246 replies to this topic

#1 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

Hi, ummmm!

Allow me to break the ice.

Welcome to the NEW Lost Isle help and discussion thread. icon_smile.gif Code name "Lost Isle revisited"

Right now I ain't seeking any help, but I want to at least have a discussion thread, right?! So here we go.

I finally started playing this quest again, after my last attempt got me nowhere due to other responsibilities. But tonight I bulked down and prepared myself to explore and conquer the world of Lost Isle. My revisited impression is much similar to my first impression. The most impressive thing about Lost Isle, is the Isle itself. It's just so overwhelming to be thrown into such a large dangerous piece of the earth with not much sign of life everywhere.

I decided to manage my exploration better, knowing that this world is designed for travellers to easily get wandered off in. My mission tonight was to familiarize with as much terrain as possible before making any real progress.

So, two and a half hours and 7 deaths later. I pretty much am with only bow and arrows, and four heart piece containers. But the island is my playground now as I explored so much land and studied the map well, I own these lands, and the bad guy doesn't even know it.

Now, I must find a frigin temple, but I'll save that for another day. After I continue to harrass every enemy and monster I see until they know what monster they let drift on their peaceful island. I know a few Stalfos already that will squeal the location of the first dungeon at the first sight of my Master Sword, but that's just too easy.

What fun! icon_smile.gif

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 28 February 2013 - 01:46 AM.

#2 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:49 AM

Started playing again today, after getting tipped off by a Stalfos about a little birdy that takes you around the world, I began searching for the bird, only when I turned around and saw a statue. Under the statue I found out the secret of the Island, further sealing my claim on this land.

Like a Ninja I can pop out from the shadows to any unsuspecting monster.

But the location of the first temple still eluded me. That is until the world became more clear, it's secrets and mysteries unravelling before my eyes, and I was able to located and enter the Ancient Temple.

I set up camp within, roasted a fire with a few crab legs I gathered from the jerk who thought he could run off with my sword.

The monsters here have no idea what just walked right in their front door step.

#3 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

uhh.....well if your just saying you found the temple but did not really,the Temple is in the swamp somewhere.

#4 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

Exploration is indeed the key in Lost Isle, you got that right NewJourneysFire. Also, I've been saying it many times that LI is like a Metroid game disguised as Zelda. So it's a very different feeling Zelda game than most. icon_wink.gif

#5 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

So my campfire got cut short early when Mr. "I own this island" wanted to ruin my peaceful dinner. Can't enjoy a good meal of crab legs without hearing him yack about an island he doesn't even want to upkeep. The place is falling apart for frig sakes.

And this is how he talks to his guests? Oh, it's on!

#6 Geezer

Geezer

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Feb 28 2013, 12:29 PM) View Post

Exploration is indeed the key in Lost Isle, you got that right NewJourneysFire. Also, I've been saying it many times that LI is like a Metroid game disguised as Zelda. So it's a very different feeling Zelda game than most. icon_wink.gif

I also decided to try again to run Lost Isle (I got as far as the bomerand test in the castle and never could finish it in the time rerequired to move on). I abandomed it then. Now the all quests through 210w will not run in my Windows XP. This started some time ago, Ithink with some update from Microsoft. I can only play quests using versions of 2.5, so I am attempting to use the latest release zc-250w. So it looks OK, but there is no indication of where you are in level 1 except for the letters F1,B1 etc. I have not come across a map either. I forget if this was so the first time I ran it. Can somebody let me know if I am wasting my time trying this. The map of the overworld being generated outside the level is good.

#7 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

You need to find the map to know where exactly you are in the dungeon. The map is in the B2 floor. The quest should work just fine with ZC 2.5, it has been tested by many people.

#8 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Mar 7 2013, 02:53 PM) View Post

You need to find the map to know where exactly you are in the dungeon. The map is in the B2 floor. The quest should work just fine with ZC 2.5, it has been tested by many people.

On that note: would you consider making dungeon maps for LI as you did with the overworld maps? It'd be interesting to look at.

#9 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE(Sheik @ Mar 7 2013, 04:43 PM) View Post

On that note: would you consider making dungeon maps for LI as you did with the overworld maps? It'd be interesting to look at.

Well we're not making any more changes to the quest and even if we did, detailed dungeon maps (similar to the overworld maps) wouldn't be possible. The dungeons are so complex in design. With so many ZC tricks going on and tons of warping between different dmaps, the map would be a mess if enabled. But I try to include detailed dungeon maps to Lost Isle 2 somehow.

#10 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

You probably already know, but there is an option now for "Show overworld map, but only show screens marked on your dungeon map." So even if you have warps to identical screens and stuff going on, all the main screens of the dungeon that are marked on the map will still show up. It's a really handy little feature.

#11 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Mar 7 2013, 07:31 PM) View Post

You probably already know, but there is an option now for "Show overworld map, but only show screens marked on your dungeon map." So even if you have warps to identical screens and stuff going on, all the main screens of the dungeon that are marked on the map will still show up. It's a really handy little feature.

Wow, didn't know. Thanks for the information. I'm still a bit rusty after a 5 year hiatus from ZC. icon_wink.gif

#12 Geezer

Geezer

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Mar 8 2013, 12:01 PM) View Post

Wow, didn't know. Thanks for the information. I'm still a bit rusty after a 5 year hiatus from ZC. icon_wink.gif

You may also not be aware that the Lost Isle on Pure ZC Has an update as of 2/14/13. The info on the quest states twice that Lost Isle build may no longer work. This is the one I am trying with ZC 250w.

#13 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

I'll be going back to the city tomorrow where my computer is. So I'll be playing this game again. Can't wait.

#14 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

Can't wait either! Continue your journey New Fire! icon_biggrin.gif

#15 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

Oh I will, I can't play this quest without feeling envious towards the skill in overworld design. Because it is making good overworlds something I take high value in. Even though Souls of Wisdom lacks detail, it was built very well to compliment itself. But when I play this game and Origin, I see the price I paid by ignoring detail. Which is why now while building my new quest, I take every visual cue I see, not only am I playing this quest to beat, it's a perfect guide when using the LI graphics pack.

You guys mastered the efficient use of this graphics pack, and it is a personal goal to recreate that visual work to the best of my efforts while adding new surprising ideas.

It's been the most helpful.

Also, I find an overworld without a population of Hylian citizens to be refreshing compared to what I'm used to.

But, with all great works, there are always things we can find to complain about. Even though this is minor, I don't quite understand arrows being currency. At first thought, I would believe it would make reasonable currency to support a more of an old fashion trade form of business. But why arrows?

When I think of another game that's abandoned what's expected as currency, I think of fallout in their use of bottle caps, and money being a slightly more valuable currency called pre-war money, but still an insignificant currency because bottle caps are weightless (really though).

But in Lost Isle, arrows? Ah well, it's no real big deal. Perhaps I'll use my well equipped bow to deliver "special payments" to the ones who I owe "special payments".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users