Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:59 PM

!!!

Looking forward to this, Shoelace. icon_smile.gif

#17 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:04 AM

The dungeons are challenging? Well then this quest is definitely going to my "must download list" as I love good dungeons more than anything. And yeah, it's a good thing to make the first levels easy so that people don't get frustrated at the very beginnig, but it's naturally ok to tone up the difficulty after that. So what if the game's too tough for some people? You cannot please everyone you know. icon_wink.gif

BTW, I was wondering about a couple of things: Are there any custom bosses or cutscenes in the quest? If you wanna keep it as a secret, it's ok, and even if there isn't any of those, it's ok, as I'm sure that if the game just plays well enough then none of that fancy stuff really matters much...

#18 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:34 AM

There are custom bosses in the game. Again, you will see an improvement in the custom bosses from level to level, as I was better understanding quest making through the process. Like after the 5th level, you will see a huge improvement in the bosses.

Also, there are cutscenes in the game. But they aren't that fancy as other games. Now that I know how to make better cutscenes, you will see them in my later games, but I couldn't add them in this game because of time.

#19 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 31 January 2006 - 10:49 AM

Woohoo, it's almost done, I've been waiting for this quest. icon_razz.gif

One thing though:

user posted image

Why is Link swimming under the fences? o_O

#20 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:15 PM

Why is Link swimming under the fences? o_O

Just one of the many puzzles in the game. I don't want to explain it to much because I don't want to ruin that puzzle. icon_razz.gif

#21 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Forum Moderators

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:57 PM

How did I not notice this thread before? Your screenshots are excellent, just like everybody else is saying! When you are done with making Hero of Dreams, you need to celebrate, and we all need to play it. Clearly you put a lot of hard work into it, as you have stated. I will be paying attention to any remaining progress you make on the quest. Take as much time as you need, of course. This looks very professional, and it looks like it will be a lot of fun to play. So what if you are using Pure. If it looks great, it doesn't matter whether the tileset is overused or underused.

#22 Sacred Nym

Sacred Nym

Wizard

• Members

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:36 PM

WHEN WILL WE GET THIS QUEST??? <(O_O<)

#23 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 18 February 2006 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE(Questions @ Feb 18 2006, 01:36 PM)
WHEN WILL WE GET THIS QUEST??? <(O_O<)

View Post

When it's ready. Just like TP.

I've been WAITING for this quest. Take as much time as you need. Remember this "A bad game is a bad game forever." Don't rush through it.

#24 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:35 PM

Oh, I guess you haven't read that topic where I delayed it again.

Too many things happened at once, life got in the way. I just got back today, it was a crazy week with a wedding and a funeal. I have so much homework that I have to get done. Jeez... Anyways, I haven't opened up zquest in a week or so, so that is why. Anyways, later this week when everything is cleared up, I will finish the game and give it to my testers.

#25 Johan

Johan

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:27 AM

This quest caught my eye some time ago. Can't wait for it to be released. But when will it be released? I know it's annoying question but can't you give any predictions? icon_razz.gif

#26 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:03 AM

It will be released sometime in 2006. lol

But really like I said in the credits topic, it is basically done, I just need to add the credit strings and test it before I send it to the testers. So I say two weeks so that they have time to test it out. I don't want one major bug in the game. So far there isn't.

It could be sooner but I have so much things going on. (I just got out of my physics test, and I have another test later on today. Then I got to finish a project today, then a test in Linear Alegbra tomorrow, then a lab report... etc. So hopefully I will get some time friday to at least submit it to the testers before I go home for spring break. I wish I had a lab top because I can't take my desktop to my mom's house. icon_frown.gif

#27 Johan

Johan

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:05 AM

All right. of course real life is more important than Zquest.

But 2 weeks? YEAH! icon_wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users