Photo

Screenshot of the Week 483

justin legend27 Dwarlen ZeldaPlayer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 483 (57 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:34 PM

legend27

legend27.png

The only life in this forest is those of the deceased and the wandering souls.

Dwarlen

Dwarlen.png

Looks like its been a little while since anyone dusted this place...

ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer.png

Who doesn't like snowy days?

justin

justin.png

Infiltrating the goblin camp in the Old Town ruins.

#2 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:35 PM

I WAS JUSTIN TIME TO VOTE FOR JUSTIN

Forgive me Justin. But seriously, that's probably one of the coolest and most creative Firebird screens I've seen. Every entry is fantastic this week!

Edited by Shane, 23 November 2014 - 09:37 PM.

• Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder, Jared and justin like this

#3 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:58 PM

I...uhhh....I think I need to go lie down. This Screenshot of The Week is too amazing.

#4 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:12 PM

Justin wins my vote, no contest. His screen was the only screen that actually felt alive and easy to read. Legend27 and Dwarlin had decent ideas going for them but lacked in execution. Zeldaplayer's didn't feel well constructed - There doesn't seem to be much breathing space, it is very difficult to read because of the falling snow and what is that Hylian's Shield doing in the top left corner?

Feedback -

Legend27: Either tone down the yellow highlights on the screen or desaturate the purple on the ground. The way they are set up here together right now is jarring to the eye. Otherwise, it is fine given the tileset. The only other thing I would suggest is to remove some of the trees in the water to make it more readable.

Dwarlin: Give this screen some more colour. The colours don't have to be bright either - the screen would work better with darker colours. Maybe put some green or red down in on the webs?

Zeldaplayer: Firstly, remove the snow falling - It obscures the screen. Secondly, remove the Hylian Shield - it looks like a random item placed on the screen for the heck of it. Lastly, try to make the screen feel more open. Remove the small tree on the middle and snow brush on the right side of the screen - those look like unnecessary clutter. Maybe try modifying the mountain layout to create more open room?

Justin: Not much, except for maybe to tone the whites on the outer walls on the houses a little bit because they stick out like a sore thumb.

Edited by Orithan, 25 November 2014 - 05:19 AM.

#5 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:48 PM

I voted for legend because I don't need a reason.

#6 Astromeow

Astromeow

RESPECT DA OBOE SOLO

• Members

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:00 AM

I voted for dwarlen. I'm feeling that old place vibe and likewise those cobwebs are peachy

I would have for zelda player however the shot seems familiar and crammed

#7 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:35 AM

legend27

Needs enemies

Dwarlen

Spooky but were are the spiders... Still voted cause I love the design here.

ZeldaPlayer

Ditch the snow ditch the shield! and it might not be so bad

justin (18 votes [64.29%])

Your palette choice ruins this shot and I had to give my vote else where. Next time choose a slight;y darker palette. If it is truly nighttime then you should be using darker colors. :/

#8 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:59 AM

I forgot to look at this yesterday, and when I saw today, I was like oh wow these entries are awesome.

#9 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:08 AM

A really tough competition this week between justin and Dwarlen. In the end though, I decided to go ahead and vote for justin for his amazing FireBird skills and for a generally amazing shot. Dwarlen comes close in second.

#10 Dwarlen

Dwarlen

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:34 AM

Dwarlin: Give this screen some more colour. The colours don't have to be bright either - the screen would work better with darker colours. Maybe put some green or red down in on the webs?

I kinda thought the screen could use some color too. But I never could think of a good way to put some in. I'm curious exactly how I could put green or red in the webs, as I've never heard of green or red cobwebs so I assume you mean some red and green objects under the webs. While I can see maybe some green moss or something I don't quite see what object underneath a cobweb would be red. Would you mind elaborateing on that a little bit?

Dwarlen

Spooky but were are the spiders... Still voted cause I love the design here.

There are actually four spiders on that screen, believe it or not. However, they only have six legs as I couldn't figure out how to fit eight in one tile, and they are also only showing their side in this screen so that you can actually only see three of those six legs. When I first put them in I decided to make them transparent as I felt like they stood out to much. Since you missed them entirely I'm assumeing that was a bad idea, haha. If you want to take a closer look at them they are around the statues, one of them is directly northwest of Link.

#11 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:07 PM

Justin: Not much, except for maybe to tone the whites on the outer walls on the houses a little bit because they stick out like a sore thumb.

Your palette choice ruins this shot and I had to give my vote else where. Next time choose a slight;y darker palette. If it is truly nighttime then you should be using darker colors. :/

thanks for the palette advice.  i was using a built-in FB palette, it was the only one of the "nighttime" palettes that i felt fit the mood i wanted.  i've since made some changes to it, and posted the updated version in the Screenshot Critique thread (http://www.purezc.ne...=49614&p=932232).

#12 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:26 AM

I'm just still practicing with DoR.

#13 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:20 AM

i dont like snowy days so i voted for justin

• ZeldaPlayer likes this

#14 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:54 AM

legend27 -Something seems a bit off about the waterfall/water area. Something about the perspective just doesn't make sense to me. Unfortunately other than that, there's not a lot to go on with this screen. It's not a bad screen per se, but doesn't really grab my attention either.

Dwarlen - NOPE. NOPE NOPE NOPE. SPIDERS NOPE.

Very spooky and creepy screen. I like the cobweb tiles and how they're being used. I'd have liked to have seen a couple of enemies (spiders, perhaps?) to really sell the overall idea. Only other issue is it doesn't really feel like a cave, more like a dungeon.

ZeldaPlayer - A nice looking screen, but nothing too different from most snowy DoR tileset screens. Again, not bad, but not spectacular.

justin - Well then. I really like what's going on with this screen. It seems to tell a story, showing a ruined town area overrun by Moblins. Only thing that I noticed is merely a personal preference: I think the fences near the chest would look better if they were connected in some way instead of seemingly free standing.

justin gets it this week, though Dwarlen also had a really cool thing going on.

#15 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:38 PM

With 68.00% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 483 is justin! But not the DCEnygma Justin, he's a jerk. :glare:

justin.png

Congratulations!

Voting totals:

legend27 (5 votes [10.00%])
Dwarlen (6 votes [12.00%])
ZeldaPlayer (5 votes [10.00%])
- justin (34 votes [68.00%])

• nicklegends, Evan20000 and HavoX like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: justin, legend27, Dwarlen, ZeldaPlayer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users