FAQ on how to use the app would be awesome.  Anyways, here's a screenie of my first draft, a lot more editing to do, no dungeons, enemies or items placed.  Check it out and tell me what you think.

R3FcP18.jpg (7450×4006) (imgur.com)

There were no brown blocks so everything is green and blue, I guess that somehow I must learn to creat my own GIFs and use those, but like I said, don't know how to use this thing except what you see on the screenie.

And here's a map of the Lost Woods, in case you get confused.  Was the most fun part of making the map along with the tall mountain near the center.

pmcmnbc.jpg (552×499) (imgur.com)

#1335 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators

Posted 06 December 2021 - 10:21 AM

Just started using your RPG Maker (2.53.1_Win_Beta_55) and although I got a lot to learn about how to fully utilize the app I finished my first Overworld map in around 12 hours altogether.  Any pointers to a user's manual or FAQ on how to use the app would be awesome.  Anyways, here's a screenie of my first draft, a lot more editing to do, no dungeons, enemies or items placed.  Check it out and tell me what you think.

welcome! i like the idea you're going for, but it's difficult for me to look at in its current state! the easiest way to make a map in the editor is to select "view map" under the "view" menu. when you do that, you'll see this prompt:

zt0xKxK.png

if you go with the options selected, you'll be able to export a full size render of the map you've made. "full" is the maximum resolution possible, and if you select "save to file" it'll export whatever you have selected as your "snapshot format" in the options (it's usually .png, but if you want to mess with that more you'll wanna look for the options under the "ZC" menu.

there is a tutorial database here although the most comprehensive starter's guide refers to the 2.50 version, which is outdated now. i think the most current stable build is 2.53, which has a few different features i assume. fortunately though the tutorial should get you started; generally the core stuff of zquest and what not appears to have stayed the same; at least they have for me since i started using zelda classic and zquest when it was 2.10.

Edited by Taco Chopper, 06 December 2021 - 10:22 AM.

• Twilight Knight and Aquamentus (Facing Right) like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users