Photo

Screenshot of the Week 128

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 128 (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 128

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 25 June 2006 - 06:56 PM

CastChaos
user posted image
Look what can a fairy do with an ice cave!

Fire Wizzrobe
user posted image

Mighty Darknut
user posted image
Many dangers lurk in the deep.

Revfan9
user posted image
There is something seriously wrong with this room... Can you find it?

skipper
user posted image
Sharu's "dream" at the beginning of the quest. This quest MAY or MAY NOT be released, due to me giving up too easily. icon_razz.gif

now, I just thought of this. is anyone here having problems with viewing the images? I'd imagine somone would have said something by now, but I thought I'd just make sure

#2 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 25 June 2006 - 07:03 PM

I voted for Fire Wizzrobe. THat screenshot is just... wow. I can't think of anything else to say, excpet that it loks great. I would've voted for skipper, but at the top of the screeshot where the perspective gets all weird, and it makes the stuff that's under that brick thing look like its ontop of it. Maybe a little more colors, as in, darker shades, would make it look better. I don't know.

#3 trip i fall

trip i fall

Magus

• Members

Posted 25 June 2006 - 07:16 PM

I voted MD. Why? I'm not quite sure. I just liked it better then the rest. No really mind-blowing screenies this week.

#4 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE(trip i fall @ Jun 25 2006, 08:16 PM)
I voted MD. Why? I'm not quite sure. I just liked it better then the rest. No really mind-blowing screenies this week.

View Post

The poll says I have zero votes icon_eek.gif ...

I nulled.

#5 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:27 PM

I voted for Fire Wizrobe. Those SD3 trees are amazing.

#6 System Error

System Error

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:31 PM

CastChaos: Link is horribly miscolored, almost looking like a demented native. The vines throw off the perspective, as do the cave walls, which look like they're floating.

Fire Wizzrobe: Just a bunch of rips, which I've seen before, but they don't clash with one another. The cliffs' formation look very unnatural, however. The stone block in front of the house just looks strange. Probably the best screenshot here, though. Voted here.

Mighty Darknut: There is no transition into the sand on the ground. Perspective is odd as usual. In addition, I suggest darkening the screen - it looks far too bright as it is.

Revfan9: The wrong palm trees are being used; you should use the ones that go with the sand.

skipper: What's up with all the oddly colored black and white screenshots lately? The tops of the castle walls (the white bricks) look odd in constrast with the ground below. It looks as if they are part of the ground. The perspective is unusual in general.

Edited by System Error, 25 June 2006 - 08:32 PM.

#7 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 25 June 2006 - 09:26 PM

Oww... I got PWNd again... by Fire Wizzrobe...

System Error-I did use the beach sand palm trees... That's just the "shadow" messing it up.

#8 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 25 June 2006 - 09:47 PM

CastChaos:

Erk. I'm sorry, but this shot does things with DoR it was never meant to do. Brush on TOP of dungeon walls? Brush in CSet 4, and LTTP cave tiles in CSet 6? Some of the subscreen hasn't been recolored yet, and it looks like you didn't turn off the Clock cheat when you took this screenshot. Needs some work...

Fire Wizzrobe:

Excellent job with the SD3 rips. I'm not entirely sure they all go well with DoR.... or perhaps vice-versa. But it's still a good job. The main problem here is that there's no action at all in this shot, nor even a player character.

Also, it's very difficult to notice, but some of those SD3 grass tiles are meant to always interlock, I believe.

Mighty Darknut:

Hmm... does the water overlay work here? I'm iffy about it. I guess it's a pretty decent effect. Good job, overall. The layout is quite good, and there's stuff happening, though it's a bit hard to pick out the enemies (possibly an intentional effect?).

Revfan9:

Well, it may be simple and contains no new palettes, but this shot certainly doesn't have anything out of place about it, which is good to see. icon_smile.gif If not a winner, then definitely a runner-up.

skipper:

This is more of a loose tiles shot than a screenshot. I see a Zquest demonstration, but no actual setting nor action. I generally don't vote for tileset shots.

It's undoubtedly a good rip, though. SD3, is it?

I think Mighty Darknut has the most intriguing screen, overall. Got some good showings this time, though.

#9 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 25 June 2006 - 09:54 PM

always been a fan of SD tilesets, so my vote goes to Fire Wizzrobe.

#10 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:00 PM

It might be flashback lacking in color, but I've gotta go with Skipper. runners up in order: fire wizzrobe, mighty darknut, castchaos, and Revfan9.

on a side note, we'll miss you DFW.

#11 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Jun 25 2006, 10:47 PM)

Revfan9:

Well, it may be simple and contains no new palettes, but this shot certainly doesn't have anything out of place about it, which is good to see. icon_smile.gif If not a winner, then definitely a runner-up.

View Post

Why thank you =D! It's nice to be complimented on my SotW submissions for a change... But the pallette is custom. I was going for a dull, faded effect that would blend in with the rest of the graphics, and making the player not notice that it was there at all and concentrate on the gameplay, so I guess I did my job pretty nicely!

#12 rexlaninetales

rexlaninetales

9 tailed kitsune

• Members

Posted 25 June 2006 - 11:30 PM

CastChaos:
Not too shabby. I like the sprites and the vines hanging from the ceiling.
Fire Wizzrobe:
Awsome detail! I love the trees and the flowers. The hut looks decent as well
Mighty Darknut:
While it looks cool; everything is obscured by water. Still nice nevertheless.
revfan9:
Nice! A desert/aquatc dungeon. Like an oasis in the desert.
Skipper:
Lovely monochrome. I really like the texture of the bricks. You really worked hard on all that detail.
I voted for Fire Wizzrobe. That is an awsome screen shot!

#13 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2006 - 12:16 AM

Guess I might as well...

Castchaos:

...WTF are forest tiles doing on the walls of a cave?

Fire Wizzrobe:

Easily the best shot here, but the very bright SD3 tiles look akward next to the dull DoR tiles (not saying Dull colors are a bad thing, but they just look akward being right next to bright ones).

MD:

I have no problems with this shot, but the view is obstructed by the water a bit. Fix that.

Revfan9:

Rexla9tails, that sand is washed in from a beach, not a desert. Hence the name "Beachview Shrine". Just thought I would clear that up...

Skipper:

Nice monochrome shot, but the perspective is off in some spots, and besides the walls, the shot just feels empty.

#14 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:59 AM

QUOTE(Revfan9 @ Jun 26 2006, 07:16 AM)
Castchaos:

...WTF are forest tiles doing on the walls of a cave?

View Post

Read caption under text... icon_sigh.gif

I voted for Fire Wizzrobe. I was going to choose Skipper, then somebody pointed out the strange transition at the top.

Seems like I'm not worthy to use DoR... Anyways, I used the ise dungeon pallete and Cset6 was the only solution to make the walls bright and warm, since it's a fairy cave. Brush is also there because it's a fairy cave. I didn't want else pallete, since that would be an extra DMap...

#15 Johan

Johan

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 June 2006 - 07:51 AM

skipper's screen is so gorgous!! I voted it. I can't understand why Fire Wizzrobe is winning. His screen is boring as hell and the trees look like they're floating. icon_shrug.gif

Edited by Johan, 26 June 2006 - 07:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users