In the Lost Kingdom of the Banana Blood God Help Thread

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#31 Hoff123

Hoff123

The Hoff :)

• Members

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:27 AM

I beat the damn ice block puzzle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

h7Ov1mH.png

• Russ likes this

#32 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:24 PM

Congrats! You've officially graduated the Moosh's Ice Block Puzzle Academy. Now you're ready to go get smashed over the head by Evan's ice block puzzles. :P

• Eppy, Avaro and Evan20000 like this

#33 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:49 PM

See it's reactions like this that make me glad I didn't try to go full Evan with the puzzles here. Moosh puzzles are hard enough for most people.

#34 Hoff123

Hoff123

The Hoff :)

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:20 AM

I've never been good at these kinds of puzzles. Block puzzles, and especially ice block puzzles(I kind of hate them lol). And also sliding puzzles in real life.

How the heck do you solve these things? Trial and error? Think up 20 moves in your head first(move this block here, and this one here, and then move the first one again etc...). Both?

#35 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:11 AM

You don't need to think so many moves ahead. Most ice block puzzles can be solved methodically with two techniques: block cycling and block stacking. They are exactly what they sound like. Cycling is just pushing a block in a circuit around a room, taking care not to get it permanently stuck against a wall. Stacking is pushing multiple blocks around that circuit and stacking them up to reach places they otherwise couldn't. You only need the top block of the stack to continue it, so you can push the older blocks back into the circuit to make the stacks reach further. Think about how you would solve a simple puzzle with a square ice area, three blocks, and one switch in the center. The same ideas apply to more complex ice block puzzles.

• Moosh, Evan20000 and Hoff123 like this

#36 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

I can't get the pic to paste from photobucket....in Flooded Temple first floor, up,left,up,left, there is a room with a turtle creature - I can get the two bodies of water to freeze, but don't know what to do to get the item for this room.  The turtle seems invincible.  Help.  I've persevered so far and made the jumps to get this far in the quest...it's just too damn good to give up!!  

#37 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:16 PM

That's a hardhat beetle. Your normal weapons won't work on him. To kill him, you have to knock him backwards into the pit in the corner of the room. The ice kunai should help with that.

#38 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

I finally beat my record of 171 in Flappy Moosh (normal mode) and scored 210.

My next goal is 300.

Oh ya, and I beat this game (including the boss rush mode).

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 29 March 2014 - 12:30 PM.

• Russ likes this

#39 canaan

canaan

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:22 AM

i feel like a nubcake. in the mountain ruins, i have no clue on where to go. any push in the right direction? came to a dead end of water in the basement and i came to two candle pots that turn off when i get off the button.

edit: derp. figured it out.

Edited by canaan, 10 April 2014 - 08:20 AM.

#40 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:36 AM

Can´t figure out how to go on. This is my progress so far. Am I missing some item ?

zelda010_zpsbcd61343.png

zelda014_zps7bcedf42.png

zelda013_zps94d90d50.png

Edited by Lukaz, 12 April 2014 - 09:38 AM.

#41 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:42 AM

You can get over to the left side of floor 1. The room at the top left, you can use the Fire Rod to light all the torches, letting you get across.

#42 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:06 AM

I have tried to light them but can only reach 2 torches. The rod seems not work diagonal.

zelda015_zps94f1ecfe.png

EDIT: - Ahh, never mind, found out what to do. Didn´t know that the rod could be used like this !

Edited by Lukaz, 12 April 2014 - 11:52 AM.

#43 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:58 AM

How do i get the key in the bottom right room in level 4 ? The compass indicate that there is a key but I can´t find it

#44 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

Freeze the water.

#45 jwex001

jwex001

Senior

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:53 PM

Where can i find the link to download this quest.  I follow the link to the announcement, then download from the link there, but when i go to unpack the zip file, it tells me it is invalid .  Any ideas.  I tried it two times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users