Photo

EotM #18 - Theme Discussion: Technology

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 David

David

• Forum Moderators

Posted 13 March 2016 - 12:28 PM

Hey, guys! It's time for the next Enemy of the Month competition! Here is the theme for this month:

Theme: Technology
Deadline: 04/14/16 (Thursday, April 14th, 2016) 04/22/16 (Thursday, April 22nd, 2016)

As you can see, this month, the theme is Technology! That means you can make any enemy somehow related to the idea of technology as long as it follows the rules. Remember, be creative! You can push the limits a bit if you want. We all can't wait to see what you are going to come up with! :)

Please submit your enemy using the EotM dropbox. Also, please read the rules/guidelines for EotM. Make sure you submit your enemy based on the submission template as this will keep things organized and easy for others to read your enemies.

Thank you and good luck to everyone! We all can't wait to see your creative enemies! :)

• Eddy and Joelmacool like this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

Geometry Dash addict :v

• Database Staff

Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:11 AM

The deadline is in 4 days and we still have no submissions for this contest! If anyone has anything related to the theme, please be sure to submit it before the time is up.

#3 ywkls

ywkls

Warrior

• Members

Posted 10 April 2016 - 02:03 PM

The deadline is in 4 days and we still have no submissions for this contest! If anyone has anything related to the theme, please be sure to submit it before the time is up.

Would a beamos of some sort count as technology? Cause I've already got sprites for that and was planning to make a giant beamos boss for my next quest anyways. If it qualitied, I'd go ahead and create it. I'm pretty sure that I could be done by the deadline.

• Eddy and David like this

#4 Eddy

Eddy

• Database Staff

Posted 10 April 2016 - 02:17 PM

Would a beamos of some sort count as technology? Cause I've already got sprites for that and was planning to make a giant beamos boss for my next quest anyways. If it qualitied, I'd go ahead and create it. I'm pretty sure that I could be done by the deadline.

That would count, so go ahead.

• David and ywkls like this

#5 ywkls

ywkls

Warrior

• Members

Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:11 PM

Alright, I submitted my entry. It's not a true beamos in that it doesn't target you automatically; but it looks like one and fires a laser. I thought about creating more movement patterns, but I can always do more complex versions some other time. Right now, it just warps around the room; forcing you to keep on your toes lest it pop up right on top of you. Now to see what kind of competition materializes before the deadline.

Edit: I forgot to mention this in my submission, but the tiles for the beamos statue were originally created by CastChaos.

Edited by ywkls, 11 April 2016 - 06:52 AM.

• Eddy and David like this

#6 Eddy

Eddy

• Database Staff

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:34 AM

Well, the deadline was yesterday but we only have one submission so I guess we're gonna have to extend the deadline again by another week or two. If anyone has anything that suits the theme, please submit!

#7 Avataro

Quest maker xD

• Members

Posted 28 April 2016 - 04:19 AM

Did you get enough entries yet? The deadline has passed. I'll make an enemy today to keep this thing alive hopefully. xD

Edited by Avataro, 28 April 2016 - 04:20 AM.

• Eddy likes this

#8 Eddy

Eddy

• Database Staff

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:52 AM

Did you get enough entries yet? The deadline has passed. I'll make an enemy today to keep this thing alive hopefully. xD

Still didn't get enough entries until now, but I'll glady accept the entry anyway. With 2 just entries though, we can finally get this going. Video and poll will go up sometime during the weekend.

Gonna go ahead and lock this up now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users